Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Points

mudzs

Following on from the m4 cameras thread how many of you have points on your licence and was it the speed cameras that were to blame .just thought it would be interesting to see how many of us have been affected by the cameras

mine is clean at the moment but i have been banned twice ,once for totting up my points and the other for racing my wife on a public road ,we both got a ban . :crybaby:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clean

Clean. But very lucky. Got clocked on birmingham dual carrigeway doing 102, slowing down...

Got the ticket and sent it back the next morning, NEVER HEARD ANYTHING BACK!!! :driving: :D :P :lol::shifty: :winky: :whistling: B) :zee:

G.o.d was looking down on me that day :innocent:

That was over 1 and half years ago. Still clean.

Bit more careful now. My brother just got 2 month ban. Was doing 120MPH on a motorway. Was incredibly lucky just to get 2 months.

Still, when a police chief who had launched a safety camera partnership got clocked doing 82 in a 40 zone, it shows you what a joke the system is.

Hypocritical :tsktsk: 's

-------------------------------

Anti-speed police chief clocked at 82mph in 40mph zone

By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter

(Filed: 17/04/2005)

The head of the Metropolitan Police traffic division faces disciplinary action after being driven in a marked police car at 86mph - at times at more than twice the applicable limit - because he was late for a meeting.

Chief Supt Les Owen, who has launched a series of anti-speeding campaigns in recent years, was being driven in busy built-up areas of north-east London on his way to collect a colleague for a meeting at the force's traffic headquarters near Buckingham Palace.

The vehicle, a Vauxhall Omega, sped along parts of the North Circular and surrounding roads at 82mph in a 40mph limit. The vehicle, which occasionally used its emergency siren, hit its top speed of 86mph in a 50mph limit.

Details of the case can be revealed by The Telegraph - five days after Mr Owen's police driver successfully appealed against an earlier court decision to give him six penalty points on his driving licence.

The penalty was reduced to three points for Pc Mark Bradley, 44, an officer with 25 years in the force.

Road safety campaigners were incensed yesterday that a police car, not attending an emergency, had been driven at such a high speed.

Mr Owen is the subject of an internal police inquiry and one of the issues that will be considered is whether he should bear any responsibility for the speed at which Pc Bradley was driving.

The chief superintendent has not been accused of a criminal offence and he is expected to deny acting improperly if he is accused of misconduct. Mr Owen launched a campaign called London Safety Camera Partnership 18 months ago, which involved new digital speeding cameras for an accident black spot.

In a speech at the time, he said: "We aim to educate drivers first and foremost about the hazards and repercussions of speeding."

The scheme was launched with the support of Roadpeace, a charity that supports bereaved and injured road crash victims. Bob Gale, a committee member, said at the launch: "The tragic fact is that nearly all fatalities and injuries on the road are preventable.

"These are not accidents - they are caused by appalling, irresponsible behaviour, speeding being one of the most common infringements. A speeding vehicle is a lethal weapon."

Yesterday Dr Gale, 69, a retired research chemist whose son Luke, 21, was killed on his moped in a collision with a speeding motorist in Bristol in 1999, said he was shocked by the disclosure involving Mr Owen.

"Police officers must lead by example - like Caesar's wife they should be above suspicion," he said. "There is no excuse for a police car to be travelling at this sort of speed in a non emergency."

20 March 2005: Police put brakes on speeding patro

had 3 points for speeding but they are off now (does that count as clean) and i remember the days when if you got caught speeding and it was a clear road you got a telling off now it doesn't matter so long as they get their revenue

I got caught doing 125mph on the m6 one night got pulled and got a right rollicking then spent half an hour letting them have a play with the car because they realised no one was about so it was only me i was technically putting at risk mind you they were about the only descent west mids cops i ever met

Was clean, i think i got done this morning at 4am about 55 ish in a 40, one of them oblong ones with 2 lenses in, i didnt see it flash , but i dont know if them type have to,

them type :)

Steve,

Clean as a whistle.. :whistling:

Tony just out of interest, how long were your bans?  :crybaby:

Me and the good wife got a month each on the same day at court for racing ,i was never gonna catch her she had a lancia beta 2l twin cam and i had a 3 litre capri .got pulled over on a stretch of dual carrigeway ,she was doing 90 and i was doing less :lol: .copper on a bike got us .the other one was a year ban for totting up of points and two weeks at a not very nice place :crybaby: which i apealed against and got the ban reduced and let out of the not very nice place after a short while :lol: .must add i was a lot younger and a lot stupider at the time .

had 3 points for speeding but they are off now (does that count as clean) and i remember the days when if you got caught speeding and it was a clear road you got a telling off now it doesn't matter so long as they get their revenue

I got caught doing 125mph on the m6 one night got pulled and got a right rollicking then spent half an hour letting them have a play with the car  because they realised no one was about so it was only me i was technically putting at risk mind you they were about the only descent west mids cops i ever met

I have got a clean licence now ....... did @ one stage have 5 points, due to my stupid driving when I was 17 ...........

Anything over 100mph is an instant ban, thank your lucky stars the coppers were in a good mood :D

I got caught doing 125mph on the m6 one night got pulled and got a right rollicking then spent half an hour letting them have a play with the car  because they realised no one was about so it was only me i was technically putting at risk mind you they were about the only descent west mids cops i ever met

I have got a clean licence now ....... did @ one stage have 5 points, due to my stupid driving when I was 17 ...........

Anything over 100mph is an instant ban, thank your lucky stars the coppers were in a good mood :D

lol i know but then (way back when) it was taken in context i imagine if it had been a busy day i would have got the lot but there was no one about for miles and it was 3 in the morning but the point still remains would they do the same today, i doubt it. Without getting on at the police i have experienced more uninterested (i won't say bad) than good west mids have alot to do with this because they pulledme every day for a week because i drove a alpina at 21 until i threatened harrasment but in the same sentence i can say i got pulled in corby because of the same car but they had the descency to say because it was i was young and they don't see many alpinas (they also said my illegal numberplate looked better than the legal one lol)

I have alot of time for the police i knew a few in the local town but i wish they had either the good sense or freedom to exercise their own judgement

3 Points, with 3 on the way maybe (i'm not sure who was driving so i'm gonna ask for the photograph to help me jog my memory) I can't remember which was one of us was in the Lex that day as we're always swapping our cars which we're both insured on :crybaby: .

The other 3 points was 2 years ago on the Fireblade and was a "Safety" camera van in a 50 limit, which was always a 60 zone the previous 15 years at least. (My fault, familiarity breeds contempt I suppose) but i've noticed there are less speed limit signs than there used to be in areas around speed cameras. It's almost as if they want you to speed through their cash registers, I mean Safety cameras. :blush:

Currently clean ^_^

Have been pulled over a couple of times before apprantly for speeding. Both times in my first car - a G reg 1.1 Fiesta!

Both were at the crack of dawn :ph34r: (on way to Heathrow) apparantly doing over 30 in a 30 zone... Thing was I was concious of not being sure of the speed limit, so stuck to 30 anyway. They calimed they worked it out doing a speed-gain calculation based on how long it took them to catch up with me... :o

4 Points doing 99mph on the M62 on the way back from Hull back in 1999, not sure if the points still stand now, but was caught with a road side cop car at the time, never do i drive more than 80mph nowaday... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links