Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couldnt Stay Away From The Brand....

TheDon

Well after selling my IS200 a year ago i couldnt work out where i wanted to go.. had a 03 3.2 vectra.. a Navara D40 pickup and even a Volvo S80 2.9 for a short while...

But when i found this i just had to buy it.

A 1999 GS300 Sport with 50,000 on the clock and a full service history.

Its certainly nice to be back in a lexus, as soon as i got in it i felt like i was back home. Back to the comfort and feel that they have.

best thing was the dealer threw in a full service with belts etc all changed.

Just enjoying driving her now..

like the BT advert "its good to come back"

here she is

gs3002.jpg

gs300.jpg

gs3003.jpg

gs3004.jpg

gs3005.jpg

Will be taking that plate off and putting my own on there.. so if anyone knows someone who might want that plate give me a shout

Hi Chris,

car looks great. Glad you like the motor, you got plans for it?

BTW, im sure you know what you are looking at, but if you got it from McCarthy Cars in South East London there were a few dogs there when I went to see a couple there.

Paul

Hi Chris,

car looks great. Glad you like the motor, you got plans for it?

BTW, im sure you know what you are looking at, but if you got it from McCarthy Cars in South East London there were a few dogs there when I went to see a couple there.

Paul

this one never touched the forecourt in the end, came straight as a PX from lexus croydon but as it was out of their age range they got it to McCarthy.. went to see it while it was still being valeted and put the deposit on it there and then.

She seems to be really good so far (touch wood).......

Mods.. of course there are gonna be a few... but only well placed and planned ones. Interior re-trim by D:Class again is on the cards later this year when i work out what i want done.. and a few other bits i want ot explore

Welcome back home

out of intrest what was the navara D40 like 2 drive lol, im not leaving lexus but need a second vehicle for work

Absolutely loved it, awsome power, handling and not bad on the juice either.. make sure you go for a or Aventura though.

Only reason i got rid of it was because i had 3 attempts to steal it outside my house.. and i was worried they were just going to come into my house to get the keys! so sold it.. 3 weeks later someone in my area had one stolen after forced entry into the house while they were there!! so was glad i got rid!

Alright fella! Hope all is well mate!

So you finally got a GS then - looks in great nick there dude - also I think that might have had the seats swapped out - noticed the same with Dave Ellen's Aristo as they've both got the white piping on there?

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one mate - funny actually I was just telling someone about your old motor a few days ago as she loves her JD as much as you do and I need to dig a pic out to show her as she thinks I was taking the mick!

Alright fella! Hope all is well mate!

So you finally got a GS then - looks in great nick there dude - also I think that might have had the seats swapped out - noticed the same with Dave Ellen's Aristo as they've both got the white piping on there?

it's not white piping, it's kindof grey. I have the same in my car.

Looks a nice car, however I thought all GS300 Sports came with the TTE Lip like Maneesh's car?

Yeah I have never seen a mk2 sport without a TTE lip. It was added as standard by the dealer at new, UNLESS the original owner asked for it to be taken off, OR it's had a crash on the front, and someone has just put a regular bumper on.

Looks a nice car, however I thought all GS300 Sports came with the TTE Lip like Maneesh's car?

Yeah I have never seen a mk2 sport without a TTE lip. It was added as standard by the dealer at new, UNLESS the original owner asked for it to be taken off, OR it's had a crash on the front, and someone has just put a regular bumper on.

Its definately had a new bumper on it, as they did say something about hitting a fox.. no damage to any of the supporting structure or the rad so thats the main thing.

Will just have to order a new one up from a dealer.. thankfully a new lexus dealership has just opened less than 2 miles from my house!!! yay

Thanks for the comments guys.. also the piping is a standard thing on the sport it seems, have seen it on a few more of them.

just need a good dry weekend so i can start detailing the engine bay properly and see where i need to start...

plenty to be getting on with... starting with a bit of copper grease on the back of the pads!!

just need a good dry weekend so i can start detailing the engine bay properly and see where i need to start...

plenty to be getting on with... starting with a bit of copper grease on the back of the pads!!

May need the shims replacing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links