Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is The Is200 Still Exclusive On The Roads?

Although now nearly 10 years in the UK; I don't see that many, usually the same 1 or 2 on my usual route to/from work. I tend to see more IS250/220ds in fact and loads of new 3 series (as well as the old one). It might be 'dated' but it's still 'uncommon' for the time span it's been out and I like that exclusivity. What do you think?

Its the ols adage "You don't notice em all till you own one" although I can count the ones I've seen round here on one hand .

I don't care tho I still love em , they all look so nice still , there is one green one round the corner from me and everytime I see it I feel like asking the owner if I can clean it for him , its really not that well looked after , 51 reg green met , sad .

I see about 10 a day, mainly the same ones on the same route, but the odd new one every day too, theres far too many being driven by chavs now tho :(

I see quite a few IS's each day on the way to work, and nearly as many RX's. GS's and LS's seem to be the rarest ones of the bunch and I've only seen a couple of MK1 GS300 Sports in the 10 months I've had mine.

I recently did som research and found out there are a total of 1225 IS200s in Sweden (172 from 2000). Three of them in the town where I live.

To get an idea of how rare they are I compared the numbers to the Volvo V70 which is a very common car, 262882 in Sweden and 1058 in my town.

The total amount of cars in Sweden is 4,5 million.

I see a few, but mostly the same ones locally.

Beemers everywhere, they're common as anything! The 3 series outsold the Mondeo for a few years.

Hilarious - even though the Mondeo is an excellent car and vastly cheaper than the BMW. Yet people buy the BMW because they'd rather have one than the 'common' Ford. Marketing - great, innit?

I see a few, but mostly the same ones locally.

Beemers everywhere, they're common as anything! The 3 series outsold the Mondeo for a few years.

You're gonna see new shape IS cars getting more common too as the fleets start to take them up. Same reason so many base spec 3 series and Mundano cars around. Company cars.

Yeah there a few of them round me. But as most said mostly the same ones too and from work. Ones an Altezza Sportcross (i think its called something else isnt it?) that looks just wrong. I dunno i really dont like the altezza grill mostly lol. Strangely though down my way (wandsworth, sw london) most ISs are driven by women! (Only strange cos from what i can tell most of us are lads.)

most ISs are driven by women! (Only strange cos from what i can tell most of us are lads.)

Maybe us lads are just more inclined to mess with our cars and therefore seek advice here, rather than just drive them.

[Carefully re-reads post to ensure that he's posted nothing remotely sexist]

i think i see one once a week on my way to work tbh and thats still a altezza... does it count lol!

plenty down here in Poole / Bournemouth :winky: 5 or 6 a day here..saw my first Altezza in Poole on Sunday....blue noisy exhaust..Corfe Mullen area...any takers :question:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links