Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing at Toyota?

PRT68

Just had a detailed survey via email from Lexus. 'How would I feel if my car could be serviced to Lexus standards at Toyota?'

Well being as it would be 2 miles away instead of 32, and if prices were midway between Lexus and Toyota, bring it on!!!

• Like 4

I picked up my car on 1st September and was told by the salesperson that I could have my car serviced at Toyota (15 miles away, versus 150 miles for a Lexus service). I challenged this and it was confirmed. Perhaps plans at Lexus are further advanced than we think!?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Just had a detailed survey via email from Lexus. 'How would I feel if my car could be serviced to Lexus standards at Toyota?'

Well being as it would be 2 miles away instead of 32, and if prices were midway between Lexus and Toyota, bring it on!!!

Wow, that Liz Truss seems to be moving mountains. Toyota services now, NHS tomorrow ?🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting, picked up my RC 4 weeks ago and asked the salesman if I could get it serviced by Toyota as there is a dealer on the corner of the block where I work. Told by salesman no and why would you do that! Any way while out and about happened to be parked up and waiting next to another Toyota dealer and to kill time I asked the question and the reply was 'sure not a problem we can order in any parts needed' So I think when the time comes the Toyota dealer will get my custom.

2 minutes ago, Littorio said:

Interesting, picked up my RC 4 weeks ago and asked the salesman if I could get it serviced by Toyota as there is a dealer on the corner of the block where I work. Told by salesman no and why would you do that! Any way while out and about happened to be parked up and waiting next to another Toyota dealer and to kill time I asked the question and the reply was 'sure not a problem we can order in any parts needed' So I think when the time comes the Toyota dealer will get my custom.

Won`t that invalidate your REFLEX warranty which is with Lexus not Toyota ?

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Well it's 4 years old and will be 5 when the next service is required other than that the salesman never discussed my warranty only how the Battery check 12 monthly warranty works. I have not got any information regarding REFLEX

3 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Not sure of the consequences of a LEXUS car being involved, but Toyota now do a similar 10-year ongoing warranty scheme.

I know that but the matter needs to be addressed in writing by the Member getting a definitive statement from Lexus with which the original agreement was made.

3 minutes ago, Littorio said:

Well it's 4 years old and will be 5 when the next service is required other than that the salesman never discussed my warranty only how the battery check 12 monthly warranty works. I have not got any information regarding REFLEX

Full REFLEX information is on the Lexus website. I`d ask Lexus to inform you of your position Luciano if you ask Toyota to service your vehicle in future.

Here it is same thing. Lexus / Toyota have same address, same personnel, live in same building, same everything except maybe price; do not know.

Before Japan sold the service to local people there was a Lexus, big and impressive next to the Toyota also very fine garage. Now the big impressive building where Lexus used to be is home to another company.

Think the cars use same oil, filter and most other spare parts so a difference should not be big if there is any.

Have been wrong before, so what would I know.

16 hours ago, PRT68 said:

I received the same survey (from "Talk To Lexus").

I stated that as long as there was no impact on the car's service history or the Relax warranty (when it reaches that age), and that they used genuine Lexus parts, it wouldn't bother me. In fact my dealer (Lexus Woodford) has a Toyota dealership next door (all part of the same franchise) and I suspect they share the same workshop and mechanics.

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Invalidate is the wrong word. Currently it wouldn't qualify for Relax warranty if you serviced a Lexus vehicle at Toyota, so whilst you might save some money or convenience you would be missing out of a 12 month/10k miles warranty.

Based on the email Paul received this could change under an officially supported programme where all Toyota dealers are authorised by Lexus GB to carry out Lexus servicing, but that isn't the case at the moment. 

2 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Yes, same here. Hedge End are both Toyota and Lexus on the same (huge) site.

Many Toyota dealers are also Lexus dealers and share facilities but they have to maintain the standards set by Lexus to qualify, including sending technicians on Lexus model specific courses etc. Whilst they don't need dedicated technicians, not all that work on Toyota vehicles can work on the Lexus ones. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Invalidate is the wrong word. Currently it wouldn't qualify for Relax warranty if you serviced a Lexus vehicle at Toyota, so whilst you might save some money or convenience you would be missing out of a 12 month/10k miles warranty.

Based on the email Paul received this could change under an officially supported programme where all Toyota dealers are authorised by Lexus GB to carry out Lexus servicing, but that isn't the case at the moment. 

Many Toyota dealers are also Lexus dealers and share facilities but they have to maintain the standards set by Lexus to qualify, including sending technicians on Lexus model specific courses etc. Whilst they don't need dedicated technicians, not all that work on Toyota vehicles can work on the Lexus ones. 

Thanks Colin for the clarification.

51 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Currently it wouldn't qualify for Relax warranty if you serviced a Lexus vehicle at Toyota, so whilst you might save some money or convenience you would be missing out of a 12 month/10k miles warranty.

Here Lexus is no more just Lexus.

Toyota has it all. Big name on top of building        TOYOTA     no mentioning of Lexus there

Latest service (yesterday):

image.thumb.png.76521332063cb31cb0c65c896ce07fc1.png

Included extension of Lexus Relax (hybrid battery).

image.png.78969101dbb030783442285a24d3a98a.png

All the Toyota dealers I know of locally are rubbish with the franchise so that a no no from me. The Lexus isn't too hot either, and that depends on who you get to service the car. Only one of the service team is excellent, the others you might as well not even bother. 

• Sad 1

Like the circle of life, I tried to remind Lexus what it used to be like in the 1990’s.

My LS400 in 1996 was serviced by a joint Lexus/Toyota dealer. In reality it was Toyota and it got so bad that Lexus insisted that all Lexus dealers had to have independent premises to protect the brand. (Was it reasonable to take in a £50k Lexus and be given a £8k Corolla courtesy car for the day.)

Do we really think a minor service will be done by a dedicated Lexus technician during holiday periods in a Toyota centre?

Nothing wrong with Toyota but if I want Toyota servicing I’ll buy a Toyota.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Alan305 said:
Was it reasonable to take in a £50k Lexus and be given a £8k Corolla courtesy car for the day.

Would have been glad for that. We give our car to service and have to take a taxi to get home. And another to get back collect the serviced car.

I'm sure when I had a RX450H I phoned my local toyota dealer and asked them how much for a 60k service (think it was a 60k and I know it was for spark plugs too). They came back to me and apologised that they couldn't quote for me.

As for my is250 if I remember and out of interest I'll contact them again and see what they'd quote. Toyota dealer a 20 minute walk away. Lexus dealer a 25 minute drive (but I do get a spanking new Lexus to get home and free breakdown cover 🙂)

1 hour ago, Mr Vlad said:

I'm sure when I had a RX450H I phoned my local toyota dealer and asked them how much for a 60k service (think it was a 60k and I know it was for spark plugs too). They came back to me and apologised that they couldn't quote for me.

Lexus in this country (Lexus UK) is just a trading name of Toyota GB plc. Lexus is little more than just a couple of desks at the Surrey HQ, possibly not even that these days as all senior management, press and customer relations, finance etc are Toyota employees that deal with both brands. Therefore Toyota set rules across both brand franchises, and as a commitment for Lexus dealerships that invest in a showroom, facilities and training they are guaranteed that Toyota dealerships don't 'steal' service revenue from them.

Toyota dealers are restricted to Toyota vehicles in Techstream, training material and cannot claim warranty work on Lexus vehicles etc. Most Toyota dealers therefore won't service Lexus vehicles. The ones that do are going against their franchise T&Cs and risk losing it if they pushed things too far.

Things may change in the future based on the OP.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Lexus in this country (Lexus UK) is just a trading name of Toyota GB plc.

Actually if you look at the Companies House register Lexus GB is a dormant company that ceased trading in 2009.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02484623/filing-history

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links