Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Most Annoying Cars/drivers

GaryC

There aren't enough posts on here so I'm giving it my best shot to get some more going !

As soon as I get my new Lexus I'm sure I'll calm down but in the meantime........

What cars/driver types are the most annoying you see on the road and what bad driving habits do they display ?

For Lexus snobs only (aren't we all that though ?)...

Here's my top few.....

1. VW Passat TDi driver who "whizzes" :P past and then you see him quickly glance in the rear view mirror to see if you are totally awe-struck. Usually wears sunglasses and has bald head.

2. BMW 318Ci driver who drives around thinking his car is extremely rare and exclusive. Usually de-badged though to hide the milk-float engine in it.

3. Mk 1 Renault Laguna with a rear spoiler. No comment required here.

4. Ford Mondeo ST24 or ST200 or even worse a normal Mondeo with a hachett job at the back to put twin exhaust pipes on it :geek:

5. BMW 523i SE driver with a T-plate. My old one to-be is an S-plate. "Hark at me ? My car is newer than yours" look on his face as he drives past. Big deal.

6. Audi A6 1.9 TDi - The slugs in my garden are faster than this heap.

7. Any old shape Vauxhall Vectra.

8. Any other BMW 3 series (apart from M3).

9. New Toyota Avensis driver. "I am a company director - I must be because it's in the advert".

That is by far the most annoying car advert I've ever seen - yuk. Get real it's a family car.

10. New Mondeo. With a big boot to hold all the double-glazing samples.

One more for you. I once phoned an Audi dealer and said I'd like to drive the A6, I have a Mk 1 Lexus as part ex (once again what was I doing ? I should have been shot !). Again I was just curious about all the hyped-up reviews in the car mags.

This is absolutely true what he said to me. "I'm sure your Lexus is a nice car but it lacks the heritage of the European rivals". I thought "Hello, he's been reading Parkers Car Guide". What a prat !

There aren't enough posts on here so I'm giving it my best shot to get some more going !

crikey!

how many posts do you want?

Generally, I think only the 3 series BM and White Van drivers live up to their stereotypes.

See a lot of :tsktsk: s in Citroen C5's as well for some reason :blink:

Oh don't get me started on certain car drivers...

Passat TDI - What is it with them? They're driving a family car but think they are in a compact executive.

De-badged 318 - Don't they realise the skinny 15" wheels and pea-shooter exhaust pipe tells everyone it's only a 4 cylinder!

Alfa 156 - Becoming more annoying

Audi TT - :lol::lol: (Sorry John RX)

And when I'm driving our CR-V, I notice more that people in Freelanders become tw*ts - must be at the mere sight of another softroader their brain starts to tell them that they are driving the best 4x4xfar! Er-sorry, but you're not - the freelander is an ageing piece of **** and whats with the pi55hy 1.8 engines? No comparion to our i-VTEC with 150 horses! :)

I actually think that people who drive like this are deliberately playing up to the image their cars portray - surely to ***, not everyone who drives a Passat TDI is a tw*t?

Rant over!

I have to say, for me, its not particular cars... it's particluar drivers...

e.g. people who stay in the central/outside lane on the motorway :tsktsk: cos they might have to pull out again in 10 mins...

Those people that ignore lane discpline on roundabouts, and race around the outside, then cut off, nearly causing an accident..

The boy racers that think a housing estate is a race track... :tsktsk:

But worst of ALL :tsktsk: those people that do 45mph down 60mph a-roads... and then carry on doing 45mph through the 30mph villages!!! :tsktsk:

where i live (SE London)there are a lot of dual carriageways (built up areas) I've lost count of the number of times I have to undertake to make progress due to someone being in the outside lane @ 35 mph (50 mph limit)

unfortunately if i identify the culprits (99%) of the time i may get arrested.......... :whistling:

Yep, lane discipline (lack of) is the winder upper for me ....

Those with exclusive rights to cruise the centre lane of otherwise empty 3 lane m/ways.

And the ones stubbornly welded to the outside lane...

Well they're doing 70, how could anyone possibly want to get past ?

Eventually they pull in, only to pull back out again once you pass = Aaargghhhh

:megaangry:

what really worries me on motorways though... is those panel vans (larger than a transit but not an artic)... that sit on peoples rear bumper and hammer down the outside lane... I'd hate to think of one of them having to do an emergency stop in those situations!

Ithink the hot hatch boys are the most annoying yet entertaining road uses. they make there car twice as heavy with fibreglass gubbins then put on a power sapping noise increasing exhaust.... don' t even smoke m in th lex. I just give a loft look of dissaproval and pretend that I don't have a nos bottle in the boot.

THen there is old fu<ker! the bloke who will not change lanes when he is in the outside doing 65 and there is nothing inside... but the BEST....

You know when you are tanking up the outside lane and some rum fu<ker pulls out on you way ahead. if he had used the mirror twice he could see you were gonna be past him in a second, He pulls out long enough for you to have to scrub off all your speed and then goes on again!

I really hate them!

:angry:

my pet hate is the people in the £50 cars (prob untaxed/un mot'd/un insured/unlicenced) who cut u up etc..............

every 5th car in london is like that :tsktsk:

watcxh it that'll be next car, although will be taxed, mot'ed etc etc...

I agree with most, if not all, of the above comments.

I drive the M1 every day (around 50 miles each way...) and I am constantly amazed at the number of "boy racers" who pull along side me smile and then accelerate. Usually in an old astra estate but more often a Passat TDI :excl::excl::excl:

I would like a neon sign that I could activate saying "Better second in this than first in that".

Sometime's you just have to press the "Oh, behave you little tw@t" peddle and show them though :whistling::excl:

Had the IS 4 months and done 12k - can't shake the big cheesy grin I get every time I get in it. :blush:

When I'm riding the Hayabusa (motorbike) :

1) Idiots that don't notice that my main beam is burning their retina's in the rear view mirror (I always ride with the main beam on in the day time to stand half a chance of getting to where I want to be).

2) Idiots (normally builders lorries and vans) that turn right without indicating or warning, when I am overtaking them.

3) Idiots that turn right across me when I am riding towards them (a very close one last week).

4) Idiots that have no idea how to drive a car, have no spacial awareness, and have no comprehension of or interest in anything beyond the rear bumper of the car in front.

You should try driving around the East End, Tottenham, parts of South London etc. A scary place to be because none of them have a licence or insurance :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I think I'll have to get my flame thrower out again.

I can feel my soap box being dusted off.

Meisterstück Solitaire Key Ring by Montblanc!

commend you on your taste, sir!

I have the miesterstuck 149 and the le grande. Most excelent pens money can buy. I wonder if that is why there is a small selection available at your lexus dealer....

...like how I cunningly brought that back on topic?

Loz

Meisterstück Solitaire Key Ring by Montblanc!

commend you on your taste, sir!

I have the miesterstuck 149 and the le grande. Most excelent pens money can buy. I wonder if that is why there is a small selection available at your lexus dealer....

...like how I cunningly brought that back on topic?

Loz

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Golf driver get right on my t*ts. especially the 1.6 ones. they seem to think they can burn anyone off. mind you so do the gti drivers, proved one of those drivers wrong. thought he could burn me off but the little is200 is more powerful than people think. also woman audi drivers seem to like tail gating me on the most twisty country roads ever.

Fun when you're trying to pull onto the motorway behind someone who thinks that this manouver is perfectly safe at 45mph and you then find yourself between them and the lorry coming up behind at 70mph.

Most annoying for me is the spotty little flerkwit wonkers that race past my kids' school at 70mph in their clapped out old hatchbacks, thinking that they look kinda cool

Praps they're racing past so nobody sees said clapped out hatches ...

and starts taking the pee :D

take it thats a girls school then rodders?

remember when my mum did a stint teaching at Skipton Girls High School. she thought I was so kind for comming to pick her up when ever I could. and then she'd tell me which girls were interested. you see, when you the MAC, even yo momma got yo back!

:zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links