Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Next step underway!

Hi Guys,

So after some soul searching and failing to find any serious buyers for my car, I have decided to hold on to it for now.

I've actually just placed an order for some PPE headers which I will be collecting from RR-Racing in late October. Also planning to have a good look around their premises, and even beg for a ride in their supercharged demo shop car. :cool:

After that I will be looking to add the performance intake and tune (will be taking my ECU with me as well so Rafi and Simon can at least bench read it to make sure they can email me a suitable map to load via their OBD II hand controller).

I am also pleased to tell you guys the article for Banzai is going to be appearing very soon. They reckon it will probably be featured in the October issue which will be out for purchase in mid-September. :yahoo:

I've been fortunate enough to see a mock up of the article already, and I liked what I saw. Should hopefully shine some much needed light on these very underrated cars. :smile:

Just thought I would share with you guys what was going on with me/the car.

I will also be in LA at the beginning of October on business, so hoping to bring back my PPE mid-pipes with hi-flow race cat's and my one piece carbon trunk panel (the entire piece that runs below the rear lights, around the number plate etc.

I'll be looking to take the car to Japshow Finale at Santa Pod in early October as well. Do drop by the kleers stand if you attend the show to say hi. Be nice to meet a few new faces (and any old ones obviously!).

Cheers for now.

Peter

• Like 4

Sorry to hear you didn't manage to swap for the Supra, but good luck with the PPE route. Does their supercharger kit fit under bonnet, cos there doesn't seem a lot of space to put one?

I've seen a vid of a conversion which seemed to put twin superchargers into the tail pipes near the back?

Cheers

Jon

Hey Jon,

Based on these shots from their Instagram account, there is enough room to fit the kit under the bonnet. Note the air filter and piping have dropped down behind the bumper. Looks like you lose a foglight to feed air in...

D89723D0-15E7-4F79-BD86-A22908485BC2_zps

BB23AFE3-CE1A-4DF6-965B-1D4DA63D7A5C_zps

Latest update suggests a kit will be released mid-September, but they are also working with PPE on new 3' headers and exhaust system! :yes:

Should be an interesting few months! 

Cheers Dave. :biggrin:

I'll be content with the performance package for a little while I reckon.

Looks like the supercharger, bigger headers, bigger exhaust will probably cost around £8-10k. That's just for the parts! Lol.

Fitting will probably run close to another £1k......

Expensive stuff, but should see power levels exceeding 600whp. :cool:

HI Peter, glad you are hanging onto the F, for a while at least, and look forward to checking out the article in Banzai.

Managed to be on holiday for both the Bluewater meets since I joined the club, so hopefully will still now get the opportunity to see the car in the flesh at some point.

I'm sure you'll also be pleased to hear that I'm now seriously considering getting the RR-Racing USRS given all the very positive feedback - my 1st mod!! :wink3:

I look forward to hearing about your visit to RR-Racing and on your progress with the headers etc.

• Like 1

Changing the air filter looks like it's going to be interesting and I hate to think what would happen if the front got a nudge. However, it looks like a very well thought out installation. Do you know if they needed to mod the bonnet?

14 hours ago, DAW said:

HI Peter, glad you are hanging onto the F, for a while at least, and look forward to checking out the article in Banzai.

Managed to be on holiday for both the Bluewater meets since I joined the club, so hopefully will still now get the opportunity to see the car in the flesh at some point.

I'm sure you'll also be pleased to hear that I'm now seriously considering getting the RR-Racing USRS given all the very positive feedback - my 1st mod!! :wink3:

I look forward to hearing about your visit to RR-Racing and on your progress with the headers etc.

Good stuff David. :cool:

USRS are a game changer for sure. You really won't be disappointed with them. Hopefully see you at the next Bluewater meet that Stu organises for us.

11 hours ago, CharlieC said:

Looking forward to the installation of those headers mate, next on my list!

Cheers Rob. Looks like my set may not be on the car for long. RR-Racing have been working with PPE on developing a 3' set of headers and a full 3' exhaust setup to work with their supercharger kit. Could mean I need to sell off my setup to help fund that when I make the move to the supercharger.

Can't see that being for a year or two mind. :smile:

51 minutes ago, JonP said:

Changing the air filter looks like it's going to be interesting and I hate to think what would happen if the front got a nudge. However, it looks like a very well thought out installation. Do you know if they needed to mod the bonnet?

Hey Jon. Not sure about the bonnet aspect, but I don't think they had to make any modifications to it. Will no doubt discover a lot more when I visit them in late October.

There was talk that the final version would be slightly different to what you see on their demo car. I know there was talk about replacing most if not all of the silicone pipework with carbon pipes, but not sure if Rafi and Simon are going to do it that way anymore.....

The front bumper is actually pretty simple to remove once you've done it a few times. Reckon I could have mine off in around 10-15mins at most. :cool:

Thanks Dave. :cool:

I've removed most of the text now, don't want to get in trouble for breach of copyright etc! :whistling:

Hopefully people will go out and buy the magazine to read it. Well worth the cost in my opinion. :wink3:

My sincere thanks to the author Sam Preston at Banzai, and the photographer Matt Woods. 

Nice to have some public recognition of these truly amazing and often underrated cars. 

Cheers guys for all the kind words. :cool:

I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Managed to find it in W H Smith at Liverpool Street station yesterday. :yahoo:

Bought 4 of the 6 copies they had! :wink3:

Think the salesman thought I was a bit odd buying 4 of the same magazine, but I'm not fussed! Lol.

Normally in a lot of Shell petrol stations as well.

Hope you like the article. 

On 16 September 2016 at 7:07 PM, Mark G said:

Car looks great Peter, and well done on the article, I bet you feel very proud, and so you should, as you say great cars............

Thanks, do feel proud. :cool:

On 17 September 2016 at 7:39 PM, CharlieC said:

Nice job Peter.....just watch used prices rise now!

Hope so. Daft when you think how much more car you get for the money. They deserve to go up in price! :biggrin:

23 hours ago, Warrington guy said:

Amazing write up and we'll desverved. Car looks awesome 

• Thanks very much. Good to shine the spotlight on these amazing cars. Hopefully people will at least consider these as the great used bargains they truly are. :thumbsup:

Any ideas what shops this mag is sold in? I've tried my local WH Smith, a few petrol stations and a large Tesco nearby - no luck! 

I'm on the South Coast if anybody has any ideas... I'd love to have a read. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links