Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Size Computer Have You Got

jac114

@ the moment, doing a trail run on a 2 U Server, Dual Optron 2.8, 4 GB DDR & Raid 5 B)

BUT

My other system's are P4 2.2, 1GB DDR RD, 180 HDD & a PIII 1.2, 512MB, 60 HDD - both are slow compared with the 2 U.

Will be a shame when the trails up. :crybaby:

Home: 3 Year old Dell Dimension P3/1000 512MB, 40GB, CDRW, DVD - fine for what I do on it.

Work: 2 Year old Dell Latitude C600 P3/850, 512MB, 20GB, CDRW - to be replaced in January with Latitude D600 1GB memory, 60GB disk, DVD+R/CDRW WLAN, Bluetooth, etc :)

I built myself the following over 4 yrs ago

K6III 450 a massive 32meg graphic card, 20 gig hard drive at over 50% used coupled to latest HP all in printer/Fax/copier/scanner/card reader and 512k broadband connection

Naff sound card coupled to 5 speakers + a subwoofer

still going strong all be it a bit slow :lol::lol::lol:

I have a few cuz im a :geek:

P3 compaq notebook p3 850 with 20 gig hd and dvd rom, 256 mb memory

P4 2ghz 512 meg ram 240 gigs hdd with geforce 4 256 meg gfx hooked upto a sony 21" monitor with 5.1 dolby digital sound.

Celeron 1ghz with 256 meg ram with 30 gig hd used just for downloading from newsgroups and bit torrent etc

1 ghz mini itx with 40 gig hd with 256 megs ram hooked upto a 7" touch screen vga screen. in car computer in the LEX

compaq ipaq 3970 pocket pc 400 mhz cpu with 576 megs of ram

And an apple G4 dual 450 mhz cpus with 30 gig hard drive and 768 megs of ram. used for camcorder editing etc.

I could take over the world. but not today cuz simpsons is on TV :whistling:

I hope all you guys boasting about the power of your machines are contributing all the wasted processing cycles to our cancer research project.

Link to project details

click here to download the software

then click here to join the Lexus Owners Club team.

this is an exceptionally worthy cause - so far we have contributed over 15 man years of effort into cancer research.

current machine 800mhz slot A athlon OC to 1600mhz (watercooled as it gets a bit warm) 768mb ram, 3 cd drives and 2 hd's,128mb graphics card, 5.1 surround sound.

soon to be athlon t/bred 2600+ ( to be OC to somewhere near 3ghz, i hope!), 512mb ram, still 3 cd drives and 2 hds (looking at a new 120gb SATA drive) and maybe a few more things - NO not UV lights!

I hope all you guys boasting about the power of your machines are contributing all the wasted processing cycles to our cancer research project.

Link to project details

click here to download the software

then click here to join the Lexus Owners Club team.

this is an exceptionally worthy cause - so far we have contributed over 15 man years of effort into cancer research.

Matt,

Have aready got several systems working on this mate, doing my bit :lol::lol:

1 ghz mini itx with 40 gig hd with 256 megs ram hooked upto a 7" touch screen vga screen. in car computer in the LEX

could you pm me with details on which mobo you got and verious items inside.. also what power connection do you use??

cheers

A P4 1.6G, ATI-9600XT, 512M RAM.

OK so far but looking at a 3+G P4 800M FSB, RAID 0 system in the next few months.

I usually sell on my old system and put the money towards a new one.

Thought bout building myself, but usually find that Co's can beat what id pay on parts.

Matt,

Have aready got several systems working on this mate, doing my bit  :lol:  :lol:

blimey Paul - I know you have mate.

racked up nearly 5 of those years yourself pal!

B)

how many machine you running now?

I build & Config 1 U & 2 U Rack Storage for Company's in the Film Rendering Ind. - currently have 14 running over the W/K's, 3 @ Home with 2 Main Systems on 24/7 @ Work :P :lol::lol: Put all that Cycle Power to some good use. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links