Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Link + app released 18th Aug

10 hours ago, John Yossarian said:

I have had this on several occasions. Lately I do not get all my journeys either, it used to be fine till recently. Also, I don't always get the car fully charged in the morning according to the App, although I know it has fully charged. This morning, the App places the car 3 miles from home when I can see it parked in front of the house.

I would say at the moment the Link+ App is work in progress and is quite messed up.

Yes it certainly isn't a robust product. It keeps cutting out on me and requests that I "add vehicle". When I do this it's unresponsive. After I uninstall and reinstall everything works OK. Now have found that if I "force stop" it runs OK until I recharge when I have to go through the whole process again!

Things can only get better!

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:58 PM, Ken R said:

Yes it certainly isn't a robust product. It keeps cutting out on me and requests that I "add vehicle". When I do this it's unresponsive. After I uninstall and reinstall everything works OK. Now have found that if I "force stop" it runs OK until I recharge when I have to go through the whole process again!

Things can only get better!

For a few days now I have also lost the traffic information, the car doesn't "see" the cloud. I have contacted Lexus. I hope to hear back soon from them.

On 8/28/2023 at 4:59 PM, HMT said:

Is anyone else having this issue - tried to check on status this morning and showing 100% on fuel ( not correct) but not showing anything for ev and also nothing for range. Tried to refresh - no change so went into charge screen and just get error message.

have signed out and back in again - same result on both iPhone & iPad apps during the day.

I know it is fully charged - green charge light went out, and car says ev range of 46 which  is about right - last charge was 47.2 on app and 46 in car

IMG_0793.jpeg

IMG_0794.png

After 6 weeks and several exchanges of emails I finally got an answer from Lexus CS  …….. the Link+ app is not designed to work on iPad. 

Hi Harry,

Thank you for your patience and support during our investigation.

Our support team have come back with an answer regarding the App experience when using iPad.

As the App is primarily designed and developed for mobile phone use only, As a result even though the App works on iPad some functions / features may not operate correctly.

Unfortunately cannot fix any issue for iPads or tabs, Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Sad 2

New version 2.2.0 (122) has been released 

now gives overview by selected month and appears to show all trips and not just last rolling month. 
not had chance to check out everything 

I got the update too today (Android). 

As revealed by @HMT earlier....

They have made some improvements to the Hybrid Coaching section, namely:

1. Under the "Overview" section you can select each of the last 12 month's datasets separately. 

2. The "Trips" section goes back far more months than in the previous version of the app. 

• Like 1

I have just tried to login into app and failed. I can still loving to my account on their website, so I suspect it is temporary server issues.

At least I am planning to give it an hour…

31 minutes ago, HMT said:

Just downloaded version 2.2.1 for iPhone - now app will not load - only get front welcoming screen - see screenshot

has anyone else tried thi version

IMG_DAA51B097602-1.jpeg

Deleted the app and reloaded - now working !! ( as it was before cannot see any changes

I'm still on the original app because the new one won't recognise my account. Surprisingly, I have had 3 or 4 updates to the old app (on Android) since the release of the new app. The old app is working just fine, a few issues since the car was serviced at the end of August and various software upgrades on the car were done but no pattern and nothing to get too excited about (even though I've had more issues in the last 2 months than I had in the first 12 months of ownership).

I’ve got the latest version on my Iphone couple of days ago, now I’ve got no trip history after mid August. All else seems ok other than remote locking still does not work.

My car is going in to dealer next week for the charging recall and a change out of the DCM, so no doubt it’ll be be back to square one after that 😊

Anyone else having issues setting climate control ?  Get an error every time.  It does look like I can lock/unlock.  Also the cars status has not updated and is showing unlocked despite being locked

18 hours ago, Richolf said:

Anyone else having issues setting climate control ?  Get an error every time.  It does look like I can lock/unlock.  Also the cars status has not updated and is showing unlocked despite being locked

Try clearing the cache in storage and then force stop the app and restart it. If no better it's worth reinstalling the app which I had to do yesterday when it got itself in a twist. Working ok now.

• Like 1

Had the notification today that the old app will cease to exist shortly and advising to download the new one., which I have done.

A shame really since the now ‘old’ app has been working a treat whilst you guys have been beta testing the new one. Every single journey over the past 3 months or so appeared within a couple of hours of completing. Lock/unlock instructions worked fine as did presetting CC etc.

Now for the frustrations with the new one 🙄🤞

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Had the notification today that the old app will cease to exist shortly and advising to download the new one., which I have done.

A shame really since the now ‘old’ app has been working a treat whilst you guys have been beta testing the new one. Every single journey over the past 3 months or so appeared within a couple of hours of completing. Lock/unlock instructions worked fine as did presetting CC etc.

Now for the frustrations with the new one 🙄🤞

Yes Paul.....same here. Have put off  downloaded the +app as......... 'if it ain't broke' etc etc !!

So have today  done the same as you and have my fingers crossed. Hopefully if it works as good as the previous then thumbs up from me .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mobeam said:

Yes Paul.....same here. Have put off  downloaded the +app as......... 'if it ain't broke' etc etc !!

So have today  done the same as you and have my fingers crossed. Hopefully if it works as good as the previous then thumbs up from me .

I've also succumbed to the 'download link+ message today - let's see how we get on!

• Like 1

Oh dear... It looks like my App is playing up at the moment. 

I opened it last night to be greeted with the screen flicking/fluttering before closing itself down. I tried to re-open it and it had logged me out. So, I tried logging back in again and after I entered my e-mail address and clicked 'continue', the below error message shown... 😕

Anyway, I went to bed. Tried it again this morning and it looks like the app has had some sort of update to the terms and conditions. After accepting those, it logged in correctly. I assumed all was well...

On my way into work this morning, I was about three miles into the drive when I had that dreaded 'profile not synced' come up on the screen - wanting me to log in from the car. That's something that's never happened before. 

It logged in fine, but it makes me worry what it'll do when I head home later on... 

IMG_2457 (004).jpg

1 hour ago, Gary H said:

Oh dear... It looks like my App is playing up at the moment. 

I opened it last night to be greeted with the screen flicking/fluttering before closing itself down. I tried to re-open it and it had logged me out. So, I tried logging back in again and after I entered my e-mail address and clicked 'continue', the below error message shown... 😕

Anyway, I went to bed. Tried it again this morning and it looks like the app has had some sort of update to the terms and conditions. After accepting those, it logged in correctly. I assumed all was well...

On my way into work this morning, I was about three miles into the drive when I had that dreaded 'profile not synced' come up on the screen - wanting me to log in from the car. That's something that's never happened before. 

It logged in fine, but it makes me worry what it'll do when I head home later on... 

IMG_2457 (004).jpg

I had exactly the same problem so I deleted the app and re-installed it and after logging in again it worked briefly. After going through the same loop twice more without success, I noticed there was a new version of iOS so I upgraded the phone to 17.1 then after deleting the app again and re-installing it all started working properly. I also got the 'profile not synced' message while driving this morning and had to log in the car again but it's all working and the app is still talking to the car. As you say, there must have been some kind of update last night.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links