Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, It Had To Happen...

Zee007

Well - it was 8.05 this morning, 0 degrees celcius, and I was waiting patiently at a roundabout minding my own business when......

Some idiot in a pug 206 decided to brake late, skid and drive straight into my back end..... <_<

Looks like a new bumper from initial observations - at least he's insured....

What a great start to my week..... :rolleyes:

sorry to hear that m8 hope your car gets sorted quickly and that whip lash is a bad think m8 get to the doctors , or even still get checked out by the hospital m8 get it down on record it all helps in the end . Just think what you could do with a couple of grand to your motor m8, so what if it takes a couple of years. :driving::driving::driving::driving:

Mmmm not good....

How unfortunate that the impact caught your exhaust too...

Shockwaves from which travelled up to the frontpipes causing them to break.

You better get some different ones fitted.

Check for suspension damage also... very sensitive to collision damage is that.

:shifty::whistling: :zee:

Welcome to the club......very similar thing happened to me 3 weeks ago....I get my car back on Friday!

Sorry to hear it happened.....it is SO frustrating. At least it will all get resolved quickly, and with no fault of your own at all.

When she hit mine (though perhaps a bit harder by the sounds of it), it seemed like just a bumper. A whole new boot floor, new exhaust, new bumper, new tail light and repaired wing later it turns out it wasn't. double check everything.....as I'm sure you will....with a fine tooth comb!

Sorry to hear it happened, but good luck getting it back!

I don't know what's worse - someone doing minor damage or someone doing enough damage to write your car off. Still maybe it's a good excuse to get a shaped bumper and a funky tailpipe.

Hope it all gets sorted quickly. (unlike my accident in June that I'm still chasing....)

Cheers chaps - appreciate the support...

I don't think I'll be going for the whiplash claim - feel guitly....

But taking the car down to the dealer this afternoon to get a diagnosis of the damge....

<hoping that boot floor not creased>

Zee

too right zee...

It pisses me off to why we all bleedin moan about insurance costs when everyone is trying to claim for whiplash... lets all think about that for a few secs.

Sorry to hear about your motor mate

Thats stinks....sorry to hear it mate :blink:

Just think...it's not all bad..... :shifty:

After my accident last year, for some reason the legal team working on my behalf were trying to make me claim for 'other' injuries'. I knew exactly what they mean't (whiplash etc). Sent me 2 letters to confirm my personal injuries plus a telephone call. :yawn: Needless to say, I had no personal injuries and I never claimed for any either.... :)

Good luck with the repairs Zee :zee:

Taking me as an example......

Some stupid *************** drove into the back of me, and I couldn't drive, play in my band, play sports, or even sleep, for 2 weeks because of it. Still it's aching while I work at my desk as we speak.

In my 4 yrs of insurance I have paid over £12,000 to insure my cars. I have legal protection, and so in the first accident I've ever had - I'm going to use it! It's caused me nothing but grief, and may well do for a long time coming.

I truly empathise with you, saying about people moaning about insurance costs. I for one have seen both ends of it......the monumental amounts I've paid for insurance, but then also the stupid girl who drove into my car and gave me 2-3 weeks of hell.

Personally thoug, I don't think insurance costs are high. Sure, compared with other countries they are, and I'd be the first person to want to pay less........however, look at it this way:

I paid £900 to insure my lexus this year. If I drove it into a tree (i.e, my fault) the company would have to pay out, say £5,000 to fix my car. It seems like one hell of a risk for the insurance company to take!! The only reason, I guess, that they manage to stay in business is because of the sheer numbers of people that DON'T claim. OTherwise.....if 70% of their policy holders claimed, they'd be stuffed!!!

Just my thoughts anyhow. There's lots of different ways to look at the big insurance debate, dependign not only on your own personal experience, but also your status....i.e. age, car type, etc.

Though....I, without doubt, join those who stand up and want cheaper car insurance!!!

Tony

Taking me as an example......

Some stupid *************** drove into the back of me, and I couldn't drive, play in my band, play sports, or even sleep, for 2 weeks because of it. Still it's aching while I work at my desk as we speak.

In my 4 yrs of insurance I have paid over £12,000 to insure my cars. I have legal protection, and so in the first accident I've ever had - I'm going to use it! It's caused me nothing but grief, and may well do for a long time coming.

I truly empathise with you, saying about people moaning about insurance costs. I for one have seen both ends of it......the monumental amounts I've paid for insurance, but then also the stupid girl who drove into my car and gave me 2-3 weeks of hell.

Personally thoug, I don't think insurance costs are high. Sure, compared with other countries they are, and I'd be the first person to want to pay less........however, look at it this way:

I paid £900 to insure my lexus this year. If I drove it into a tree (i.e, my fault) the company would have to pay out, say £5,000 to fix my car. It seems like one hell of a risk for the insurance company to take!! The only reason, I guess, that they manage to stay in business is because of the sheer numbers of people that DON'T claim. OTherwise.....if 70% of their policy holders claimed, they'd be stuffed!!!

Just my thoughts anyhow. There's lots of different ways to look at the big insurance debate, dependign not only on your own personal experience, but also your status....i.e. age, car type, etc.

Though....I, without doubt, join those who stand up and want cheaper car insurance!!!

Tony

real claims fair enough.. but made up claims are even worse.

Of course insurance is high.. but then who claims every year?

Its like gambling.. the odds would be worse if everyone won something.

I have been driving 15 years and not 1 claim.

Good call Steve.....made up claims are just terrible. I see all the programs from the States that have blokes lifting sofas and such like, and then limping into the doctors to get their personal injury claim. They actually go to jail for that !!!

Difficult and wide spread debate this one, but a good one nevertheless!!

Anyhow....big topic hijack. Sorry about that Zee!!!

Mucho good luck with getting your car sorted ASAP. try not to be too angry about it - at least everyone's alright!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links