Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Servicing Intervals

Damer

Should we go with timescale or mileage? 

Had car about a year now, it has only done about 5k miles in that time. Also was quoted almost £500 for a service. It just seems excessive.

I could get it serviced at local, well trusted garage, but it would not have the Lexus Stamp in the book.

13 minutes ago, Damer said:

Had car about a year now, it has only done about 5k miles in that time. Also was quoted almost £500 for a service. It just seems excessive.

I could get it serviced at local, well trusted garage, but it would not have the Lexus Stamp in the book.

Use your trusted garage after the expiry of any warranties not before. Then it is up to you, but I too would go with timescale.

• Like 1

I think it really depends on the extent of the last service really ...........and the timescale .................. I maybe would be rather circumspect and only service certain items, like maybe NOT replace the air filter and save maybe £50 and perhaps other items that would readily last for double that 5k mileage .........  but does depend on what was done last time and if at your mileage plugs say might be scheduled for change ......... doubtful on this specifically I guess

Basically, can you trust what was said to have been done at your last service, was it done as scheduled etc ............ I know just having had this 2 / 3 ? year old car for just a year you can only trust what you've been told about it's two ? prior services 

Maybe, just maybe, if you're keeping this car for many years you might want to go with a fresh approach and have the full ( trusted ) servicing done and then, next time, be rather circumspect about your future servicing needs bearing in mind miles covered and your peace of mind and wallet ! ..... and continuity of Warranty etc

Malc

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Damer said:

What Lexus service was quoted for at £500 for the CT, you should have been quoted for the 30000 miles or three years at £235. (2019 car?)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Moleman said:

What Lexus service was quoted for at £500 for the CT, you should have been quoted for the 30000 miles or three years at £235. (2019 car?)

Unless your mileage is nearer 40000 in which case a Lexus dealer would quote for the 40K service at £435.

As above - if you are looking at Lexus franchised dealers just check the Lexus website for prices - Lexus Vehicle Servicing & Maintenance | Lexus UK  - scroll down the page and select your model to see each of the annual / 10K services for the 10 years / 100K miles. If your Lexus dealer is quoting more than this show them the website, or go elsewhere:

LEXUS SERVICE PRICING
Our Lexus Service Pricing covers all the services required on your Lexus during the course of its life. The price includes any labour required, genuine parts and VAT.

No need to shop around
With transparency in mind, you’ll pay exactly the same competitive price at any participating Lexus Centre on vehicles of all ages. Prices start from £235 on certain models.

Life-long care for your Lexus
From the Intermediate at 10,000 miles right through to the Full 100 at 100,000 mile and beyond, services include inspection items, adjustments and replacement of lubricants and filters at the specified time and mileage.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

As above - if you are looking at Lexus franchised dealers just check the Lexus website for prices - Lexus Vehicle Servicing & Maintenance | Lexus UK  - scroll down the page and select your model to see each of the annual / 10K services for the 10 years / 100K miles. If your Lexus dealer is quoting more than this show them the website, or go elsewhere:

LEXUS SERVICE PRICING
Our Lexus Service Pricing covers all the services required on your Lexus during the course of its life. The price includes any labour required, genuine parts and VAT.

No need to shop around
With transparency in mind, you’ll pay exactly the same competitive price at any participating Lexus Centre on vehicles of all ages. Prices start from £235 on certain models.

Life-long care for your Lexus
From the Intermediate at 10,000 miles right through to the Full 100 at 100,000 mile and beyond, services include inspection items, adjustments and replacement of lubricants and filters at the specified time and mileage.

That is what I thought. £500 for a service on a car that is a 2019 Plate, we have had barely 12 months and it has done only 5k miles, seems excessive.

7 minutes ago, Damer said:

That is what I thought. £500 for a service on a car that is a 2019 Plate, we have had barely 12 months and it has done only 5k miles, seems excessive.

From the website, depending on when in 2019 the car was registered and assuming less than 10,000 miles a year it will either be £435 (for 2 year 20K miles) or £235 (for 3 year 30K miles). The 5K miles is immaterial as if less than 10K miles a year then you have to do an annual service anyway. 

• Like 1

The Lexus service regime does not take account of low annual mileage. In late July, I had the 4 year/40 k mile service done at just 28k miles ish. This service included diff oil change etc.

I have a Kawasaki GTR1400 motorcycle which has both annual and mileage based services which avoids changing stuff prematurely with low mileage, but it can get a bit messy when items changed at specific mileages become due between annual services.

Incredibly, despite this, servicing my bike is more expensive than my GSF! In 2k miles time it’s due 26.5k valve tolerance check/adjustment. Around 1200 quid alone without a service - they virtually have to dismantle the bike! Major services are anything up to 800 pounds plus. 

Typing this has made me realise that I really need to review my hobbies!!

22 hours ago, Damer said:

Like others, I go for timescale to coincide with the MOT.  Have you considered taking out a three year service plan where you pay monthly.  It doesn't work out any cheaper, but it does spread the cost over that period - and it means you get the RELAX guarantee included.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Damer said:

You are being offered sound advice here especially around Relax. My advice is negotiate! If you are willing to pay, as I did, three services ahead there is scope for reduction. Furthermore, as I mentioned previously pay for it with a credit card thus you are covered for any eventuality and if you get a 0% credit card it can be spread over a couple of years. Amex had a good cashback offer but check first if the dealer accepts Amex. 

On my service plan I also get discounts at Lexus for MoTs and parts (can be maintenance such as tyres and wipers or for repairs - BTW Lexus always undercut the local tyre dealers in my area) which all adds up over the years. I am not sure whether this discount is specific to my dealer and the service plan I signed with them or across all Lexus service plans as it's not mentioned on the Lexus website so worth asking if you are thinking of getting a service plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barry A said:

Like others, I go for timescale to coincide with the MOT.

absolutely no point losing use of your car for more than the one day a year when all can be sorted ( hopefully ) ....  whatever your car

Malc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

You are being offered sound advice here especially around Relax. My advice is negotiate! If you are willing to pay, as I did, three services ahead there is scope for reduction. Furthermore, as I mentioned previously pay for it with a credit card thus you are covered for any eventuality and if you get a 0% credit card it can be spread over a couple of years. Amex had a good cashback offer but check first if the dealer accepts Amex. 

And lest we forget Old Bean, the tactic ( negotiation ) can also be used successfully  with our friendly local Inspector of Taxes !🤣🤣

52 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

And lest we forget Old Bean, the tactic ( negotiation ) can also be used successfully  with our friendly local Inspector of Taxes !🤣🤣

As Michael Cain never said, "not many people know that" 🍻

I’ve only done 1123 miles since my last service a year ago. Just booked it in and although technically I should have a full service Lexus said it was ok to have an intermediate. Saving me £190.  They also assured me that I’ll still be covered by my extended warranty. 

• Like 2

I would always get my car done at Lexus because a Lexus is a luxury brand and you had to weigh up the costs of the maintenance. I would buy a service plan as it’s a lot cheaper. I would get the service done at the dealership as it’s a 2019 car and still under warranty. Furthermore you will get Lexus relax. Also currently you might get a profit on the car if you sell the car due to a chip shortage. 

Happy with mine last March I signed another fixed price contract for 3 years.

This includes 2 x Major Services and 1 x Intermediate service for the fixed price of £1155. I pay direct debit interest free monthly payments of 33x£35

Suits me like that, no tax on my year. insurance is cheap as is fuel. Never had a car fault but it is covered on warranty, I feel the service payment means I need not worry about finding any large sums of cash in a hurry, just go with the flow 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poundy said:

Happy with mine last March I signed another fixed price contract for 3 years.

This includes 2 x Major Services and 1 x Intermediate service for the fixed price of £1155. I pay direct debit interest free monthly payments of 33x£35

Suits me like that, no tax on my year. insurance is cheap as is fuel. Never had a car fault but it is covered on warranty, I feel the service payment means I need not worry about finding any large sums of cash in a hurry, just go with the flow 😊

A good deal Norman and a smart move.

My 10 year deal comes to an end early in `23.

• Like 1

Definately agree with a Lexus Service Plan! I took mine out when purchased my 2016 CT Executive in July 2019 from Lexus Birmingham.

4yr plan includes services x4 (30k/3yr, 40k/4yr, 50k/5yr, 60k/6yr) and x4 MOTs including fuel treatment = £1299.35. After the first two monthly payments which were £116.34, then followed 38x £29.63 mthly DD interest free.

I feel it's good value and piece of mind, plus as I have mentioned before Lexus Birmingham have been great so far in all areas! 👍🏽

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links