Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

11 minutes ago, -Error- said:

I've been in talks with Lexus Cardiff about potentially sourcing a GSF for a P/X. They have said that the market for RCF/GSF/LCs is so tight right now the cars are flying off their lots within days. Cars often don't get listed because they have a waiting line of customers who will take one any day.

The latest RCF they sold was sold within a day, 4 weeks before the previous owner was ready to part with it.

LCs right now are selling for silly prices too but from what I was told the shop manager was bidding at above suggested price just to get one into their showroom. So it's not even like the garages are making any money on these cars.

I had the same conversation with Lexus Bristol 2 years ago when we were looking for a GSF. Unfortunately they were not able to source one for me. In the end I purchased ours from Lexus Newcastle (at a more reasonable price than they are going for now) without physically seeing the car, on the day it arrived, whilst someone was apparently test driving it 🙄. I was in contact with them for 2 weeks before the car arrived to make sure I was  it the running for it. 
Good luck with the search. I hope the right car turns up. 

13 hours ago, Initial P said:

I see Lexus Stoke has a Solar Flare GSF 23k miles for just under £40K.

No pics up yet I wonder how long it will last?

Me likey the Solar Flare on the GSF! Looking forward to pics.

19 hours ago, Initial P said:

It's not Lexus Stoke but an Independent. The price is daft for a non main dealer vehicle but reflects the current market stupidity / shortage of pre owned vehicles. 

Good for those offloading but not those buying. 

9 minutes ago, doog442 said:

It's not Lexus Stoke but an Independent. The price is daft for a non main dealer vehicle but reflects the current market stupidity / shortage of pre owned vehicles. 

Good for those offloading but not those buying. 

Certainly is. Having said that, once this has blown over the depreciation will be much greater in my opinion for whoever is buying a used vehicle right now

On 7/13/2021 at 1:04 AM, Initial P said:

iirc there is only two solar flare GSFs registered in the UK...

Want....

Must admit with the prices that are being achieved at the moment, I'm thinking about selling my car as its not being used, wait for the market to normalise, then replace it. Question is what with?

Just now, BillNick said:

Deffo looks more sporty, but I still prefer the blue.

Interesting I can now see that the OEM orange calipers are NOT solar flare....

I think you meant to say black, easy mistake to make 😂

• Haha 2

Looks like a real head turner 😎 but I can the colour might be too much for some.

Good to see its go the Lexus plastic sheet for changing a wheel 😆

I think I preferred the old display when you select the drive modes where it showed you what areas of the car were changing but I guess the screen is nice & hgh rez.

Just now, Chris111 said:

Why does the Autotrader full history check state there is a recorded colour change? Has it always been this colour?

Would be quite unlikely as boot and under bonnet are both painted too.  Major job to do a colour change to that extent. 

2 minutes ago, speedfreek said:

Would be quite unlikely as boot and under bonnet are both painted too.  Major job to do a colour change to that extent. 

I agree. Just curious why the Autotrader full history check states this.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:17 PM, Killysprint said:

Must admit with the prices that are being achieved at the moment, I'm thinking about selling my car as its not being used, wait for the market to normalise, then replace it. Question is what with?

I was thinking the same. My first thought was an IS250 to knock around in for £2-3 k . Auto obviously for VED reasons. There are loads out there for under £5k.  They wear the mileage well so I guess with a decent MOT history and the usual forum checks its a cheap way to perhaps gain from the current situation. The problem is how long will this go on for ? 

14 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Auto obviously for VED reasons.

I didn't know there were differences in VED (Vehicle Excise Duty)between automatics and manual cars?

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

I didn't know there were differences in VED (Vehicle Excise Duty)between automatics and manual cars?

A manual IS250 is £585, auto £340.  It might explain the manual cars at rock bottom prices, that's hard to stomach on a cheap car.  The manual gearbox appears to have been discontinued in the UK in 2008/9 for the mark 2.

33 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Just not for 40 grand! But yes, *lexus enthusiast noises* 😍

Yeah personally would struggle to pay 32 for one, as that's what mine cost. Plus it's not a lexus dealer so crap interest on finance. 

All it will take is lexus to drop one last saloon V8 and these inflated prices will drop like a tonne.

Shame the is500 didn't launch in the UK. 

14 hours ago, Chris111 said:

Why does the Autotrader full history check state there is a recorded colour change? Has it always been this colour?

Maybe it had wrapped before going back to its original colour 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arnett said:

Yeah personally would struggle to pay 32 for one, as that's what mine cost. Plus it's not a lexus dealer so crap interest on finance. 

All it will take is lexus to drop one last saloon V8 and these inflated prices will drop like a tonne.

Shame the is500 didn't launch in the UK. 

Maybe not as the GS F seems to attract a cult following helping keep prices buoyant.....guess the Swindon dealer made a bit on your car if you got close to your purchase (selling) price 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links