Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Headlights

stevebish

Do you use your Automatic Headlights?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your Automatic Headlights?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have them on, cuase I like them switching off when I get out of the car @ night, but I do feel a t*t when I go under a bridge and they flick on and then off when I come out :unsure:

but I do feel a t*t when I go under a bridge and they flick on and then off when I come out :unsure:

NO NO NO,

thats the best thing about them, I always used to think did that merc driver just turn his lights on and off for the tunnel etc, but no I know B)

I don't use them - perhaps that make me a control freak - who knows ...

Hate the idea of a mistaken "flashed to let me out" senario.

I tend not to use them.

As others have said they can come on when you are in the shade (and I go under a railway daily and they always come on in the 2 seconds it takes to get thru!)

Also when they come on they change the sat nav screen to the 'night time' view which is difficult to see until it is nearly totally dark.

• 3 weeks later...
Nope, don't use them either. Going under bridges puts them on and you end up getting this look from drivers coming towards you like "what the .... are you flashing at"

Also, they appear to take ages to come on when going through tunnels.

that ALWAYS happens to me! then people pass you and look at you weirdly...

:)

I always use the auto setting, but I find myself turning the lights on, as you guys say, in early morning and evening hours. The system seems to take forever to respond, and does not seem sensitive enough to me... On top of that, California law requires you to have headlights on an hour before dusk to an hour after dawn, in addition to anytime fog or precipitation is present.

The auto setting is nice, but I find I end up switching them off manually when I reverse onto my driveway at night, to avoid blinding the neighbours through their living room window.

• 11 months later...
You'd have to be a pretty stupid driver to think that, the type that would probably just pull out without looking anyway, even without the lights coming on.

hello gys;

I used to drive a Towncar with Auto lights, But when i got this Lexus es300 1992 I used to forget the lights on. So I got a drained Battery.

Can Anybody know if there supposed to be a warning beep like the one for the windows.

lest me know if it has an auto lights also :)

I sort of use mine - they stay on auto and I keep the sensor covered so the lights are on if the ignition is on. Light help get you seen, even in daylight.

Auto lights won't neccessarily come on in fog - and that's a pet hate of mine, people think because it's bright that they don't need lights, or that side lights will make a difference.

I Always use them...had same thing on my BMW previously but think the BMW worked better, it switched on the headlamps when wipers (auto wipers also) were on. Lexus does not do this which I thing is a bit of an oversight as I think it is safer to have headlamps on when it is raining.

One excellent feature on teh Lexus is that you dont have to switch "off" then "on" to activate...this used to drive me nuts on the BMW, BMW said it was so the car did not wipe when blades frozen to the windscreen..like I said a pain. In the Lexus I switched ona dn now leave it alone.

I don't bother, simply because I was always told to have as little electrics on as possible when starting the car. Less stress on the battery or something like that.

Think your are taking that a bit toooo ofar, electronics these days use very little current...I work with semiconductor manufacturer who supplies microcontrollers to the automotive industry and the current consumptions will not affect something like starting.... maybe years ago but now now..

Never used mine, i go under a few bridges in my area, the auto lights make you look like a geek, you've turned your lights on, to go through a 15ft tunnel ;) .

I always use auto lights. I realised how 'automatic' they had become recently after my mum had driven the car and switched the lights off - I was confused as to why I had no lights when I switched on, didn't occur to me to turn the switch myself!! On the whole, the lights switch on at appropriate times, and I've never had problems with people thinking I'm flashing them. Wouldn't be without them now (or without remote boot opening, one of my favourite things!)

Amanda

Maybe ,my IS200 is to good for me, i've never used the heated seat either or the headlamp washer ( well i say i've never used them ,tried them once ,just after i polished the car :angry: ) :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links