Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

I think you need your maths checking.....our 6 seater X was £71k invoice price, I wouldn't swap it for Model 3 if Tesla paid me....infact they tired to 'temp' me into a Y with a zero cost PX. But why would I swap a car that has more space, more utltiy, free fuel for a smaller car that I have to pay to refuel?

Current UK price for X is not 71k. It's 102k for the cheapest with no add ons. I'm not quoting you 6 year old prices.

Tesla UK are not even showing a price at the moment, even if you go through the ordering process, prices from google https://g.co/kgs/HmPLHZ

6 hours ago, DBIZO said:

EVs are great around town though. 

Yeaph, you are 100% right, but they are also great out of town 🙂

20229494655_92c43eec44_c_d.jpg

44989352691_fcb049c084_c_d.jpg

48068156882_8430d1aed9_c_d.jpg

51221838598_14c1bb2a34_c_d.jpg

51225696454_fd9008a700_c_d.jpg

51370230928_7f22b35071_c_d.jpg

51374473149_7ced498705_c_d.jpg

This might really blow your mind, last half term we went to France in an EV convoy with another family.....and whilst there we bumped into another identical RHD X......but maybe you are right and EVs are awful and useless apart from in town 😆

52119199110_02f0b15293_c_d.jpg

52116961691_c68389f1c9_c_d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, matt8 said:

What's the capacity of the powerwall?

Best thing about the PW is the easy software integration with the cars phone app, and also ability to sustain a discharge rate of 5KW. When combined with solar it really does let you do some fancy stuff with power shifting, for June our entire household electricity +  gas bill was £44.......Isn' there suppose to be an energy crisis going on 😀.

In winter though clearly energy usage goes up, however if you are on E7/dynamic tariff, you can use cheap(er) overnight electricity to charge the PW overnight and use that energy through out the day to avoid the higher normal day rate. 

52177661440_60e78f391b_c_d.jpg

52203868179_7bdb6b0d48_w_d.jpg

• Like 1

Trying to think about this petrol vs electric debate as rationally as my small brain will allow, the following points occur to me…

- regardless of whether your car is fuelled by petrol or electricity, if you are going into a very rural context you need to check that there is access to enough ‘fuel’ to get there and back. With the charging networks as they are, that is currently more problematic with electric than it is with petrol (or diesel), but that situation is changing and will continue to improve;

- range anxiety is real, for me at least. If I was looking at an EV costing £40-50k, with ranges of 300 miles maximum, Winter use at motorŵay speeds is severely compromised in terms of range. Dealers themselves have warned me of this, mainly because they want people to buy with their eyes wide open. The Tesla Model X does have an impressive range, but an equally impressive price which is outside the reach of the majority of people;

- fuel cost is a big positive for EVs, obviously. Home charging is very cheap - as things stand before Government legislates to close the revenue gap caused by greater numbers of EVs and fewer fossil fuelled cars - but I’ve seen in the media just this week that a greater number of public chargers cost MORE to charge your EV per mile than petrol does, even with current prices. That has come as a surprise to me.

On a personal level, an EV is simply too much of a compromise right now, although my next car will (almost) certainly be electric in 4-5 years. I need to complete a 200 mile round trip, at motorway speeds, once each week. There is no ability to charge at the other end, so in the Winter I’d need to charge on the motorway or find somewhere else at some point during the trip. Currently I fill my RX up once a fortnight and get 450 miles of range without having to think about it. Until I can get at least 300 miles of range, reliably, in the Winter and at motorway speeds an EV will remain too compromised for me, based on how I feel and my priorities. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

I need to complete a 200 mile round trip, at motorway speeds, once each week

I believe that is achievable in a number of EVs, but is dependent on your definition of 'motorway speeds'. Stick to 70 mph is all is well, go at 80-90 mph like some people do on the motorway and then you struggle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

I believe that is achievable in a number of EVs, but is dependent on your definition of 'motorway speeds'. Stick to 70 mph is all is well, go at 80-90 mph like some people do on the motorway and then you struggle.

Hyundai, KIA and VW have all told me that Summer would be easy but that below 5C in Winter I’d struggle even below 70mph.

I’ve got no real idea of the accuracy of that, but if the sales staff answer the specific question I’d trust them. It was Hyundai who told me they are very honest as they don’t want dissatisfied customers after buying an EV.

As I’ve said before, a friend bought an iPace and got rid again quickly as in Winter range dropped by over 100 miles at motorway speeds. The Vauxhall website recommends travel below 70mph and trying to do things like driving behind lorries to reduce wind resistance!

I guess explains why I tend to see some EVs on lane one going very slowly…

As I said, too much of a compromise for me currently.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, First_Lexus said:

fuel cost is a big positive for EVs, obviously. Home charging is very cheap - as things stand before Government legislates to close the revenue gap caused by greater numbers of EVs and fewer fossil fuelled cars - but I’ve seen in the media just this week that a greater number of public chargers cost MORE to charge your EV per mile than petrol does, even with current prices. That has come as a surprise to me.

Fuel price here has increased more or less 60% in 5 years.

Price for electricity has more than doubled in a year.

If having solar cells on top of own house is a possibility, EV's are economic compared to cars using fuel from oil. If having to buy electricity if price for that is increasing like now it will not be that much of a funny thing to be depending on electricity as power source. In colder countries less than in more warm countries where heating is not needed in cars (or houses) except if temperature is so high that air condition is needed to have a decent temperature. Here we are lucky, temperature in the sea around us is around 20° C all year, but if the Golf Stream will change it's way we will not continue to be so lucky. Open windows and we have fresh air in from the sea and temperature is perfect even when outside sun is giving UV radiation above 10 several hours daily and temperature inside a car parked will be so high that it is uncomfortable to get in there. Luckily AC in the CT is extreme fast getting temperature down.

My lad has just taken delivery of his new Tesla (Model Y).  Acceleration is like nothing I have experienced before.  But on the subject of fuel ... the range on my IS is around 325 miles compared to nearer 400 on his.  To brim my tank (E5) when left with fumes only is currently around £130.  He recently fully charged in around 40 minutes (whilst shopping) and he says it cost him under £20.

Now I'm not saying that I want one, in fact I don't, but he and his accountant have done the maths and it will apparently serve him well for 5 years and will be cost effective.

Ah well, the youth of today eh? 😁

• Like 1

MOAN ON THE RANGE Warning to drivers buying electric cars as their range is up to 100 MILES less than advertised – best and worst brands

They found the vehicles had an average range of 192 miles, compared to the 238 miles found in manufacturer testing.

There is a good reason why Scotty Kilmer hasnt got many or any EVs to review - all they brag about is 0-60, yeah we know they are nippy off the line but that is where it ends

Until I can get a EV that is comparable with the performance from my 14 year old 6 cylinder combustion engine - I am out

And my guess is that the range above, 192 miles would be even less if you drove to the NSL - more like 160miles or less before you need to charge it up, so you will be forever looking for a charge point

34 minutes ago, Sundance said:

My lad has just taken delivery of his new Tesla (Model Y).  Acceleration is like nothing I have experienced before.  But on the subject of fuel ... the range on my IS is around 325 miles compared to nearer 400 on his.  To brim my tank (E5) when left with fumes only is currently around £130.  He recently fully charged in around 40 minutes (whilst shopping) and he says it cost him under £20.

Now I'm not saying that I want one, in fact I don't, but he and his accountant have done the maths and it will apparently serve him well for 5 years and will be cost effective.

Ah well, the youth of today eh? 😁

Yes but if the Tesla breaks down (and they have woeful build quality and Quality Control) it will cost an arm and a leg to put right. The Tesla charging is one of the best on the market but how many are in the UK and how hard will you be looking for one....that works.? And EV charge points will get taken up my more and more dodge third parties just like parking companies and will be a law onto themselves with regards to pricing, who knows what they will charge per kw/h or minute.

I would be suspicious if the Model Y can do 400 miles while driving anyway fast or with a full suite of creature comforts turned on, a google says near to 330 miles which is still impressive if it can do that I put my hand up but if that is with no AC and driving at 40/50mph holding up everyone, well that is not representative of daily use - then again it probably is.

Fast charging is not possible in cold weather also, something to factor in

The 75 kWh 360V lithium-ion pack (good for £12k and weighing 550kg) has almost 6000 cells itself

Saving the environment its called.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

As I said, too much of a compromise for me currently.

Well our 'comprised' car has taken across literally taken us transcontinental with no issues. Less than 24hrs ago we were in Leicester, right now we are just about to enter Denmark. 

EVs are different from combustion cars, but they are not a hindrance on personal mobility some seem to think.

Am acutally reflecting on how quite remarkable, easily our 5 year old EV has managed essentially a whole day of driving, including doing some stupid speeds on the Autobahn......and for us at a cost of £0 in fuel.

In the next 48hrs we'll be at the Atlantic highway, worrying about doing a 200 mile trip in the UK.....not sure I follow the logic!

Even though is makes no financial sense am seriously now thinking of 'persuading' my wife to swap the IS300H for a Model 3 or S. These cars are simply astoundingly and made to be driven :).

52208413312_87f001f1cb_c_d.jpg

52209988425_ea869939d5_k_d.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 4:43 PM, dutchie01 said:

I have been hesitating in replying to this one as it is close to me and i have seen and heared these arguments before. Toffie my friend, one sighting is not evidence as we all know and according to my experience your wife could be very lucky she had three jabs as without them it could well ended way different. Covid is not thesame for everyone and bites different at different people. My wife was infected in the first wave and like you was not jabbed as these were not available then. She just made it. It took her a year and a half to get back on her feet and she still suffers from brain fog and exhaustion. You seem open to all sorts of conspiracy theories which is fine by me. hoewever It might strengthen your case if you could back your arguments up with some sort of proof. Until then i just cant take them serious. BTW Elvis is alive and lives on a remote island.

People die of stuff all the time, every year before covid - heart disease kills almost 20 million each year, the flu over half a million, when covid occured its like every death is attributed to covid, even a 96 year old person on their last legs or someone who had pre existing health conditioons - cause of death ? covid, and obesity is terrible in the western world and the UK so people in that category will most likely have pre existing condtions, diabetes and so forth but the cause of death is covid.

I am wondering why there is not more transparency into the advese reactiions and deaths associated with vaccines - and why no body is allowed even mention it, say it and someone will most likely say to get a grip and stop talking nonsense - really.? In fact its pretty much the same with climate change - not by conicidence either

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Well our 'comprised' car has taken across literally taken us transcontinental with no issues. Less than 24hrs ago we were in Leicester, right now we are just about to enter Denmark. 

EVs are different from combustion cars, but they are not a hindrance on personal mobility some seem to think.

Am acutally reflecting on how quite remarkable, easily our 5 year old EV has managed essentially a whole day of driving, including doing some stupid speeds on the Autobahn......and for us at a cost of £0 in fuel.

In the next 48hrs we'll be at the Atlantic highway, worrying about doing a 200 mile trip in the UK.....not sure I follow the logic!

Even though is makes no financial sense am seriously now thinking of 'persuading' my wife to swap the IS300H for a Model 3 or S. These cars are simply astoundingly and made to be driven :).

52208413312_87f001f1cb_c_d.jpg

52209988425_ea869939d5_k_d.jpg

What is the range doing 60/70mph constant? looks like we have a prime candiate here to fill us in - if you can get 300 odd miles its pretty good going tbf, if your stupid speeds on an autobahn is a 10 second burst to 80mph before backing off into the inside lane, well that is a bit short of the steady 35mpg I can do at 80mph.

A 2022 Jag I Pace done 195 miles at 70mph from a road test 

Before anyone asks -- who is this, Lewis Hamilton? well no, but unless you want to forever be driving at 50mph, which looks to be the direction the Government are going, I would be keen to see how they would behave if driven a bit brisk, ie to the speed limit - I have not even factored in towing anything

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

Well our 'comprised' car has taken across literally taken us transcontinental with no issues. Less than 24hrs ago we were in Leicester, right now we are just about to enter Denmark

I’m sure it has. Congratulations. 

I’ve spoken with friends and family who I know and trust who have a different experience. I’ve spoken with dealers who have warned me as I’ve said previously. I’ve not spoken about the Tesla you own, as I have no experience. I’ve spoken about £50k cars from KIA, Hyundai and VW as well as the iPace.

Perhaps I’m unusual, but I’ll trust the opinions and experience from people I know and trust over people on a forum that I don’t know and…

• Like 1

I see energy companies may hike up bills to over 3 grand a year in the winter, absolutely codswallop - the obvious question is if these companies are struggling so much why are they posting record busting billion dollar quarterly profits? Nothing quite adds up 

If you watch air crash investigation the tag line when disaster strikes, question everything. The problem with society over the last few years is nobody is asking any questions, at all.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

People die of stuff all the time, every year before covid - heart disease kills almost 20 million each year, the flu over half a million, when covid occured its like every death is attributed to covid, even a 96 year old person on their last legs or someone who had pre existing health conditioons - cause of death ? covid, and obesity is terrible in the western world and the UK so people in that category will most likely have pre existing condtions, diabetes and so forth but the cause of death is covid.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">This is a very important point you’ve identified, ERIC. It used to irritate me when a BBC Newsreader would announce the daily deaths FROM Covid, when the table clearly identified the figure as being in reality, ‘Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive test’.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">So in fact it’s deaths of people WITH Covid-19 and not just FROM Covid-19 – a significant difference!

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">As you rightly say, this would include people who were particularly vulnerable due to age and the various conditions you identify. And even some who fell under buses, off ladders etc. And also – let us not forget – who hadn’t had the appropriate vaccine!

heart disease kills almost 20 million each year,

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">As a point of information, the World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that cardiovascular diseases account for about 17.9 million deaths annually, making CVDs the leading cause of death globally.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/cardiovascular-diseases-(cvds)

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">In terms of deaths FROM Covid-19, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) makes this statement:

There were 148,606 deaths where COVID-19 was identified as the underlying cause of death in England and Wales between the weeks ending 13 March 2020 and 1 April 2022,apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">  compared with 35,007 deaths due to flu and pneumonia.

It goes on to state:

In contrast, there were 170,600 deaths, where COVID-19 was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate as cause or contributory factor, compared to 219,207 deaths involving flu and pneumonia.

the flu over half a million

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">The ONS goes on to state:

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">Directly comparing COVID-19 deaths with those from flu and pneumonia has limitations. For example, death certificates likely underestimate flu deaths because not all patients are tested for it, and circulating flu causes increases in deaths due to other conditions such as cardiovascular diseases. However, these figures do allow us to compare the trends and approximate mortality associated with each.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">It is now recognised that deaths directly attributable to flu decreased significantly during the Covid years - in the main due to the unusual social actions taken to reduce viral transmission.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">How coronavirus (COVID-19) compares with flu and pneumonia as a cause of death - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">This article from the British Medical Journal (BMJ) although dated October 2021 and thus slightly out of date, nevertheless has some interesting points to make.

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">Covid and flu: what do the numbers tell us about morbidity and deaths? | The BMJ

I am wondering why there is not more transparency into the advese reactiions and deaths associated with vaccines - and why no body is allowed even mention it, say it and someone will most likely say to get a grip and stop talking nonsense - really.?

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">I can’t say that I have noticed not being allowed to discuss it. In fact the ONS has some interesting statistics in this regard:

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">It’s headed:

Sheet 13: Number of deaths involving COVID-19 vaccines causing adverse effects in therapeutic use, unspecified (U12.9), by age group, deaths registered in March 2020 to May 2022, England and Wales

apple Color Emoji, Segoe UI Emoji, Segoe UI Symbol">And you should be able to open it at this address:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales/may2022/monthlymortalityanalysismay2022.xlsx

If not, it states that the number of deaths in that period involving COVID-19 vaccines totalled 37 in England with none in Wales.

You mentioned ADRs (Adverse Reactions). Previously you’d cited the Yellow Card report, albeit a year-old version, so I had then provided a link to the latest edition – which I do again!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

It’s important to note the limitations of the Yellow Card scheme. It’s also important to note that the conclusion remains the same.

Namely:

Vaccines are the best way to protect people from COVID-19 and have already saved tens of thousands of lives. Everyone should continue to get their vaccination when invited to do so unless specifically advised otherwise.

I trust that will reassure most people.  🙂

PS: I also hope my links work - or I will just have wasted a lot of valuable TV watching time!  ☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LenT said:

This is a very important point you’ve identified, ERIC. It used to irritate me when a BBC Newsreader would announce the daily deaths FROM Covid, when the table clearly identified the figure as being in reality, ‘Deaths from any cause within 28 days of a positive test’.

So in fact it’s deaths of people WITH Covid-19 and not just FROM Covid-19 – a significant difference!

As you rightly say, this would include people who were particularly vulnerable due to age and the various conditions you identify. And even some who fell under buses, off ladders etc. And also – let us not forget – who hadn’t had the appropriate vaccine!

As a point of information, the World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that cardiovascular diseases account for about 17.9 million deaths annually, making CVDs the leading cause of death globally.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/cardiovascular-diseases-(cvds)

In terms of deaths FROM Covid-19, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) makes this statement:

There were 148,606 deaths where COVID-19 was identified as the underlying cause of death in England and Wales between the weeks ending 13 March 2020 and 1 April 2022,  compared with 35,007 deaths due to flu and pneumonia.

It goes on to state:

In contrast, there were 170,600 deaths, where COVID-19 was mentioned anywhere on the death certificate as cause or contributory factor, compared to 219,207 deaths involving flu and pneumonia.

The ONS goes on to state:

Directly comparing COVID-19 deaths with those from flu and pneumonia has limitations. For example, death certificates likely underestimate flu deaths because not all patients are tested for it, and circulating flu causes increases in deaths due to other conditions such as cardiovascular diseases. However, these figures do allow us to compare the trends and approximate mortality associated with each.

It is now recognised that deaths directly attributable to flu decreased significantly during the Covid years - in the main due to the unusual social actions taken to reduce viral transmission.

How coronavirus (COVID-19) compares with flu and pneumonia as a cause of death - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

This article from the British Medical Journal (BMJ) although dated October 2021and thus slightly out of date, nevertheless has some interesting points to make.

Covid and flu: what do the numbers tell us about morbidity and deaths? | The BMJ

I can’t say that I have noticed not being allowed to discuss it. In fact the ONS has some interesting statistics in this regard:

It’s headed:

Sheet 13: Number of deaths involving COVID-19 vaccines causing adverse effects in therapeutic use, unspecified (U12.9), by age group, deaths registered in March 2020 to May 2022, England and Wales

And you should be able to open it at this address:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales/may2022/monthlymortalityanalysismay2022.xlsx

If not, it states that the number of deaths in that period involving COVID-19 vaccines totalled 37 in England with none in Wales.

You mentioned ADRs (Adverse Reactions). Previously you’d cited the Yellow Card report, albeit a year-old version, so I had then provided a link to the latest edition – which I do again!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

It’s important to note the limitations of the Yellow Card scheme. It’s also important to note that the conclusion remains the same.

Namely:

Vaccines are the best way to protect people from COVID-19 and have already saved tens of thousands of lives. Everyone should continue to get their vaccination when invited to do so unless specifically advised otherwise.

I trust that will reassure most people.  🙂

PS: I also hope my links work - or I will just have wasted a lot of valuable TV watching time!  ☹️

Good work old  buddy.

Any figures available identifying numbers who contracted Covid whilst in Hospital Len

I fell out with the BBC many many years ago and it continues to lose my respect.?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Any figures available identifying numbers who contracted Covid whilst in Hospital Len

A very interesting question, John.

This article in the BMJ dated June 2022 raises very valid points.

It states that since March 2020, 32,307 patients admitted into English hospitals with other conditions have contracted Covid.  Of those, 8747 died within 28 days..

We do know people who feature in the first group, but fortunately not in the second.

I suspect that in that period internal hospital procedures will have improved - possibly at the same rate that patients and visitors have become more blasé.

As NHS workers will be well aware, we have a group of fellow citizens who believe that curtailment of their freedom to do whatever they like, is an abuse of their human rights.

Last year MrsT spent a couple of months on a specialist ward during which one bay was reserved for Covid cases.  In theory, this was an isolation bay.  In practice, there was nonstop coming and going, mainly staff but also patients - including my wife who had developed a tendency to wander around the Ward!

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1492

1 hour ago, LenT said:

It states that since March 2020, 32,307 patients admitted into English hospitals with other conditions have contracted Covid.  Of those, 8747 died within 28 days..

It occurred to me that to put these figures into perspective, it’s worth reminding ourselves that in 2019 over 100,000 people died of MRSA.  

This started as a hospital acquired infection but then spread to such community-based organisations as prisons and nursing homes.  

4 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Good work old  buddy.

I fell out with the BBC many many years ago and it continues to lose my respect.?

Any hospital is a dangerous place John, keep out as long as you can!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LenT said:

It occurred to me that to put these figures into perspective, it’s worth reminding ourselves that in 2019 over 100,000 people died of MRSA.  

This started as a hospital acquired infection but then spread to such community-based organisations as prisons and nursing homes.  

Everything is relative and everything can be put into perspective. To date 6.5 million people died with or from covid. 1.5 annually worldwide in car crashes and so on and so on. Everything is public and easy to find as long as you put some effort in it which unfortunately is too much trouble for some. And if i recall correctly all covid figures have been debated daily in the press, on internet, in gossip magazines, at the butcher in the supermarket. In detail to such an extend that i gave up and from the start of the pandemic stuck to John Campbell. 

Back on topic, there are reports that fuel prices can rise up to 3 ( three) euro..  

55 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Any hospital is a dangerous place John, keep out as long as you can!

Strange that you should say that Bernard old pal.

In 2013 I was rather poorly and not expected to survive the night, my family had been beckoned from afar lest I did not survive. Inexplicably I did and was released with 48 hours.My wife was aghast and queried the fact that I was to be released so soon after my nearly demise and was told by the hospital "he`ll be safer at home Mrs Roy than he would be by staying with us"

Hospitals are not as safe as people think they are !

• Like 5

On 7/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, First_Lexus said:

Hyundai, KIA and VW have all told me that Summer would be easy but that below 5C in Winter I’d struggle even below 70mph.

I’ve got no real idea of the accuracy of that, but if the sales staff answer the specific question I’d trust them. It was Hyundai who told me they are very honest as they don’t want dissatisfied customers after buying an EV.

As I’ve said before, a friend bought an iPace and got rid again quickly as in Winter range dropped by over 100 miles at motorway speeds. The Vauxhall website recommends travel below 70mph and trying to do things like driving behind lorries to reduce wind resistance!

ev-database.uk will give you accurate range figures. Their Highway - Cold Weather figure is tested under very harsh conditions which should be beaten. Alternatively check out abetterrouteplanner.com.

The iPace gives EVs a bad name - inefficient, poor range, poor Battery management and poor charging speeds. Modern EVs are much better than that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

there are reports that fuel prices can rise up to 3 ( three) euro..  

I would not be surprised. Also would not be surprised if a third went to diverse governments and another third to the big oil companies. Meaning that 1 € would be the price for fuel.

• Like 1

For the EV doubters.....1500km into our summer road trip and we have finally arrived in Norway!!

What a place, the E6 route out of Oslo is simply the most stunning bit of tarmac I have ever driven, and that includes touring New Zealand, the Swiss apls, Pacific Highway on the west coast, and Gelncoe countless times.

The amazing bit is, we aren't even in the Fjords properly yet.........fuel cost for the trip so far, £0, yes £0 :).

EVs are usless our of the ciry aren't they ;).

52214426404_ca2ba470d5_c_d.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links