Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

4 minutes ago, LenT said:

Well it may be pre-MOT but I think I recall cars having two reversing lamps, but of course in those days they didn’t form part of the light cluster.  Generally they were separate lamps slightly inboard on the boot lid.

Mind you, even then I didn’t spend much time going backwards!

Nowadays I suspect it’s done for stylistic and manufacturing economy reasons.  The matching offside bulb being red and the fog lamp.  Mind you, I can get a red LED replacement for that.  Now if that helps to prevent someone barrelling into the rear one foggy day, that’ll be money well spent!

I do have two reversing lamps and I think Malc has been sniffing Malbec again Len.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Washed the car today, even though rain is promised. 

Also attached rear mudflaps I received from China couple of weeks back. Still need to do front ones.

Here are some photos.

20220211-162725.jpg

20220211-163221.jpg

20220211-163226.jpg

20220211-164912.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SpicyBlimp said:

Installed a Bluemusic Bluetooth adapter and 6+6 Y cable to my newly acquired LS430

Easy installation, quality sound and pretty cheap too, was about €40 from Germany for both. Delivered within a week too!

hi

does the car Bluetooth still function for incoming calls whilst playing music?

On 2/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, cruisermark said:

hi

does the car bluetooth still function for incoming calls whilst playing music?

It still connects to the handsfree Bluetooth separately, the other Bluetooth for audio shows up as a second CD changer so all works together nicely.

• Like 2

Today I installed a 2018 sat nav DVD as the car still had the original '06 disc in there!

Unlikely that I'll use it often but nice to have as a backup, £30 for the disc and seems to work well on the short journey today.

Hoping my Brodit phone mount will arrive shortly so I can see which track is playing on Bluetooth.

• Like 2

Today I finished swapping LED lights on the doors, they do look brighter then OEM bulbs, the night will tell! 🙂

20220219-121027.jpg

Also, I attached today front mud flaps (the rear ones I did couple of weeks ago). Front ones were easier to attach as no holes needed to be drilled, I just added couple of u-shape brackets and here we go.

20220219-121042.jpg

20220219-121109.jpg

20220219-121117.jpg

I hope these will work keeping my car a little cleaner!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Not worried about microscratches from the brushes, John🤔?

Thats the first thought that crossed my mind - paintwork damage! 🙂 Especially on Gran Canaria where exterior all covered in sand! 

46 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Thats the first thought that crossed my mind - paintwork damage! 🙂 Especially on Gran Canaria where exterior all covered in sand! 

So far it looks good. Only thing is the wheels are not cleaned well, but being lazy we live with that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PCM said:

Ordered some... Air Con cleaner.

An annual event.

Is that not part of service from Lexus? We have air-con on constantly and never had bad smell, like we have had in other cars, so thought it was cleaned automatically. Not like fan and filter to hybrid Battery cooling. Have to do that myself. Will complain next service.

23 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

So far it looks good. Only thing is the wheels are not cleaned well, but being lazy we live with that.

Fair enough.  

As a non-user of car-washes, the spinning wheel brushes have always struck me as being particularly worthy of avoidance because of the stiffer bristles.  I also recall once seeing a nosy and obviously unintelligent cat narrowly escape death upon inspecting one, and its yelp still haunts me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

The wheels are most important! When I am lazy I wash only the wheels and windows and the car looks much cleaner straight away! 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rabbers said:

Fair enough.  

As a non-user of car-washes, the spinning wheel brushes have always struck me as being particularly worthy of avoidance because of the stiffer bristles.  I also recall once seeing a nosy and obviously unintelligent cat narrowly escape death upon inspecting one, and its yelp still haunts me.

Thought the cat was under the car? 😉

11 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Now there’s a thing, a cat that runs away and hides when being approached by men with a jack, cutting tool and a baseball bat instead of stolen 😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

No, this one tended to skulk around the sides of things, which is why it managed to live a long life. Actually, now I come to think about it, if I owned a car-wash in my neighbourhood, I would welcome an increase in the cat population since the paw-prints they leave on bonnets, especially in cold weather, would certainly further boost my business.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

billede.thumb.png.61b652668ae52d990fa443a6b325b483.png

Weekly wash.

Never seen one of these in GC but there again perhaps not good business in the tourist areas. I’ve seen the taxi drivers giving their cars a wipe over between fares.

Coming back over in a couple of weeks, managed to grab a beachfront apartment for 3 weeks.

Out of curiosity what’s the fuel prices like over there now John, Christmas was around €1.18 so £1.00 a litre.

Just thought I wonder if the £ has crashed again!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Never seen one of these in GC but there again perhaps not good business in the tourist areas. I’ve seen the taxi drivers giving their cars a wipe over between fares.

Coming back over in a couple of weeks, managed to grab a beachfront apartment for 3 weeks.

Out of curiosity what’s the fuel prices like over there now John, Christmas was around €1.18 so £1.00 a litre.

Just thought I wonder if the £ has crashed again!

More than 10 washing halls here in LP. Even one drive through that is open when somebody in the shop want to work a bit, not often.

They are still hungry for tourists, just not loud about it.

Shell super 1.34€. And probably going up now with all the problems.

12 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

More than 10 washing halls here in LP. Even one drive through that is open when somebody in the shop want to work a bit, not often.

They are still hungry for tourists, just not loud about it.

Shell super 1.34€. And probably going up now with all the problems.

I filled up here, in Holland, earlier in the week..........E5 was 2.05 euros/ltr!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links