Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Happens When

MacRS200

Poxy ***** pheasant flew out of hedge on the way home last night and this is the result.

screen_in.jpg

screen_out.jpg

Can't see where I am going so sitting at home now trying to get it replaced. RAC say Friday, local Autoglass say tomorrow and waiting for National Widndscreens to call back. It's an IS200 screen FFS so it's not like rockinghorse poo

Did you take it home and cook it?

Couldn't find all the bits :lol:

Oh dear that could have been really nasty.... are you ok? it must have been quite a shock.

I'm fine mate, not really a shock as I saw it coming luckily.

Bloody hell mate that must have had one heck of an impact, shame you can't sue the pheasant for whiplash :o

Hope you're ok anyway fella, that must have been a right shock, I once had a bird hit the car and that made me jump so no idea what you were like here!

Poxy ***** pheasant flew out of hedge on the way home last night and this is the result.

screen_in.jpg

screen_out.jpg

Can't see where I am going so sitting at home now trying to get it replaced. RAC say Friday, local Autoglass say tomorrow and waiting for National Widndscreens to call back. It's an IS200 screen FFS so it's not like rockinghorse poo

When I wanted the screen replaced in my old IS (small bullet type hole) before I traded it in it took 2 weeks for RAC to get a screen in that wasn't already damaged. Had to go through them because of my works insurance.

Wow what a smash :tomato: What speen were you doing at the time or it must have been a big bird?

I have had a bird hit the car on the mortor way doing 80mph luckly it was only a small one but did it make me JUMP :o out off my skin.. :sick: thought the engine blow up or something..

Good to see your alright...

dibslpg

actually the altezza and is200 windscreens are different, you may find you dont have the heating elements in yours or the opening for the VIN number on the passenger side....

not a major issue i know, but there are also different screens for the is200 depending on where the rear view mirror is mounted, whether it has heating elements or not, and...if its lhd/rhd or euro/ non eurospec, as non eurospec dont have the vin opening

actually the altezza and is200 windscreens are different, you may find you dont have the heating elements in yours or the opening for the VIN number on the passenger side....

not a major issue i know, but there are also different screens for the is200 depending on where the rear view mirror is mounted, whether it has heating elements or not, and...if its lhd/rhd or euro/ non eurospec, as non eurospec dont have the vin opening

Mat --- you are the anorak I bow to you :D

Had that discussion with AutoGlass (who are doing the job tomorrow), IIRC he said there were 4 or 5 different variations for the IS. My screen has the heater element along the bottom and up the A pillar, the rear view is mounted on the roof. Could be that the heater is not wired as I have never really noticed TBH.

As long as it fits and keeps the rain and suicidal pheasants out I'm not really bothered :lol:

Did you swap insurance details?

No, funnily enough Owen, there was no sign of the pheasant, so I reported it to the police for leaving the scene of an accident in an almost vertical direction. My description was a bit vauge and could have fitted most male pheasants in the area.

Desipte the fact there is a fair bit of bodily fluid on the windscreen the police did not come round and take samples for DNA analysis.

So I guess I will have cough up the excess for a new windscreen, so if any LOC members happen to come across an injured male pheasant hiding in the area please PM me so that I can pursue a civil action to recover the costs.

:lol:

Did you take it home and cook it?

Couldn't find all the bits :lol:

Oh dear that could have been really nasty.... are you ok? it must have been quite a shock.

I'm fine mate, not really a shock as I saw it coming luckily.

Saw it coming? some better suspension and brakes and all of this could have been avoided!!!!! :winky:

Saw it coming? some better suspension and brakes and all of this could have been avoided!!!!! :winky:

I got the car lowered 50mm on Apexi coilovers with adjustable damping, the brakes are stock discs with Mintex pads all round. So brakes and suspension are great.

At that speed on a damp A road and it is 50/50 with a pheasant, the pheasant gets it mate. I ain't going in a ditch or hitting a lorry coming the other way for any poxy bit of wildlife apart from a deer perhaps :winky:

New screen fitted this morning so all sorted out now, and thanks to all for the kind words.

Edited by MacRS200

Just be glad you weren't on a motorbike mate!!!

Too right, came close to hitting a pidgeon once on my bike but managed to duck in time.

I mean bloody bumble bees hurt when they hit you. Another one is the dreaded orange flashing lights of the gritter coming the other way in the middle of winter, that stuff stings as well :o

I got the car lowered 50mm on Apexi coilovers with adjustable damping, the brakes are stock discs with Mintex pads all round. So brakes and suspension are great.

At that speed on a damp A road and it is 50/50 with a pheasant, the pheasant gets it mate. I ain't going in a ditch or hitting a lorry coming the other way for any poxy bit of wildlife apart from a deer perhaps :winky:

New screen fitted this morning so all sorted out now, and thanks to all for the kind words.

Glad you got things sorted. I suppose i cant slag, i reversed into a wall last week! :o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links