Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks. The LS430 I thought would be bullet proof, its a Lexus afterall but this doesnt seem to be the case ....

How good is the Mark Levinson system? I normally yank out the OEM stuff and put in high end audio - suspect its difficult on the 430's - no easy way to retrofit I think from what I can see.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201405284544174/sort/default/usedcars/postcode/ub81qe/radius/1500/model/ls/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/1/make/lexus/keywords/ls430?logcode=p

Newish Model with LPG - a bit more than I care to spend but certainly not completely out of bounds.

Also - is premium pack worth holding out for? IE, dont buy unless it has this ... ?

Why dont these dealers state the mileage. Mark Levinson is high end and an excellent system in the 430. The early 430's from 2000/2002 had Premium Pack as an option. Look for bumpers which dont have sensors back and front. From 2002 PP was standard

Thanks - I wouldnt have know about some of these issues (ie, bolts missing) as I dont know the cars - so will avoid.

Anyone selling something similar worth looking at?

Avoid Lexuschap like the plague.

Have a look through the archives his criminal activities are well documented. Mike

Why dont these dealers state the mileage. Mark Levinson is high end and an excellent system in the 430. The early 430's from 2000/2002 had Premium Pack as an option. Look for bumpers which dont have sensors back and front. From 2002 PP was standard

"Why don't these dealers state the mileage?" Normally because the car has between to the moon and back and most buyers would be put off in the first instance which cuts down their chance of selling you the car. Nothing wrong with high mileage cars as long as it has a full and detailed Lexus service history. If I am looking for a car and the mileage, MOT etc isn't detailed I don't go any further with it. Mike

Levinson stereo is very good indeed, better than a mate of mines home stereo he paid over a grand for, he wants to try to get one for his home he likes it that much.

Bullet proof cars, total rubbish, why do we say it, it is completely daft, you fire a gun at a car it will make holes and possibly do some serious damage. Unless it has been made bullet proof at ridiculous cost.

These cars have a good longevity only if they are treated correctly, like most luxury cars, routinely serviced properly, you treat a car badly it will let you down.

Many of the owners here have had their cars some time, and i believe most keep on top of the servicing, cleaning and routine maintenance, thats why they stay in good condition and the owners swear by them.

You find a rogue one that hasn't been as well looked after and you will find these kinds of issues like the one you looked at in this post.

Levinson stereo is very good indeed, better than a mate of mines home stereo he paid over a grand for, he wants to try to get one for his home he likes it that much.

Bullet proof cars, total rubbish, why do we say it, it is completely daft, you fire a gun at a car it will make holes and possibly do some serious damage. Unless it has been made bullet proof at ridiculous cost.

These cars have a good longevity only if they are treated correctly, like most luxury cars, routinely serviced properly, you treat a car badly it will let you down.

Many of the owners here have had their cars some time, and i believe most keep on top of the servicing, cleaning and routine maintenance, thats why they stay in good condition and the owners swear by them.

You find a rogue one that hasn't been as well looked after and you will find these kinds of issues like the one you looked at in this post.

I have to agree about the Levinson system, it will blow you away when you first hear it.

I don't have a Levinson, I don't know what make it is in the Mk 4 but the one in there is equally mind blowing. Mk4

Mike

I came from a BMW audio system and let me tell you the Mark Levinson is just awesome.I love it.Interesting to read everyone's comments, I recently bought a 430 and the car had such provenance with service history it's ridiculous.10 service stamps by Lexus every mot and a wad of bills amassing 10k.So as some have stated if these cars are well looked after they will look after you.As I have stated on another post I have booked mine into the paint shop to make it as good as as I can, the point I'm making as long as the history is good cosmetics can easily be sorted out.The Ls is a beautiful ride..but don't get taken for a ride without the necessary history.

• Like 2

Hello all. I just bought LS400 off "lexuschap" for £1000. Gutted to find this thread here, but the car seems OK for the money.

It's dark green colour with golden badges, private plates, 5 previous owners, mileage showing 135K backed with MOT history and service book.

Only problem i found so far is water leak in the boot (which Adam "forgot" to mention) other than that car came with full MOT.

As for seller, he seemed polite and straightforward. I would of knocked £200 off for "petrol money" if i knew about this thread before :D

PS: I would not recommend anyone buying a blue GS430 sport X861 XCD

I owned this car back in 2008-2009 sold it with 240K on the clock.

Lol You mean 100,000 miles.

It's on for £5500 with air suspension etc.

I owned a 52 gs430 sport with 64k miles. It turned out it had 287000 miles and had been clocked.

It still drove like it had 64000 miles

• 3 weeks later...

I have no intention getting into stupid debate here, but i will bring you my personal experience:

I have dealt with "Lexuschap" on few occasions now, he is worth his weight in gold. I'd buy a car off him anytime. Stop being keyboard warriors and get your heads straight.

Wow that must be the nicest thing I have ever heard/seen someone say (type) about a car 'dealer'.

I hope you 2 will be very happy :)

• 2 months later...

PS: I would not recommend anyone buying a blue GS430 sport X861 XCD

I owned this car back in 2008-2009 sold it with 240K on the clock.

Holy ****** - I bought this car in July and am trying to sell it now. Looks like I've been stitched up a kipper.

Given how many cars I've bought and sold over the years, you would think I would have done something as simple as a damn MOT history check.

Absolutely gutted.

EDIT: Just dropped the price massively to reflect this. My own foolish mistake is gonna cost me... live and learn I guess. :(

Depends who you bought it off ........... . if it was a car dealer / trader then go back to him under the Trade Descriptions Act and get some recompense ...... he will be legally obliged.

Malc

Damn, I messaged this guy on ebay and asked him to keep an eye out for a LS 430 for me...fortunately (or so it seems) he hasn't come accross one yet which leads me on to ask if anyone knows a decent 430 up for sale X/Y reg, have cash waiting...

For warned is forearmed. Mike

• 3 months later...

Asked Lexuschap or Adam about a LS430 on eBay. He told me to be very quick as he maybe dropping it off next day. I told him it was to soon for me. He then replyed back with sarcasim then told me to f... off!!!

I can take bad service but that takes the buscuit. Nasty person.

I met this guy a few months ago when he had an LS430 for sale which he described as being in immaculate condition. The car was a 2004 '04' in Silver with Black Leather and 170k miles and he had the car up for just over £3k.

He gave me what I assumed was his home address in Dudley where the car was parked up. At the time, he also had a 2001 LS430 on his driveway which was his daily car at the time.

The Silver LS430 which I came to see wasn't in the best of condition with a lot of wear & tear inside on the leather and there were some rust spots on the car including the middle of the front passenger door.

Whilst it was a wasted trip for me, I found him to be a pleasant enough chap and he seems to also sell used Lexus parts on eBay as well as older vehicles

Like any seller, if you do look to buy a car from him just do what you would anyway and do the data checks before parting with any money

• 3 weeks later...

I recently went to look at this one on eBay after winning the auction for it: eBay item 171629284469. The owner is based in Norwich and I drove with my brother the 240 miles (4 hours) to get to the car with the view of me driving it back and my brother driving the car back we drove in. He had insisted for some time that I fly to Norwich to collect the car - good job I didn't as I would have had to fly back.

We arrived and were invited to view the car with the owner showing us around it. He was trying to concentrate on the electric bits that worked rather that the car itself. Anyway, we opened the door and the first thing to hit me was the poor state of the inside. The driver's seat bolster was worn away with leather hanging off. There was a tear in the seat which had an attempted fix using glue. The outer layer of paintwork around the SatNav was completely worn off. The arm-rest looked as though an elephant had been leaning on it for 500,000 miles - not the 208k miles showing on the dash. While talking quite loudly he started the engine - however, this did not hide the low end rattle coming from the engine. I tried to raise the suspension to the high setting, a pump could be heard but did not stop and the rear of the car stayed where it was. Moving to the rear seats, these were not secured as the mounting clips were all broken and the seats just slipped out of position. The driver's door outer skin was not fully secured to the door at the bottom and there was no rubber seal - looked as though the door skin had probably been replaced at some time. At this point we got back in our car and drove away.I ended up buying a really niece one from a dealer in Reading.

As such, be warned if bidding for this car. The pictures he has taken very cleverly hide the faults.

Chewy

I recently went to look at this one on eBay after winning the auction for it: eBay item 171629284469. The owner is based in Norwich and I drove with my brother the 240 miles (4 hours) to get to the car with the view of me driving it back and my brother driving the car back we drove in. He had insisted for some time that I fly to Norwich to collect the car - good job I didn't as I would have had to fly back.

We arrived and were invited to view the car with the owner showing us around it. He was trying to concentrate on the electric bits that worked rather that the car itself. Anyway, we opened the door and the first thing to hit me was the poor state of the inside. The driver's seat bolster was worn away with leather hanging off. There was a tear in the seat which had an attempted fix using glue. The outer layer of paintwork around the SatNav was completely worn off. The arm-rest looked as though an elephant had been leaning on it for 500,000 miles - not the 208k miles showing on the dash. While talking quite loudly he started the engine - however, this did not hide the low end rattle coming from the engine. I tried to raise the suspension to the high setting, a pump could be heard but did not stop and the rear of the car stayed where it was. Moving to the rear seats, these were not secured as the mounting clips were all broken and the seats just slipped out of position. The driver's door outer skin was not fully secured to the door at the bottom and there was no rubber seal - looked as though the door skin had probably been replaced at some time. At this point we got back in our car and drove away.I ended up buying a really niece one from a dealer in Reading.

As such, be warned if bidding for this car. The pictures he has taken very cleverly hide the faults.

Chewy

Great headsup. Lets hope everyone reads this first before travelling hundreds of miles only to be dissapointed.

Remember even though this is an auction if the description of the item varries wildly or huge chunks of info are missing you dont have to complete the sale, its a shame you cant get recompense for a complete waste of time and money. Mike

There will be the "sod it syndrome"associated with that as the 430's have had a lot of inherrent faults and a lack of confidence will stem from that .

The previous owners tend to stop spending on them and get rid when they have had a number of issues.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links