Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Eureka!

GALLA_4

After many searches and posts about painting calipers and what to use etc

and having painted my calipers with Hammerite and not being too happy with it,

I decided to do some research on the matter and put my engineering hat on.

I have found a company here in Ireland who will strip down the calipers front and rear ie remove pads, pistons and seals and sand blast the whole caliper bringing it back to day one finish.

Next after the calipers being sandblasted, the interiors of the calipers are masked off, and they are powder coated a colour of your choice and baked in an oven at 230C . After this they are powder coated with a clear coat paint, and rebuilt! Its the ultimate in caliper protection and aesthetics. I will have pics soon and more details to follow.

Regards

GALLA_4

i dont think galla 4 meant it like that lads ,i think what he is saying is someone may suggest some thing but have never tried it ,so he is gonna try it,the computer typing talk is often picked up very wrong,maybe thats why this club is such a nice place :D

Well I thought about this and I did have ganky yellow Hammerite on there initally, but I have decided to go with a Ferrari Racing Red powdercoat, followed by a clear lacquer powdercoat. Once thats all done, I am going to put the white Lexus decals on there to set them off!

I bought the whole brembo kit from Scott aswell, braided lines, drilled and slotted rotors front and rear and new Axxis pads. So I think it should look sweet!

I can take pics of how the sand blasting works out too for everyone!

GALLA_4

Well I thought about this and I did have ganky yellow Hammerite on there initally, but I have decided to go with a Ferrari Racing Red powdercoat, followed by a clear lacquer powdercoat. Once thats all done, I am going to put the white Lexus decals on there to set them off!

I bought the whole brembo kit from Scott aswell, braided lines, drilled and slotted rotors front and rear and new Axxis pads. So I think it should look sweet!

GALLA_4

wehey posh or wot :winky:

GALLA_4

wehey posh or wot :winky:

You dont have to be Posh to be Privileged LOL

Well thats what the TV Ad says :unsure:

Maybe so!

But since as I am possibly one of the first members to TRY this (correct me if I'm wrong), I thought that maybe some people might like to see how it goes??

Regards

GALLA_4

it has been done before,, i recall whilst sitting in Tdi's reception reading a clipping about the very first IS fitted with a s/c and this guy had powder coated his calipers..

Maybe so!

But since as I am possibly one of the first members to TRY this (correct me if I'm wrong), I thought that maybe some people might like to see how it goes??

Regards

GALLA_4

it has been done before,, i recall whilst sitting in Tdi's reception reading a clipping about the very first IS fitted with a s/c and this guy had powder coated his calipers..

Whats his name? Address?

I'm going to check this out!

Maybe so!

Regards

GALLA_4

Whats his name? Address?

I'm going to check this out!

speak to mark at tdi and ask him nicely to find the binder with magazine cut out.. :D

Wow, never knew powdercoating was such a big deal! :duh:

is it? :unsure:

:blush: I'm with you on this one Colin ....... what's the big deal?

The big deal is when they are done thats it you will not have to do anything to them, but if you paint them you have to keep them "tip top" ie paint them some more when the 1st paint job starts to look s:tsktsk: t :whistling: :winky:

Lets know how it gos 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links