Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Gone Wrong With Your Is Since You Bought It?

What has gone wrong on your IS since you bought it?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. IS 200/300 Issues

• Gearbox/Engine
    • Electronics
    • Squeaks and Rattles
    • General Niggles
    • No Problems :)

Hi folks,

I've had my IS200LE for just over 6 months now and I love it to bits :D . Unfortunately, it's probably been the least reliable car I've ever owned :mellow: , with numerous visits back to the dealer since I first bought it.

I'm curious to know what everyone else's experiences have been like. Has your IS been pefect, Niggly or had allot of problems?

I've added a poll above. Comments welcome.

Thanks

Stiggy :driving:

erm, there's no option in your poll for "no problems" :)

I'm on my second IS now. First a 200 now a 300. And neither have ever had a problem - never missed a beat.

Isn't that the point of a Japanese car? ;)

I'm on my second IS now. First a 200 now a 300. And neither have ever had a problem - never missed a beat.

Sorry Hando, well spotted...just updated :)

Sorry Hando, well spotted...just updated :)

I've had my IS200 Sport for 6 years and it's not missed a beat, the only unscheduled maintenance being a new Battery about a year ago...oh nearly forgot, a front shock replaced under warranty (Lexus replaced the the pair) and all four wheels replaced under warranty due to the corrosion issue. :) No problems with the 250, and not expecting any....

Sorry to let the side down!!!! I love my car but recently the central locking sensor has failed £400+ labour, ball joints need changing and one fog light needed replacing but I still love it and dont plan to change it - even though it drinks for England!

Hi folks,

I've had my IS200LE for just over 6 months now and I love it to bits :D . Unfortunately, it's probably been the least reliable car I've ever owned :mellow: , with numerous visits back to the dealer since I first bought it.

I'm curious to know what everyone else's experiences have been like. Has your IS been pefect, Niggly or had allot of problems?

I've added a poll above. Comments welcome.

Thanks

Stiggy :driving:

gearbox, wheels , brake calipers, shocks and discs replaced under warranty

oh and the ignition lock had to be replaced as it jammed

My engine managment light came on so i needed a new oxygen sensor for the exhaust and have needed a new clutch but thats just down to wear and tear or the wifes bad driving :whistling:

ball joints, tracking/geo, front fog light, cd player, front driver speakers, bonnet clamp, sat nav screen..... is what i have fixed, I still have to work-out/fix the squeak when i drive over 55mph, the clonking passenger side shocks/suspension, a loose fan belt [i think its that] and on full lock a loud screech.

but other then all of that, i love the car, i love to drive it, i love the way it looks, i love its handling, it costs me alot, but im happy to pay! [costs so far for repairs and maintenance @ £2,025.10 in 11months at 15k miles]

I had real problems with mine I think I need to check where I park it.

1st. someone broke in and replaced my Gearknob & Cigarette Lighter

CigaretteLighterFinal.jpg

2nd. someone broke in and replaced my Stereo with an awsome Alpine/JL Audio set up

JLAudioBootInstallNightime.jpg

3rd. someone broke in and replaced my Airbox with a TTE one and put a Supercharger on as well.

SuperchargerUnit.jpg

4th. someone broke in and replaced my interior with Full Leather from an IS300

LeatherInteriorWithCenterArmrest.jpg

5th. someone broke in and replaced my wheels with IS250 Sport rims

New18sWIM009.jpg

I think I need to lock my IS200 up more securely :P

On a more serious note, an Auto Gearbox seal was replaced under warranty

as was 2 Headlights and 1 Fog Light & a Water Pump over the last 18 months of ownership

Seems overall I've been faily unlucky then so far I've had:

1) The car had to go back straight from delivery with mis-aligned steering and unbalanced wheels (mentioned this before the pickup but was not sorted)

2) Replacement (swap out) gearbox due to drumming noise in 6th Gear - Neither the warrany company nor Lexus UK would pay for this so in the end the dealer had to source me a second-hand gearbox at their expense from a similar mileage IS.

3) Driver and passanger heated seats failed - Took 4 weeks to get the warranty company to pay for the repair...and then further issues while the correct seats were finally delivered - nice result now though having brand-new seats in a a 4 year old car :D

4) Head-light level sensors (failed over new-year's drive to london). Headlights went bezurk, and were constantly changing their angle causing other road user's to flash me - currently awaiting a date to take the vehicle in for repair for that.

I sat down and worked it out that since I've bought it with the time waiting for each of the repairs (particularly the seats which took a long time to sort out), my car has been with the dealers 6 weeks in total since I bought it...particularly with the time taken to sort the gearbox and seats :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links