Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Time To Say Hello

Well I've been lurking about for a couple of weeks or so now, and it's about time I jumped in and said hello.

Picked up my IS300 just over a week ago. First ever drive in an auto as well. Enjoying it so far. I must say that I am impressed with the economy, I've used just over half a tank and done over 200 miles, and although I've yet to fill up to actually calculate it precisely it's looking good.

Well I've been lurking about for a couple of weeks or so now, and it's about time I jumped in and said hello.

Picked up my IS300 just over a week ago. First ever drive in an auto as well. Enjoying it so far. I must say that I am impressed with the economy, I've used just over half a tank and done over 200 miles, and although I've yet to fill up to actually calculate it precisely it's looking good.

welcome mate... happy motoring

Welcome to LOC :)

Good to hear you're enjoying the car, guessing you got her from Lexus Notts?

Good to see another midlands member anyway!

You're doing well with the economy there, wish I was getting that sort of milage - lucky to get 250 out of a tank at the minute but I do have a heavy right foot :D

There's an introductions thread below if you want to add to that?

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...pic=8859&st=225

Yep, from Notts.

So far good service, got a few little things to tidy up on then all sorted.

As for the distance I've not been hanging around, but it is looking good. I guessed at getting 340-360 out of a tankfull and that is definately looking possible.

Possibly the wrong place to ask, but is there get together based in the midlands coming up?

Possibly the wrong place to ask, but is there get together based in the midlands coming up?

The last one was three or four weeks ago down at Castle Marina, nothing is planned for the next one yet, think the next big meet is the Northern meet which is in the lake district on the 20 March I believe?

Sure we can sort something out, there are a few members in the Notts / Derby / surrounding area so sure a mini meet could be arranged at some point!

Yep, from Notts.

As for the distance I've not been hanging around, but it is looking good. I guessed at getting 340-360 out of a tankfull and that is definately looking possible.

welcome to the club mate :D nice car you have ;) come to the northan meet on the 20th you are morethan welcome to come along.

Welcome!

Is it in Astral black? Saw an IS300 on an 05 plate on Derby Road coming into town a couple of days ago.

I'm in The Park - Astral Black IS300 full bodykit, personal plate (starts V1 ***), gold bages. Give me a wave if you see me!

Mike

Yep, from Notts.

Just make sure you get everything in writing, I'm really fed up with the service Lexus Nott'm are providing. I'm half way through a stern letter to them and Lexus GB.

... Someone else was picking up a silver IS 300 on Thursday afternoon, looked really nice, shame the valet staff at Lexus Nott'm can't clean a car for toffee!

Welcome!

Is it in Astral black? Saw an IS300 on an 05 plate on Derby Road coming into town a couple of days ago.

I'm in The Park - Astral Black IS300 full bodykit, personal plate (starts V1 ***), gold bages. Give me a wave if you see me!

Nope it's Antimony Quartz, also on a personal plate. However I was aorund on Derby Road last week. Most of the time further out of town, over towards Beeston.

Tend to be driving around at weird hours as I work shifts, well weird in so far as not many people drive around at 05:30 :).

Welcome!

Nope it's Antimony Quartz, also on a personal plate. However I was aorund on Derby Road last week. Most of the time further out of town, over towards Beeston.

Tend to be driving around at weird hours as I work shifts, well weird in so far as not many people drive around at 05:30 :).

Don't see many 300's in Antimony - I'll look out for you

It's been three months since I last saw an IS300 on the road ! apart form mine of course ! hehe

Welcome to LOC mate ............

I got 320 miles out of a full tank, both motorway and town driving !

Just make sure you get everything in writing, I'm really fed up with the service Lexus Nott'm are providing. I'm half way through a stern letter to them and Lexus GB.

In brief what's the issue you are having?

So far I've not really had a problem, I am missing some paperwork and some isn't filled in correctly that I do have so got to get that sorted. Apart from that they've been fine with me so far.

Quick question, I joined the club (as in went GOLD). I have access to the forums but no banner under my name, does that come in time? or have I missed something to setup somewhere?

In brief what's the issue you are having?

So far I've not really had a problem, I am missing some paperwork and some isn't filled in correctly that I do have so got to get that sorted. Apart from that they've been fine with me so far.

When I bought the car the salesman said things would be done before I collected the car; the next service, wheels replaced due to corrosion (std 18"s) bodywork issues, cig lighter fault etc. Only some were done, others left and he denied knowledge of the others. It was handed over with water swimming in the back door pockets and litter under the seats even after it was meant to be cleaned. Now Lexus GB tell me the warranty has expired when it should be running until August (1 Year).

Just be careful and don't let them fob you off! As for returning phone calls, you have a 50/50 chance.

Just took my car in under warranty to have the corrosion at the top of the two rear doors fixed, it was supposed to be a day job and they said they would call me when it was done. Firstly I had a fight to get a courtesy car and then they didn't bother calling me to tell me if it was ready, I called and was told they would phone back, they didn't. I called the next day and was told it was delayed because the sprayer went off sick, but I took a drive around the back the night before and my car was outside spray job finished! I wasn't best pleased! :shutit:

The last one was three or four weeks ago down at Castle Marina, nothing is planned for the next one yet, think the next big meet is the Northern meet which is in the lake district on the 20 March I believe?

Sure we can sort something out, there are a few members in the Notts / Derby / surrounding area so sure a mini meet could be arranged at some point!

Missed this in the replies.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Castle Marina would have been a good venue as well, but I take it you move them around the midlands a bit each time?

Either way would be good to have a 'mini meet'.

Castle Marina would have been a good venue as well, but I take it you move them around the midlands a bit each time?

Aye, I'd come along and say hi too if its in the Nott'm/Derby area...

Aye, I'd come along and say hi too if its in the Nott'm/Derby area...

I'm up for it too (can't make week beginning 21/03 though)...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links