Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Jap Show Finale At Santa Pod - Official Thread

Zee007

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 spare tickets and a stand pass available.

First to PM me their address can have them for £25.

I will post them out, and you can pay me on the day.

All tickets SOLD.

See you Sunday. :)

All tickets have now been sent out.

Please note:

Get there early.

If you want to run on the 1/4 mile, remember your DRIVING LICENCE

PLEASE DISPLAY YOUR CAR PASS CLEARLY

PARK ON THE RIGHT STAND

And most importantly, have a good day!

Do we know any times for Toddington yet chaps?

I think the public are allowed in as early as 9:00 so I assume its gonnna be an early one.....not too much of a problem I get up at 5:00 every day.

Unfortunatly, due to work commitments, i am unable to make this weekend...gutted as i wanted to try and beat my last 1/4 mile run times.......

ah well maybe next year.

hope all you crazy cats will have a great time...supose i will see you all at Janspeed in November

Unfortunatly, due to work commitments, i am unable to make this weekend...gutted as i wanted to try and beat my last 1/4 mile run times.......

ah well maybe next year.

hope all you crazy cats will have a great time...supose i will see you all at Janspeed in November

:ohmy: ;)

ah well maybe next year.

no competition for me now then :D :D

shame you cant make it mat,

See you folks in the morning, off now to get five hours sleep :D

Just saw that bit in Zee's first post of this topic saying there are pole dancers - ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :innocent:

Excellent day. Great to see everyone again :D

1/4 miles were loads of fun :D :driving: Very nerve racking at first but that soon passes as the adreneline kicks in. Now a 1/4 mile junkie :whistling:

Lost all my races, First to my mates 450bhp supra but i was leading for nearly a 1/8 mile, then left for dead.

Then lost to Zee, although i did have a bad start and was beaten by 8/10 of a sec.

Then lost to a prelude, but had my best run of the day.

Times:

1) 16.8

2) 16.7

3) 15.7

Might be able to get a little faster with a better start.

Loads of fast and top cars there and fit birds :D

Only gripe was it was soooo busy had to wait ages to get on the track so spent majority of the day sat in the car waiting to sprint down that track :D

yep great day no pics kids got the camera so goto sypon through

good to hear you got a 15.7 adie car looks great mate

zee turbo looks awesome me and you can have a play next year when mine is sorted

oh aido car looked so shiny :eerrrmm: but great to see you again mate

must say norris designs evo 9.7 car was awesome

met afew new guys aswell sorry had to shoot had to get the evo back before he knew it was missing

Excellent day. Great to see everyone again :D

1/4 miles were loads of fun :D  :driving:  Very nerve racking at first but that soon passes as the adreneline kicks in. Now a 1/4 mile junkie :whistling:

Lost all my races, First to my mates 450bhp supra but i was leading for nearly a 1/8 mile, then left for dead.

Then lost to Zee, although i did have a bad start and was beaten by 8/10 of a sec.

Then lost to a prelude, but had my best run of the day.

Times:

1) 16.8

2) 16.7

3) 15.7

Might be able to get a little faster with a better start.

Loads of fast and top cars there and fit birds :D

Only gripe was it was soooo busy had to wait ages to get on the track so spent majority of the day sat in the car waiting to sprint down that track :D

excellent...........new front pipe and who knows :winky:

Yes mate. Seeing those very fast skylines going down the track makes the IS look sooo slow.

Should be going again very soon though and this time Zee i'm feeling confident :P

Think Zee's fastest in the end was 15.3. So with mapping and fine tuning he should easily be in the 14's :D

Marcus was in 17's but needed that 5th gear.

Barrie also put up a good fight in his car. Would have been nice to see him doing it in the s/cd IS though

I think there should be a couple of videos and some pics :D

The video of mine and Zee's race looks worse on my part than it was :P

Also Zee had a great race at the end with a Scooby :P :lol:

gallery_2966_134_111343.jpg

oh dear, look who was down at santa pod today!

Eugene from big brother, he is worse to talk to in real life!

he even came out with the cringing alan partridge line "i like to call them Lexi" oh dear!

well done to guys who ran.

my s/c belt gave up before i even got to pod, otherwise would of run regardless of ecu etc...

nice to meet some of you..

oh, i got pic with eugene too.... chatted for about 20-30mins till j-tuner guys told him 'back to work' lol

Yes mate. Seeing those very fast skylines going down the track makes the IS look sooo slow.

Should be going again very soon though and this time Zee i'm feeling confident :P

Think Zee's fastest in the end was 15.3. So with mapping and fine tuning he should easily be in the 14's :D

Marcus was in 17's but needed that 5th gear.

Barrie also put up a good fight in his car. Would have been nice to see him doing it in the s/cd IS though

I think there should be a couple of videos and some pics :D

The video of mine and Zee's race looks worse on my part than it was :P

Also Zee had a great race at the end with a Scooby :P  :lol:

"a good fight" ....indeed lost against the mighty zee, won against marcus, and got pipped at the post by a crx :whistling:

the ability to not be able to find third gear twice and the wheelspinning in every gear didnt really help :lol:

was a great day, a great friendly day which i think should be repeated very soon

and i might even bring the IS

Will try and get my vids and pics uploaded tonight :)

Great day, good to see everyone and meet MartinC and Bling today :)

Had a lot of fun but now I'm absolutely battered, think I need a good drink after that lot :lol:

I've made a little video of the footage I got of the guys on the drag strip from today, it's not the best quality I'm afraid as it was filmed on my digital camera but it didn't come out too bad!

ftp://locjap:20RFHY4A@ftp.rootshell.be:2121/SantaPod2005.mp4

The video plays in QuickTime and VideoLan - I can't test Windows Media Player as it's totally different on the Mac!

Enjoy :D

Please can this video be hosted admin fellas as this link is only valid for ten days from now? Gold maybe? Thanks

Top day chaps - good to see the usual suspects again - and some new additions !!

I will try and get some photos up a bit later - took 250 throughout the day :blink:

Few good ones in there.

Got a corker of Zee getting slapped by an 11 second scooby :zee: :winky:

Just need to fettle with your map Zee and I reckon she'll be fine. That and the Bov.

Missed the pole dancers though - most disappointing :crybaby:

Sounds like a great day! :D

Excellent Video too Aido!

WOW that Starlet is flipping quick!!! :driving::shifty:

Zee - bad luck against the scooby, it was pretty close (well seemed that way from the video) :ph34r:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk