Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rx300 wiper blades

Good morning,

Please forgive me with this question as i guess it has been covered before, i have a rx300 on a 2004 plate and its time to change all wiper blades, can anyone tell me if im best keeping with what i have at present, they are aero blades to the front. Ive searched online with this question but it just states about different makes and possible refills.

I would like to hear anyones thoughts on this, what i dont want is to get a new set and they start juddering or skipping when im motorway driving,  since ive owned the car this is the first time ive had to replace them so thats why im being cautious.

Thanks carl.

Not sure this is exactly an answer to your question but maybe you're overthinking it a bit?

I don't know whereabouts in Lacashire you are but I'm in Preston and we have a motor factors place called Dodgson's on Fylde Rd. I went in there and just asked for a full set of wiper blades for an RX300 and came out with all three for £16. They don't judder or skip and they work very well - not sure how long they'll last but at £16 a set I'm not exactly breaking the bank, even if they only last a year.

In my experience (ok, only had the car since mid-May, so not a lot really) the thing that causes more judder and skipping is the sensitivity of the rain sensor. I don't know where it's located or how it works but the windscreen can be 99% dry and one tiny drop sets off the wipers, which then swipe over a dry screen and cause havoc :sad:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carld said:

Good morning,

Please forgive me with this question as i guess it has been covered before, i have a rx300 on a 2004 plate and its time to change all wiper blades, can anyone tell me if im best keeping with what i have at present, they are aero blades to the front. Ive searched online with this question but it just states about different makes and possible refills.

I would like to hear anyones thoughts on this, what i dont want is to get a new set and they start juddering or skipping when im motorway driving,  since ive owned the car this is the first time ive had to replace them so thats why im being cautious.

Thanks carl.

Aero blades are fine for the RX, I had them too and they were great.

The refills are only for the OEM blades.

Ive had good experience with Bosch Aerotwin and wiper blades own brand (these are on my son's VW Polo and offer a fantastic wipe). TBH they are impossible to beat in terms of value for money.

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/lexus-rs-300-400-years-2003-to-2007/wbtr-26-retrofit-aero-and-wbtr-22-retrofit-aero-twin-pack-wiper-blades/

• Like 1

well heres my 2p worth - I have an LS430

I bought the all singing dancing Michelin Stealth - not cheap - they started juddering badly after 6 months  - I tried cleaning them and the screen and the juddering did not improve.

I then decided to try the other end of the price spectrum and bought a pair of aero blades from eBay (i think it was mr silicone hoses or something) they had sold hundreds so i thought lets try them out - cost £4.50 - had them over 6 months and they are still brilliant - smooth, quite and a crisp clean wipe every time and at that price I would be happy to buy a new set every year if needed.

HTH

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisermark said:

well heres my 2p worth - I have an LS430

I bought the all singing dancing Michelin Stealth - not cheap - they started juddering badly after 6 months  - I tried cleaning them and the screen and the juddering did not improve.

I then decided to try the other end of the price spectrum and bought a pair of aero blades from ebay (i think it was mr silicone hoses or something) they had sold hundreds so i thought lets try them out - cost £4.50 - had them over 6 months and they are still brilliant - smooth, quite and a crisp clean wipe every time and at that price I would be happy to buy a new set every year if needed.

HTH

I'm with you on this. I bought some Denso blades, again, not cheap. After just a few weeks they were juddering and squealing.  Next I bought some fairly cheap ones (can't remember which) and they were fine.  I have also found Bosch to be good.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links