Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

lexus warranty

i always thought that the lexus warranty covered you for 3 years / 60,000 miles

http://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty-and-insurance/#ManufacturersWarranty

i have just been to a lexus scotland and it quoted 5 years warranty / 100,000 miles

http://www.easternwestern.co.uk/lexus/nearly-new-cars/Lexus/IS300_HYBRID_SPORT_/575/

if i haven't overlooked some info why would scotland have a longer warranty ??

44 minutes ago, stevet said:

Just the hybrid components have the 5 year warranty.

from the scottish listing it says

5 year mechanical warranty

5 years or 100,000* miles from new, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year.

This warranty also covers any mechanical fault caused by a manufacturing defect.

41 minutes ago, 200h said:

from the scottish listing it says

5 year mechanical warranty

5 years or 100,000* miles from new, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year.

This warranty also covers any mechanical fault caused by a manufacturing defect.

Its a mistake - they've copy and pasted Toyota warranty!

37 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Print it off and keep a copy, could be interesting when the car is 4 years old and you need to make a claim.

Its still a mistake. It mentions Hilux in there lol

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before, but how on earth can it be logical for the bread and butter brand to have a longer warranty than the supposedly premium brand, bearing in mind the considerably higher prices.

i have also said if the likes of lexus,mercedes,bmw & audi are so much better than rival companies

why cant they give a 7 year warranty to backup the quality of their brand.

It's because the people who buy the premium brands want piece of mind. After three years with no warranty and having to have an MOT, many of the drivers can easily be tempted to buy another new car. In effect they sell more of the more expensive cars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 200h said:

i have also said if the likes of lexus,mercedes,bmw & audi are so much better than rival companies

why cant they give a 7 year warranty to backup the quality of their brand.

Simply because they don't really need to. People are going to keep buying them regardless of whether they have a 3 yr warranty or a 5 year warranty. With the likes of Kia and Toyota, they have to offer more to entice people into the brand as arguably, those segments are more competitive.

6 hours ago, rayaans said:

Simply because they don't really need to. People are going to keep buying them regardless of whether they have a 3 yr warranty or a 5 year warranty. With the likes of Kia and Toyota, they have to offer more to entice people into the brand as arguably, those segments are more competitive.

In other words people are been ripped off by 'Premium' brands ;) 

5 hours ago, ganzoom said:

In other words people are been ripped off by 'Premium' brands ;) 

In a nutshell!!

Mind you, we do make it easy for them in this country, with our "badge" obsession.

21 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

It's because the people who buy the premium brands want piece of mind. After three years with no warranty and having to have an MOT, many of the drivers can easily be tempted to buy another new car. In effect they sell more of the more expensive cars.

Peace of mind. Piece of mind is quite different  LOL.

Regards

John

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyv said:

To be fair, all this premium, prestige, etc, etc nonsense is built on sand anyway, as the majority of these motors are on lease.

That's true. Wouldn't be surprised myself if less than half of the 3rd gen IS were actually bought outright so probably doesn't matter how much warranty you get outside of 3 years. 

It's a vicious cycle, once you get stuck in you end up changing cars every 3 years and don't realise how much money is actually getting lost in interest

It's the same as buying cars and leasing them really isn't it? You pay more leasing for what? A better car? Yh right lol

• Like 1

As for the Kia 7yr, it not the same as it is at year dot. ie the warranty items reduce in number over the years of it.

for example:

"The adjustment of doors, bonnets and tailgates is covered up to the first scheduled maintenance service."

Where as for the premium brands this would not be an issue.

David

Toyotas move to 5 years was as a result of the recalls / US deaths- it was an attempt to re-build confidence in the brand, and I would imagine a large number of Toyota buyers are private so more sensitive to warranty length.

In the case of Premium brands I think many are company / lease sales so the warranty length is pretty irrelevant, in fact if you look at some of the leasing rates being offered on some cars then it make more sense to lease as the depreciation is greater than the lease costs, for example, you can lease an Audi A4 1.4T Sport for around 6.5K over 2 years.  That model lists at 27K but could probably be had for more like 24K.  I'm pretty sure you would lose more than 6.5K over 2 years plus you would have your capital tied up in the car

12 hours ago, Mikeyb999 said:

Toyotas move to 5 years was as a result of the recalls / US deaths- it was an attempt to re-build confidence in the brand, and I would imagine a large number of Toyota buyers are private so more sensitive to warranty length.

In the case of Premium brands I think many are company / lease sales so the warranty length is pretty irrelevant, in fact if you look at some of the leasing rates being offered on some cars then it make more sense to lease as the depreciation is greater than the lease costs, for example, you can lease an Audi A4 1.4T Sport for around 6.5K over 2 years.  That model lists at 27K but could probably be had for more like 24K.  I'm pretty sure you would lose more than 6.5K over 2 years plus you would have your capital tied up in the car

Leasing is never greater than the depreciation costs - thats just not how it works lol - in that case the leasing companies would be losing more money than they were making!

You can actually get that car for £22399 btw.

• Like 1

^^ I suspect that's why manfacutres rather offer 'discounts' than lower the official list price. It makes selling the car easier because the buyer feels like they are getting a bargain and the allows for cheap PCP/Lease deals.

Our IS300H had an official list price of over £41k we paid barely more than £35k.

The only car company I know that never offers any discounts off the list price is Tesla and maybe Porsche?? Which is why lease prices on both are high compared to the likes of BMW/Audi where the list price has no real life meaning to anyone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links