Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Bit Of Kit / Gadgets You've Found You Can't Do Without?

As the IS is loaded as standard with kit - is there anything you've found really useful (e.g. seat heater) which if as an option you wouldn't have never thought of getting.

In 1999 e.g. a E46 BMW 3-series came standard with a cassette deck; the IS had that AND a 6 in-dash (as opposed to in the boot) disc CD!

(.... the IS250 is even better for this question!)

The steering wheel :lol: Sorry couldnt resist :D Do like the folding mirrors as it stops them being kicked off by louts? :huh:

Damn you Chris you beat me to it I was going to say wheels :P I do like the boot release button on the fob it's great for putting the sh :tsktsk: ts up pensioners when they walk past the back of the car :D and yes I know i'll be 1 someday in the very distant future :whistling:

full closure

full leather

cruise control on a manual

speed !

acceleration

cheap servicing

cheap parts

I miss all of the above when I get in the Lexus ..........and out of the Zafira GSI :ohmy:

every single bit is just slightly better than my old car (a 1989 honda prelude), speed, comfort, lights, sound, economy, looks (interior and exterior, my gf still thinks the lude had a slightly better looking exterior but im for the IS), the boot release on the key is awesome :P

only 5 things i dont like,

1) colour, i wish i could have gotten it in black but for the price i got it at it was well worth it (picked mine up for AUD$24,000 while same year same milage etc were selling for AUD$36-40,000, bought it from a ford dealer)

2) The aftermarket cruise control, the old owner had it installed but the controls are two low on the steering and i can hit my knee on it.

3) the gutter rash the previous owner left, good excuse to get the 19" F-Sport rims down the track though

4) Original owner replacing the chrome exhaust tip with a very ugly pipe that looks like it came off a rusty tractor

5) lack of sat nav, but im in the process of trading one with a guy who would rather have the sunglasses container over that sat nav :blink:

Leather/Eskaine(Alcateza(sp?)) seats/panels and heated. LSD on rear diff. 2jz-GE 3.0liter Inline6.

What I dont like is that the back seats dont fold down. :angry:

The steering wheel :lol: Sorry couldnt resist :D Do like the folding mirrors as it stops them being kicked off by louts? :huh:

Do you guys have Power Folding mirrors?

Cant imagine why the IS200 doesnt have a centre armrest!, makes such a difference, Scangauge II has been a great investment as a trip computer.

Mine has a factory fit center armrest

Do you not have power folding mirrors? It was standard fit in the UK, I'm assuming you're not in the UK?

Cant imagine why the IS200 doesnt have a centre armrest!, makes such a difference, Scangauge II has been a great investment as a trip computer.

Autos did have an armrest, and later down the line I think they started fitting them to all models, but yes a strange oversight on the earlier cars.

Quite interested in that Scangauge II, how difficult is it to fit?

My manual 200 sport is a 2004 & it doesnt have one standard, maybe just auto's.

Scangauge is very easy - just plugs into the OBD2 port then route the wire up to the dash wherever you want it & use the velcro tape supplied to stick it to the dash, there's a good post somewhere on it with pictures.

Do you not have power folding mirrors? It was standard fit in the UK, I'm assuming you're not in the UK?

Autos did have an armrest, and later down the line I think they started fitting them to all models, but yes a strange oversight on the earlier cars.

Quite interested in that Scangauge II, how difficult is it to fit?

Not UK, but the US.

No cars in the US have Power folding mirrors, wish we had it though. And I cant buy one of yours, due to reflection in the mirror :winky:

In the US, 01 was the first yr that had the IS. It came as an Automatic with no armrest. 02+ came with an armrest and a manual tranny.

Would miss

Sterio

Sunroof

Powerfold mirrors

Lexus rear lights (Nice bein' the original!)

Could do with

Full closure

Auto wipers

Seat memory

Centre arm rest

Folding rear seats

Heated windscreen

Xenons (Hard to live without once you've had, had to add these!)

Annoying bits

Electric seats (Great gadget but SLOW! Esp after the misses been driving, can't even get in until i've stood outside like a moron adjusting it!)

Heated seats (ONoffONoffONoff)

Error 1 & 3 (WTF?)

Auto lights (Always seem to want them on before they....auto light....Good for tunnels etc. Need DRLs now!

The misses driving it! (The scuffs i keep getting repaired are never here fault though!) :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links