Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2023 UX

• 4 weeks later...

I've recently had a UX 250 Hybrid (premier plus spec or Takumi...not sure which!) and have to say I was mightily impressed!  At long last they've produced a car that has very good driving dynamics and handling and that gearbox is sublime.  Not sure if it's an auto or still CVT but it is much more refined than the CVT in my RX3. The interior is wonderful;  the seats (leather in the one I drove) are some of the most comfortable I've ever sat in and the performance was much more satisfying than I expected.  Forget the 0-60 specs, the in gear roll on seems very lively, not unlike what you might expect from a 2 litre turbo-diesel.  Bags of overtaking grunt on tap.  The only thing I was disappointed with was noise intrusion into the cabin at motorway speeds.  It really was quite noisy.  Whether this was down to the tyres it was shod with I don't know but it was very un-Lexus like and much noisier than my RX.  

The other thing I disliked a lot, whilst a lot more up to date than previous generations was the touch screen display which you needed to access for many of the controls.  At least the heater controls were available manually from the row of buttons beneath the large display.  The radio was very good indeed.  The model I had was equipped with active lane assist and on a few empty A road stretches I tried it out and it worked surprisingly well with gentle counter steering to set you on the right side of the white lines but it was somewhat hit and miss, not a problem as you should be looking where you're going anyway.

I just wish that they'd offer ore boot space.  There was barely enough room for two average sized suitcases so it won't be on my shopping list because of that one issue.  I think if I chop my RX in, it'll be for the later generation NX.  The new plug in hybrid NX is the one I'd like but may not be attainable due to the current RRP meaning in 4 years time (when I plan to change) they might still hold onto a little too much residual value to make it a viable trade in..

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

Not sure if it's an auto or still CVT

CVT

41 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

The other thing I disliked a lot, whilst a lot more up to date than previous generations was the touch screen display which you needed to access for many of the controls

Lexus have gone back and forth here. Late 90s/2000s models were touch screen, then they pushed the screens away and you had the rotary controller/mouse/trackpad options which were always heavily criticised by the press, so the screens have come forward again and are touch enabled.

38 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

The model I had was equipped with active lane assist and on a few empty A road stretches I tried it out and it worked surprisingly well with gentle counter steering to set you on the right side of the white lines but it was somewhat hit and miss

Works ok at lower speeds but can just zig-zag across the lane when going faster - very inferior to many other manufactures lane keeping systems that centre you in the lane, and keep you there.

39 minutes ago, GSLV6 said:

I just wish that they'd offer ore boot space.

It's the biggest limitation of the vehicle. People need to consider practicality before purchasing. Shouldn't be a problem if a family is getting the UX as a second car.

2 hours ago, GSLV6 said:

Not sure if it's an auto or still CVT but it is much more refined than the CVT in my RX3.

That's because it's an e-CVT, a miracle of transmission design. Very compact with constantly meshed gears driven by both the ICE and electric motors

It felt different to the e-cvt in my RX which is why I asked the question.  More refined and even smoother.  Then again, it's not trying to lug 2.2t around.  I liked the 6sp auto in my GS.  That was one of the best auto boxes I've ever driven.

I love my UX250h Takumi. I wanted the refinements I’d become used to in the RX so I bought a high spec two year old UX instead of a new or nearly new low spec model. Yes the boot is disappointingly small and the run flat tyres are noisy. But the handling is superb.   As for the screen, I just plug my Iphone in and leave it in the central arm rest and apple Car Play opens up automatically, filling the screen completely. Thereafter it’s all “Hey Siri…”. I get lots of compliments about the khaki green and tan interior. 
Best car I’ve ever had. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am very impressed with my UX250H FSport.  Picked it up New Years Eve but I had waited from mid Feb when it was ordered. Certainly the best car I have owned and I thought my Audis were nice.  It is quiet inside but agree about the noisy runflat tyres on the motorways.  Handling is superb and so is the turning circle. The seats are very comfortable and I like the touch screen.  Boot space could be better but mine is not a family car so it will be ok.  Mine is in the Sonic Titanium with white interior.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, Su145 said:

I am very impressed with my UX250H FSport.  Picked it up New Years Eve but I had waited from mid Feb when it was ordered. Certainly the best car I have owned and I thought my Audis were nice.  It is quiet inside but agree about the noisy runflat tyres on the motorways.  Handling is superb and so is the turning circle. The seats are very comfortable and I like the touch screen.  Boot space could be better but mine is not a family car so it will be ok.  Mine is in the Sonic Titanium with white interior.

Hello Susan, my MY23 model has the Bridgestone Alenzas tyres and they seem pretty quiet. What's on yours?

21 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

Hello Susan, my MY23 model has the Bridgestone Alenzas tyres and they seem pretty quiet. What's on yours?

Mine has the Bridgestone on but they are noisy dependent on the road surface.  On a smooth road they are quiet, we have lumpy roads in Somerset!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

just dropping to get the difference between the F sport design and UX based with premium plus pack?

anybody has an F Sport design trim? Just looking at the specs sheet the F sport design has some of premium plus pack apart from the wireless charger, electiric seats, and the size of the infotainment console and puddle lights. The Fsport design looks better than the base model. 
just getting opinions of others just for me to save a bit of money which we need nowadays

Also, how are you finding the boot size as well?

On 1/27/2023 at 9:17 PM, Goodplan53 said:

Yes the boot is disappointingly small 

On 2/5/2023 at 3:22 PM, Su145 said:

Boot space could be better but mine is not a family car so it will be ok. 

I'm glad this has been mentioned because that's by far the biggest complaint about mine in the three years of ownership (three years tomorrow, actually!). The boot is very small indeed. For my general day to day use, going back and forth to work, it's absolutely fine. If I'm travelling on my own, again, no issue. As soon as two or three people are inside though, luggage space...hmmmm...yeah! It's the same when it comes to a full weeks' worth of shopping and the odd weekend away - which always results in a bulging parcel shelf (I don't like *not* having a parcel shelf!). The only way to avoid that is to utilise an empty rear footwell/seat.

Ironically, I would say that the UX does have the largest inside/under-armrest storage space I think I've ever had in any of the cars I've owned. 

I liked Car Care Nut,always learn something new from his videos

- the boot size I can manage the size somehow

- the back seat is enough for me. 

- they could have use the 5th generation hybrid as well just like the Corolla and Prius when they upgraded it. But still the 4th generation hybrid is very efficient. 

- the volume button is true in a awkward position but there is volume control in the steering wheel as well, so you dont have to keep reaching the button on the screen or do a voice command. 

- run flat tyres havent really tried it but Lexus could have use something else like Michelin Cross Climate 2. 

- the size of the infotainment why not offer 1 size for all ranges rather than  8 inches for the lower range then 12 inches for the fsport and above. 

- but still really well built and feel comfortable inside and quiet and drives well for me. 

-long waiting delivery time , the luxury car tax for new car, thus  I cant spec the UX with premium plus pack are few things that hinders my decision to get a UX. Might end up getting a Corolla excel instead in which it offers the upgraded tech but not as luxurious and well built like the Lexus

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links