Sign in to follow this  
lexy200

Painting Calipers

whats the best paint to use to do this , did most of you use a hammerite smooth finish or did you use a caliper paint and lacquer ??

hammerite smooth is fine.

I put a clear layer of heat resistant laquer over it, as I applied chrome lexus stickers as well.

If you aren't putting stickers on, then just the hammerite will be fine

cool , cheers mate , wat would you say the best colour is for on a platinum ice is200 , im also gonna be gettin some lexus stickers for them but obviously get a colour of sticker that will show over the caliper so wat u reckon is nicest

cool , cheers mate , wat would you say the best colour is for on a platinum ice is200 , im also gonna be gettin some lexus stickers for them but obviously get a colour of sticker that will show over the caliper so wat u reckon is nicest

personal choice mate - all personal choice.

Me - I would go black calipers with white or chrome stickers (depends if Stevo has any chrome left) - nice and elegant.

for a plat ice, I would say go for silver calipers with black stickers but its personal choice as mat says

I did mine blue with silver logo's, but i have a sapphire blue mota!

I'd say, either silver, black, or maybe even a bright in ya face type of colour! Depends what ya after really!

Stu

i did mine plain black with white stickers - just used plain paint ( japlack?) no laquer at all and the stickers have been there for 4 years now.

I'm Platinum and I went for gold.......... still undecided though, they look more brass than gold........... no stickers

I put a clear layer of heat resistant laquer over it...

Whats the name/brand of it?

Whats the name/brand of it?

sure it was called Plastikote Clear Laquer - can in a small glass jar, so I could use a brush to apply it

I'm about to paint mine and I got the paint from Motorspares. The brand name is SAVAGE. Obviously not sure on the finish til painted. They do a few different colours.

whats the best paint to use to do this , did most of you use a hammerite smooth finish or did you use a caliper paint and lacquer ??

I painted my calipers Royal Blue, its made by Dulux ,in fact its the same colour as my front door :D , very hard wearing ,super gloss finish,went on in one coat, who need automotive paint :winky: .

I did my calipers red with smooth hammerite and silver stickers.

I didnt lacquer them and the stickers stay on fine

my car is plat ice

piccie in my garage

I've been meaning to do mine for 3 years now :blush:

red..then black..............

prob will not bother now...........slap those bigger capliers on...they are ready painted !

I'm Platinum and I went for gold.......... still undecided though, they look more brass than gold........... no stickers

any pics of the gold calipers? I was thinking Gold, then Red......now after influence of this thread, maybe black :unsure:

Pic of gold calipers on my avatar. Used gold hammerite smooth with black stickers. If anyone is intersted i have an unused set of chrome caliper stickers. I will let them go for what i paid i think they wer about £11/12 quid. I will have to check if that included postage.

:P i did my calipers GREEN with chrome stickers to make them stand out :D

:P did mine black with gold stickers, they look cool man :D

errr, i know i soudns stupid, but how do you paitn yoru calipers..- you mount it up adn take off all the wheels? Home jobie?