Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where the competitors heading

Fatts

I think cars are now showing too much information. I prefer to concentrate on what’s going on outside the car whilst driving. Thanks to my hud I rarely look at the dashboard these days. My hud is set to speed only which is all I need to know whilst driving. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fatts said:

May appear overkill but perhaps boffins at Lexus HQ need to see this

Looks amazing - but how reliable is all this tech? - how well will it age? - and what are the associated repair costs if things go wrong?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

Looks amazing - but how reliable is all this tech? - how well will it age? - and what are the associated repair costs if things go wrong?

Having had 4 M.B. cars in the last 27 years, I can vouch for their unreliability and the unavailable, so called, Dealer Service.

Such technology will appeal to Corporate Buyers who can afford it ,but by the time the vehicle filters down to the Private Individual, all Warranty will have disappeared and even 10% of one Bitcoin will not cover the costs of repair. Leave well alone. Wait until Hyundai offers it with a 10 YEAR WARRANTY.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Having had 4 M.B. cars in the last 27 years, I can vouch for their unreliability and the unavailable, so called, Dealer Service.

Such technology will appeal to Corporate Buyers who can afford it ,but by the time the vehicle filters down to the Private Individual, all Warranty will have disappeared and even 10% of one Bitcoin will not cover the costs of repair. Leave well alone. Wait until Hyundai offers it with a 10 YEAR WARRANTY.

Yes, your right Banji, it is overkill…! I think the boffins at Lexus HQ, definitely know how to make very nice, and very reliable cars… The only moaning on the Forum appears to be the lack of apple Carplay on some models… 

I agree with Alan’s comments, and also the Lexus HUD is brilliant… I think John’s post, is one to take notice of… I have had a few M.B’s. I have also had problems with them, and M.B’s dealer service, could be a lot better. I also think M.B’s also depreciate more than you think they should, having an M.B. badge…! 

If you are going to rob your piggy bank, it should be for a Lexus, not a M.B. !

I have robbed my piggy bank, and my LC 500 Convertible is at Edinburgh. Its on their Facebook site… the comments are all really good…!

It’s coming down to Cornwall… and when the restrictions allow, it will spend less time in my garage…

CON_1.jpg

CON_2.jpg

CON_4.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

The only moaning on the Forum appears to be the lack of Apple Carplay on some models… 

Your car looks great.

It is hard for me to understand with the fine audio equipment in the cars from Lexus. apple sound quality is inferior to sound quality in the cars. Line in from good hardware is better than anything apple has ever made. When the iPod came it was good looking and quality as good as on a good cassette. It has not improved since then.

Our next car will not be a MB. Service of MB here is worse than that of Lexus.

• Like 3

Kevin the LC convertible is looking gorgeous (am so jealous) I bet heads will turn around where you live this summer. I wonder why you haven’t gone to pick it up in Edinburgh up till now as I thought the car arrived over a week ago. 

4 minutes ago, Fatts said:

Kevin the LC convertible is looking gorgeous (am so jealous) I bet heads will turn around where you live this summer. I wonder why you haven’t gone to pick it up in Edinburgh up till now as I thought the car arrived over a week ago. 

Hello Banji, Yes, the Convertible does look gorgeous. I think the colour scheme looks very nice... It will be a great car to have. All my petrolhead friends are waiting for it to arrive... Unfortunately I am not driving at the moment. I am experiencing some side effects from the vaccine. Because of injuries from my helicopter accident, I normally get any side effects that you might experience from pills etc. I am definitely not complaining, because having the vaccine was so very important...

Lexus Edinburgh are keeping it in their showroom, and it will be coming to Cornwall on the 27th March... I think by then I will be driving again... So I have to be patient, sob, sob! I have bought several cars from the Eastern Western Motor Group, but this is my 1st Lexus from them. So I know they will look after it for me...!

8 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I think cars are now showing too much information. I prefer to concentrate on what’s going on outside the car whilst driving. 

I guess the idea is that in future the cars will be autonomous, so you don't need to look at the road when driving at all. Some concepts doing even have front windows, steering wheels or front facing seats. Similar thing you need to learn to do in the Tesla today... that is if you paid £10k for being allowed to test their Beta software - using Tesla screen is pain when driving, but that is because they expect you to switch to autonomous driving to change settings. I guess it works but we will need to get used to it... but if you not slaving in Elon's industry as a free tester who pays for early access then you stuffed. 

Is it just me who doesn't find the prospect of all this interior tinsel even remotely appealing?* 

And as for self-driving cars, just no. Driving is one of the few pleasures I have left!

*[I have accepted the marketing departments don't very much care what old petrolheads like me want. I think they'd describe me as a 'dinosaur']

• Like 3

13 hours ago, cruisermark said:

You have a rare car Alan - My next Lexus must have a HUD 

Lexus are a bit behind in tech - but ahead in quality and reliability

I’ve a Gs premier. I personally put quality and reliability ahead of tech 

• Like 6

On 3/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, Las Palmas said:

Your car looks great.

It is hard for me to understand with the fine audio equipment in the cars from Lexus. Apple sound quality is inferior to sound quality in the cars. Line in from good hardware is better than anything Apple has ever made. When the iPod came it was good looking and quality as good as on a good cassette. It has not improved since then.

Thanks for your post John. 

The video below filmed in Canada, won’t apply to you, where you are…!

I am hoping to drive mine with the roof down…!

-6 C… 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKoUF1MAis

I haven’t got haemorrhoids, but this one is good…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfAW6NqASY&t=16s

I have had several Cars with apple Car Play, that I have never used. The LC 500 Convertible has apple Car Play, which I will never use. 

I agree with you, apple make really good computers, but good music is better left to Mark Levinson…!

I read from one of your posts that you have ML in your Lexus…

Mark Levinson is the best of all the different options other cars can have… 

In the LC 500 list of topics. There is one called apple Car Play… An outspoken Forum member, who doesn’t own a Lexus, or has ever owned a Lexus, has been critical that LC’s and LS’s, can’t have an apple Car Play software update installed in the UK, only in America… And started a petition in January… it only has 27 that have signed up to it…!

I have been watching some reviews of the CT200H, it looks to be another great Lexus…

I think the car, with the best ride, that I have ever owned, was my LS400, 20 years ago...!

Lexus Edinburgh_1.jpg

Lexus Edinburgh.jpg

400 Rear 2.JPG

LS 400.jpeg

On 3/11/2021 at 10:38 AM, cruisermark said:

You have a rare car Alan - My next Lexus must have a HUD 

Lexus are a bit behind in tech - but ahead in quality and reliability

Why MUST Mark ?

My 11 year old GS tells me its speed from its engine note !

Only applicants for the Mercury Project needed HUD.

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Why MUST Mark ?

My 11 year old GS tells me its speed from its engine note !

Only applicants for the Mercury Project needed HUD.

It is a great safety feature, no need to take your eyes off the road. You cannot tell your speed on a hybrid, the engine could be doing 0 rpm, 2000 rpm or 4000 rpm at 70 mph on a current generation Toyota hybrid. 

I imagine it could become a compulsory item at some point in the future.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It is a great safety feature, no need to take your eyes off the road. You cannot tell your speed on a hybrid, the engine could be doing 0 rpm, 2000 rpm or 4000 rpm at 70 mph on a current generation Toyota hybrid. 

I imagine it could become a compulsory item at some point in the future.

Maybe Colin, but to an old hand at the wheel....................................it is not necessary.

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Maybe Colin, but to an old hand at the wheel....................................it is not necessary.

None of it is necessary. You don't need central locking, or a stereo, or a rear demister, or Air Con, or power steering etc. etc. But once you have had these things it is hard to go back and do without.

• Like 2

Old hand at the wheel ? Seen and heard everything too I suspect. I don't think I'm much younger than you John but I bet I've got a helluva lot more driving miles than you. Including motorbikes cars and trucks I'm approaching 2.5 million. I rather miss the HUD I had in my RX450h f-sport. An excellent feature. Oh I stopped using cassette tapes soon after CD's came out except for a few which never came out on CD and one CD which is metal and has studio quality and is better sounding than any CD I've heard.

16156672525267056643806003876521.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Old hand at the wheel ? Seen and heard everything too I suspect. I don't think I'm much younger than you John but I bet I've got a helluva lot more driving miles than you. Including motorbikes cars and trucks I'm approaching 2.5 million. I rather miss the HUD I had in my RX450h f-sport. An excellent feature. Oh I stopped using cassette tapes soon after CD's came out except for a few which never came out on CD and one CD which is metal and has studio quality and is better sounding than any CD I've heard.

u16156672525267056643806003876521.jpg

No idea of the mileage I`ve covered Vlad. DONE 250,000 SINCE I RETIRED IN 2005 AND X in the period from 1965 to 2005 plus 2 Lambettas !

Might make us equal on mileage ? Although I am quite happy to come second to the Cassius clay of the Motoring World..

Bet you can`t beat me on sense of humour though.

I`m beginning to like you, although if you is Mancunian I shouldn`t be within 35 miles of you !

Just respect your elders and we`ll get along just fine my friend. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 4:52 PM, Las Palmas said:

Your car looks great.

It is hard for me to understand with the fine audio equipment in the cars from Lexus. Apple sound quality is inferior to sound quality in the cars. Line in from good hardware is better than anything Apple has ever made. When the iPod came it was good looking and quality as good as on a good cassette. It has not improved since then.

"Line in from good hardware is better than anything apple has ever made". Line in from what? A record player? What portable high end device do you have John (Las Palms)? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links