Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Often Do You Clean Your Car In Winter

Loz

Dear all, how often do you reckon is wise to clean your Lexus in Winter and I wonder of those who claim never to frequent a car wash, just how long that lasts in the next few months??

Me, I use the ARC ( used to be IMO) to clean mine a couple of times a week at least. thinking of getting a hot jet wash for home but seldom there so ditched that plan.

reckon all the cack is bad for your car or just your image?

I am going to use the Rangy as much as possible to save the salt grit and cack on my baby. that is why I have it really at this time of year... still use the Lex for work but odd jobbing is the preserve of the big numb Rangy!

Your thoughts??

Loz

I try and wash "my baby" once a week, but the weather is not always helpful. It makes us feel better seeing our car gleaming on the drive with all the dirty company cars left neglected :sad:

I get mine washed by hand, and chamoised dry for £6.50 at an All American Car Wash nearby (no brushes or bristles).

Or, if I'm feeling lazy, or have a bit of work to do, I give them £17.50 for a full interior and exterior valet, and take the laptop into their waiting room, and sit around drinking all their coffee while they polish up the car!

beats the hell out of doing it yourself!

PS - Loz, don't put the GS through a car wash mate, you are just begging for swirl marks.

I've never taken my car through a car wash and try to wash it once a week (I do a lot of miles so it gets filthy). I can't always be arsed in winter so I get the guys that come to the office to do it like today. £6 later and its gone from filthy to sparkling whilst I sat at my desk reading the LOC forums (would be an extra £6 for inside).

Sorry Matt,

Mine has seen more carwashes than I've seen Condom Vending Machines on public toilets at the services on the M1. and thats a few!

I can probly see swirl marks now if I look but I don't. I did notice that some twonk lowered the garage door down on the back screen pillars though and did a nice little touch up job that I only noticed last week. 3.5 months into owner ship. NOW, if I cleaned it by hand I would have noticed it earlier when the car was all special and been really upset. now I just think, "well at least my anti-roll bar doesn't knock!".........

Loz

Due to Lexus wheels being made from recycled slugs, I try and wash them at least every two days.

The car gets a wash every weekend, and a hoover every month or so (ish :unsure: )

Every two days! blimmy. I don't get home till after 7 each night and the thought of going ourside every other night washing wheels doesn't appeal. Do your neighbours ever comment? Mine do that I'm always outside washing the car and thats only once a week.

Mine gets washed every 3 weeks or so. My car lives in our garage all week though! It only gets driven once during the week and at weekends! I only manage 8000 miles a year! :D It's amazing how much longer my car stays clean in the garage than my wife's that sits on the drive! :D

Due to Lexus wheels being made from recycled slugs, I try and wash them at least every two days.

The car gets a wash every weekend, and a hoover every month or so (ish :unsure: )

Every two days! blimmy. I don't get home till after 7 each night and the thought of going ourside every other night washing wheels doesn't appeal. Do your neighbours ever comment? Mine do that I'm always outside washing the car and thats only once a week.

I finish work at 4, so the neighbours dont think I am too insane :geek:

Washed it twice so far (only had the car a week  ) it's staying quite clean all except the wheels, which seem to be covered in brake dust again after driving a few miles down the road  

Any tips on what to use to keep them clean?

got some stuff from turtle wax

seems to seep them looking shiny B)

called

brake dust barrier

I aim to wash the wheels once a week as the 16" ones have a lovely texture to them which the brake dust welds into. Don't always manage it when I'm busy though. Leave them longer and they are sooooo hard to clean. :angry: Next time I get some tyres I'm gonna resolve this situation. :hohoho:

The car I wash every 4 weeks - it's silver so it takes a lot to make it look dirty. Sometimes it gets waxed, sometimes not. B)

I can't believe that you guy's clean your cars sooooooo much!! B)

My neighbours think I'm total bonkers cleaning my car every 2 - 3 weeks! The bloke over the road has only cleaned his Vauxhal Cavalier twice in the 2 years he's had it! He always takes the ***** that I clean my Lexus so much! I told him that he'd clean a Lexus alot if he had one! :lol:

clean mine once a month.. 4 waxes a year

inside doesnt get cleaned as much.. i hate doing inside! also hate cleaning the windows... :yawn:

Best i have ever seen the car was when i finished preparing it before JAE.. wow.. then drove it 120 miles and the wind must of blown the shine off... :angry:

I bought a diesel powered hot water pressure washer from Karcher...via the internet and it only takes 10mins to do the car really well.The results are excellent and you dont even touch the car at all.Only difference is in the summer when I use a leather to dry them.

Even so I only use it once a week or so to do both cars.

Merry Xmas,

Buzz.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links