Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

9 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Have you only just fallen into that fact? 😀

just stating it, you would think that petrol hikes were a thing of amazement but they occur all the times, mostly associated with dips in the stock exchange - what stocks have to do with crude oil is another thing.

9 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Why won’t he be able to buy a nice reliable V6 petrol used car in 2030?

He might not be able to afford to run it but they certainly will be around. 😄

you are missing the point here eh? petrol cars are getting banned -- does it not compute or something? you sure can get a petrol car in 2025 as can I but most likely they will be expensive as sought after models will be in demand but after 2030 none are forecast to be made, Japan is planning to stop making petrol cars in 2035.

Affording to run it might go back to a cheese and wine conversion

Hail Toyoda San 👍

Best thing you've posted toffee pie

Oh availability of a reliable V6 2nd hand or more in 2030? Loads of them. I'll probably still have mine then. By then mine will have done just over 100k miles.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hail Toyoda San 👍

Best thing you've posted toffee pie

Oh availability of a reliable V6 2nd hand or more in 2030? Loads of them. I'll probably still have mine then. By then mine will have done just over 100k miles.

Reiterating what I already said is not making you any more clever, I already said that used ones will be available, you somehow seem oblivious to the draconian future that awaits us, you probably believe everything you read by 'scientists'.

4 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Anyone with a brain can see the mindless drive to a 100% EV society is doomed to failure but politicaints are only interested in $$$$. They dont have the tax payer in mind and never did, remember when they said diesel was good? I ignored them when I could hear and see the stink that disel cars were letting off and bought a Lexus, then a Mercedes V8, then my Subaru... all sweet petrol cars and if you were to compare a modern petrol car to a EV car over say 5 years there would not be much difference between them on a emissions point of view - the tail pipe emissions of the petrol car would be competing with fossil fuel from the EV each times its charged up as well as the fossil fuels involved in all the lithium mining and manufacture of the vehicle itself which is why petrol cars in the UK contribute nil towards total greenhouse gases worldwide.. well its not nil,  its around 0.000002 percent or so

Toyoda San is the president of the Japanese auto manufacturers association and he had this to say 

Electric cars, Mr. Toyoda pointed out, are only as clean as the electricity that powers them and the factories where they are built. Japan, Toyota’s second-biggest market, plans to go carbon neutral by 2050, but as long as it continues to rely on fossil fuels to generate electricity, he said, the vehicles’ environmental benefits will remain a mirage.

Japanese automakers are “hanging on by their fingernails,” he added, and if Japan mandated a shift to all-electric vehicles — which have fewer components and are easier to manufacture — it could cost millions of jobs and destroy a whole ecosystem of auto parts suppliers.

Too bad voters are not among those with brain. 😴

Hope Mr. Toyoda 💖 get hydrogen fuelled cars to succeed.

7 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Regarding EV's. I don't think they'll be forced on anyone. They can't be forced because we are in a democracy. The only way EV's can be forced on us is if we live in a system were we are dictated in All aspects of life. Not even Chinese people are forced to drive an EV. The only vehicle that I can think of are those micro sized cars. Me? I won't be forced to have an EV and I'm not the only one I'm sure. 

As in another thread I think this one has been infiltrate by a troll. 

Democrazy is more correct than what we mindless voters believe we have. Same kind of stupid and lunatics are still ruling.

Not all with different ideas are trolls.

Ultimately, as more people move to EV, for whatever reason, the demand for petrol will reduce and the fragility of the fuel supply we have seen recently will only get worse until there are only a few stations left… as far as I can see, there will be nothing to stop anyone owning an old petrol car, but the availability of fuel might make it impractical.   If you like old school, you could always get a horse, nothing stopping you, but it hard to find a blacksmith.

• Like 1

and EVs will be as much use as a bowl of ice cream in the hot desert when you're trying to refuel most anywhere in Africa           non-cities ......... and most of South America too ..........  as I've said before, traversing the Gobi or climbing the Andes might present you with a few life changing issues in an EV

Indeed almost all the world .......... even by 2030

Malc

• Like 1

14 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

you are missing the point here eh? petrol cars are getting banned -- does it not compute or something? 

Not at all, I think you have missed your own point completely.

NEW petrol and diesel cars are being banned from 2030, used petrol and diesel will still be plentiful - - does that not compute or something? 🙄

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Not at all, I think you have missed your own point completely.

NEW petrol and diesel cars are being banned from 2030, used petrol and diesel will still be plentiful - - does that not compute or something? 🙄

ARE CURRENTLY BEING BANNED, my friend.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Boxbrownie said:

Are you saying used ICE cars are being banned from 2030?

"NEW petrol and diesel cars are being banned from 2030" is what you said David and I have merely added the word "currently"

There is an expectation that Politicians will realise the consequences of what they have proposed and will seek to extend the deadline.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

"NEW petrol and diesel cars are being banned from 2030" is what you said David and I have merely added the word "currently"

There is an expectation that Politicians will realise the consequences of what they have proposed and will seek to extend the deadline.

They might, but what a lot of people don’t realise is that Hybrid ICE will still be able to be sold new after 2030 until 2035.

It just amazes me that some people state that petrol/diesel cars won’t be able to be bought or will be banned after 2030 forgetting to acknowledge it only applies to new vehicles, they are just spreading rubbish and need to stick to facts.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

There is an expectation that Politicians will realise the consequences of what they have proposed

Blimey, gee whizz ....  you really have those high expectations from this bunch of .......    or even a future bunch of ......:wink3:

tongue in cheek eh !

Malc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Or they will get a new horse to mount on. Ehhh. New ideas will be proposed to them. They cannot think themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Exactly so John, World events are already shaping a new narrative. 🙁

• Like 1

The way I look at it is that why are Governments hell bent on getting everyone to buy EVs... there is something else going on here and it’s not for saving the planet - I agree that EVs can be a very useful tool in say busy urban environments an example is Japan, I was there twice - really awesome country and if you visit Tokyo and Bangkok which I have been to about a dozen times and compare the difference-  both are huge metropolitan areas and I was astounded by how clean the air in Tokyo is, and this was about 6 years ago since I have been there - they don’t have nasty diesel **** choking the people (common sense here goes along way) and use EVs for light goods vehicles etc so the air is very clean, much more so than Bangkok or even London.

But what I am seeing is entirely different, it’s not just city dwellers its everyone and that simply will not work to save the planet from falling apart, which I think it’s nonsense. We are told of these catastrophic events going on in the weather but they occur all the time - it’s just that previously we were not having this scaremongering fed into our brains 24,7 with news feeds and twitter telling us we are doomed. I am quite fortunate to have travelled over much of the world, aside from the Americas that is but in Australia in 2002 sticks out for a few reasons - 1 it was the world cup year in Japan / S.Korea and 2 - the weather in Melbourne I think it was February or so and it was almost 50C - not sweltering, more like life threatening but Aussies get weather like that pretty much every year - bush fires, hot weather and parts of Queensland have had no rain for years - it’s the way that continent works - then in Europe we get bush fires etc all over the med quite frequently, as happens in California - earth quakes and tsunamis have been going on since mankind set food on the planet.

So, these events are nothing new but for social media you wouldn’t even be aware that anything was going on - heck you wouldn’t even know that over the last 2 years a virus was wiping out humanity, moving to a 100% EV society won’t work as the by-product of EVs is lithium batteries - nasty, I have personally developed products with these as I am an Electronic Engineer, I also visited huge Battery facilities all over China and S. Korea.  Mining billions of Lithium batteries for cobalt which itself is cancerous and other elements will be dreadful for the planet - and without totally banning fossil fuels then EVs themselves will be never carbon neutral - another buzz word that Politician’s and these experts are using for the sales pitch - actually to get carbon neutral you would have to stop breathing but I don’t think Governments will go that low

I think Governments have huge deals with auto manufacturers, in fact I am more than sure - I can think of no other reason why they are so anxious to ban sales of combustion cars and get everyone to purchase EVs that let’s face it - nobody wants - also what sets off red flags is that there was no public vote on this - it just happened, very similar to COVID actually - the ID schemes rolled across Europe etc happened it seems overnight - hence the protests that have occurred. Modern petrol cars have very low emissions anyway, so banning them for 2030 and beyond makes zero sense.

The only beneficiaries of an EV society will be

1. Governments - EV cars in 2030 will be basically all digital, so location, control of speed, ID of owner etc will all be much easier to accomplish - ie the driver will be basically under restrictions all the time - a black box as it were 

2. Auto manufacturers - EVs will not be cars that can be repaired at home - manufacturers will be floating in money - Battery packs will be expensive enough to write off a car itself

3. Banks - Almost all EVs will be leased out due to the expense - so win win for the banks

• Like 2

Two filling stations in Swindon almost (most pumps) out of unleaded this evening.

I gave up and finally got fuel - without any issues or even a queue - in Reading at Calcot Sainsbury. By that point I was running on fumes! Noticed they have set up a long and complicated queuing system too, so they must be expecting - or have already experienced - long queues and panic buying.

Good news - I now have about 450 miles of range again, which will last me a couple of weeks.

Same at the Morrisons in Sittingbourne, Kent last night … but other stations nearby looked ok.. so possibly success of the 7p discount scheme…. again, any blip to how people fill up, the delivery system struggles… looks like they haven’t fixed the problems from before.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Two filling stations in Swindon almost (most pumps) out of unleaded this evening.

I gave up and finally got fuel - without any issues or even a queue - in Reading at Calcot Sainsbury. By that point I was running on fumes! Noticed they have set up a long an complicated queuing system too, so they must be expecting - or have already experienced - long queues and panic buying.

Good news - I now have about 450 miles of range again, which will last me a couple of weeks.

I live close to the Calcot Sainsbury's and during the last fuel panic they had the queuing system (which worked well) but I don't believe ran out of fuel - at least if they did it was minimal. They are also the cheapest in the area (by up to 10p a litre) and so do get a lot of traffic through the fuel station. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links