Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Renewal

Hi all,

Was wondering what price is good for 10-12k a year? Mine is due in October, renewal has come through at £268 with £600 excess, I don't do 10k, more like 5-7k a year, other than the norm, can anyone recommend a company for comparison,

Cheers,

Paul

You could try Lexus Insurance who seem to provide a good level of cover.

They were not the cheapest insurer, although not massively different from other quotes I got at the time and they also

didn't require a tracker to be fitted. Every other insurer I tried did, which adds a significant chunk of money to the yearly cost of the insurance.

Not being a fan of trackers anyway it was a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

More Than have been good for me for 4 years. No Tracker needed and 9k miles a year. I'm just over £300 including legal cover. A key attraction is that their call centre is staffed by intelligent and intelligible people, who seem to know their stuff and ask good questions. That gives me confidence that if I ever need to make a claim then I would get sense from them.

I recall a few years back trying to explain what a Prodrive Performance Pack on an Impreza WRX was to a numpty at Aviva's call centre, which I believe was located somewhere that many would classify as the Developing World. I think he didn't own a car, and certainly showed he didn't have a clue by telling me the PPP counted as 4 modifications.

• Like 1

Hi Paul, this sounds like a great deal to me...wish I as paying that little! I guess leaving in London, using mine as a daily business drive and having fewer years no-claims adds a few quid to the price. Of course, if you can get it cheaper then go for it! Good luck fella.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Time to bump an old thread. My insurance renewal just came through the post. 

29 years old, 7 years ncb and 12k miles a year. Sky insurance have quoted a whopping £1060 for a year of fully comp cover with commuting and protected ncb. 

I guess I best start shopping around. Which insurance companies are you folks with?

Admiral £650 3 years no claims, plus a load on company car. Wider wheels mod disclosed, couldn't find any better. Did seem to jump up a fair amount this time bit there is a reported increase in insurance generally.

On 03/09/2016 at 11:40 AM, GibletPH said:

Time to bump an old thread. My insurance renewal just came through the post. 

29 years old, 7 years ncb and 12k miles a year. Sky insurance have quoted a whopping £1060 for a year of fully comp cover with commuting and protected ncb. 

I guess I best start shopping around. Which insurance companies are you folks with?

Hi,

By all means get in touch with us for a quotation, I'd be more than happy to arrange a call back for you if you PM me your telephone number and email address along with some brief details of the vehicle.

Kind regards,

Dan.

Giblet, where in the UK do you live?

I'm in Hampshire (seemingly in an area where cars stay where you left them!), 32, 12yrs NCD, 8000miles with SDP&C and pay about £350.. That's with Admiral. 

I found Lexus insurance to be a joke. I was quoted £1200 for my last Lexus, a GS450h with the excuse that "it's a powerful car". I'd previously been paying £600 on a modified 911 Turbo with the same excess/mileage. 

£385 with Lexus Insurance, 55 years old living in Wiltshire, includes business mileage and no tracker required.

Never had a problem with Lexus Insurance, found them very helpful.

On 5 September 2016 at 11:14 AM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

By all means get in touch with us for a quotation, I'd be more than happy to arrange a call back for you if you PM me your telephone number and email address along with some brief details of the vehicle.

Kind regards,

Dan.

Cheers. I'll be in touch. 

23 hours ago, mrfunex said:

Giblet, where in the UK do you live?

I'm in Hampshire (seemingly in an area where cars stay where you left them!), 32, 12yrs NCD, 8000miles with SDP&C and pay about £350.. That's with Admiral. 

I found Lexus insurance to be a joke. I was quoted £1200 for my last Lexus, a GS450h with the excuse that "it's a powerful car". I'd previously been paying £600 on a modified 911 Turbo with the same excess/mileage. 

I live in Leeds but sadly the first part of my postcode covers a large area including the majority of the student population. 

That years come round fast, not had mine through yet BUT I insure two cars on same date get a discount for each as I insure two, I'm confused as u are reading this, but last year was £268 with 10-12k on F and £198 for D5 V70 with same 10-12k......£466 for both.....post must be due to land soon 🙄

be careful of "cheap" insurance. I'd be checking the wording of cover called "essential" carefully.  as with most things in life you pay for what you get. These are not cheap cars, don't insure them as cheap cars. sure, a competitive premium but beware of cheap!

44yr old, this was my third car so slowly building ncb which is now 3 years, 10kpa with business living in a Dartford postocde, £400 or so

On 05/09/2016 at 11:14 AM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

Kind regards,

Dan.

Filled in the form online and got an email back to call the office. Rang up to go through everything and was quoted over 2k. Bah 

On 09/09/2016 at 4:28 PM, GibletPH said:

Filled in the form online and got an email back to call the office. Rang up to go through everything and was quoted over 2k. Bah 

Sorry to hear this! Unfortunately we can't compete on every occasion however that does sound excessive! If you could PM me your details I'd be interested to look into this to ensure the quotation is correct.

Kind regards

Dan.

1 hour ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Sorry to hear this! Unfortunately we can't compete on every occasion however that does sound excessive! If you could PM me your details I'd be interested to look into this to ensure the quotation is correct.

Kind regards

Dan.

I would like to know why Adrian Flux is so way above other quotes, it just doesn't make sense. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links