Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Installed a dash cam yesterday, it is Nextbase 622W. The installation happened at Halfords, can't fault the guys, they did a good job!

Glad to hear it.

However, you may have noticed another recent post in which dashcam fitting at Halfords gets a less favourable review.  Obviously,  much like dealerships, a lot depends on the individual competence of the fitter.

Maybe there’s a case for identifying which particular locations perform best - and worst!

Or is this already available elsewhere?

Opened the bonnet and topped up the screen wash, quite the biannual event. Once by me, once by the dealer at service time.

I remember when I had to do it almost weekly....

50 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Opened the bonnet and topped up the screen wash, quite the biannual event. Once by me, once by the dealer at service time.

I remember when I had to do it almost weekly....

Yes, it can be a mentally taxing and physically exhausting job, especially if you go the extra distance and give the top of the tank a wipe as well.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Yes, it can be a mentally taxing and physically exhausting job, especially if you go the extra distance and give the top of the tank a wipe as well.

Steady on Renato 🤔 need to keep something back for next month 🤣

• Haha 1

OMG I've been given a Xmas pressie from this local company

B Clean Valeting .....  bcleanvaleting.com  ................  for Friday 21st January at 12.30pm 

and it includes the hard carnauba wax treatment too ...........  whatever that may be ??

At long long last the dear old lady is getting the tlc she deserves ................  wonder how she'll appear at the end of that glorious day 

Malc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LenT said:

Glad to hear it.

However, you may have noticed another recent post in which dashcam fitting at Halfords gets a less favourable review.  Obviously,  much like dealerships, a lot depends on the individual competence of the fitter.

Maybe there’s a case for identifying which particular locations perform best - and worst!

Or is this already available elsewhere?

Hi, I haven't had any issues with Halfords cameras installation, I have used them 3 times now and at 2 different branches and every time it was done very well and bot guys sounded like they knew what they were doing. So far I have praises only to Halfords.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Malc said:

OMG I've been given a Xmas pressie from this local company

B Clean Valeting .....  bcleanvaleting.com  ................  for Friday 21st January at 12.30pm 

and it includes the hard carnauba wax treatment too ...........  whatever that may be ??

At long long last the dear old lady is getting the tlc she deserves ................  wonder how she'll appear at the end of that glorious day 

Malc

Malcolm, make sure you take photos before and after, would be good to see the difference! I also checked the bccleanvaleting, they do 20% discount in January, I wish my local detailing shop have that! 🙂

• Like 1

Car was used a bit over Xmas and was sitting at half a tank so I topped it up. £60 later I thought to myself it was not that long ago £60 would have filled both my Range Rover and Jaguar XJ8 and probably enough left over for a bar of chocolate 😳🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BMCWP said:

Car was used a bit over Xmas and was sitting at half a tank so I topped it up. £60 later I thought to myself it was not that long ago £60 would have filled both my Range Rover and Jaguar XJ8 and probably enough left over for a bar of chocolate 😳🤣 

Yeah, I filled up on my way back from family visits at Xmas and she took £119 of E5/97 (76 litres @ £1.57) :scared::mad2:
To be fair I'm not too upset as my car fuel bill for the last 12 months was only just over £1000.
When I was commuting I could easily do £80 per week (over £4000 per year).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BMCWP said:

and probably enough left over for a bar of chocolate 😳🤣 

yeh but in those days a bar of chocolate was only 2/6p ..............  it's now £3.50 ( Cadbury's 360gm Dairy Milk  most supermarkets  😵 )

Malc

We have like 10inch of snow today, so I took kids to school, I only have done this as I have an all season tyres and wanted to see how they perform on snow. No issues whatsoever driving down the hill or up the hill but other drivers on half worn summer tyres do ***** me off!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malc said:

yeh but in those days a bar of chocolate was only 2/6p ..............  it's now £3.50 ( Cadbury's 360gm Dairy Milk  most supermarkets  😵 )

Malc

I've only recently realised they have reduced the sugar content in chocolate - walkers and mccoys have also reduced salt in their crisps - a treat is longer the same any more

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I've only recently realised they have reduced the sugar content in chocolate - walkers and mccoys have also reduced salt in their crisps - a treat is longer the same any more

I mistakenly ordered a Christmas Gift for myself---2 kilos of chocolate covered Brazil Nuts.

Big nuts surrounded by masses of chocolate--boy what a lucky mistake.🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I mistakenly ordered a Christmas Gift for myself---2 kilos of chocolate covered Brazil Nuts.

Big nuts surrounded by masses of chocolate--boy what a lucky mistake.🤣🤣🤣

I would love to make the same mistakes! I love nuts and if they are covered in chocolate it is even tastier! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

We have like 10inch of snow today, so I took kids to school, I only have done this as I have an all season tyres and wanted to see how they perform on snow. No issues whatsoever driving down the hill or up the hill but other drivers on half worn summer tyres do ***** me off!  

10 inches? I am a lair! 10cm I meant, sorry!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

yep like my 2/6p should have really been 12.5p ............ and degrees C could still be in Fahrenheit too I guess ........  easy to get befuddled here down in the South BUT for you Scots well, I never :whistling:

Malc

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vlady said:

Many years ago a stupid crashed into me on snow. Her excuse was that since her 4x4 still accelerated well on snow she thought (???) it would stop better as well.
Luckily there was no real damage and I wasn't in a homicidal mood. 🤣

I do love driving on snow. It's a proper challenge and fun in a big empty carpark.
The only snow we get down here most years is when one of the TOWIE lot sneeze :rolleyes1:

• Like 2

Took kids this morning to a Soft Place and on a way oncoming Toyota Avensis smashed my offside mirror and broke indicator lens! Does anyone know if it can be changed separately from the Mirror Assembly and what part number that would be?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Sorry to heat that Vlad.  Not having the best of luck recently, are you?

I had a quick look and all I could see was this aftermarket part from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994809824.html

To be honest, if it were me and I couldn't find it separately then I would be looking for a second hand one to swap either completely or for parts.

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Sorry to heat that Vlad.  Not having the best of luck recently, are you?

I had a quick look and all I could see was this aftermarket part from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994809824.html

To be honest, if it were me and I couldn't find it separately then I would be looking for a second hand one to swap either completely or for parts.

Good luck. 

I have no idea what it is with my luck Shahpor, I was hoping all the dab would be left in 2021! 

In situation like that even dash cam won't prove anything. I found so far the part number 81730-76010 GSP4Phase 4 Mirror Indicator Lamp RHF for £82!!! from lexusdirect!

I will check your link too, thank you very much! The used one will be considered as well! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vlady said:

Took kids this morning to a Soft Place and on a way oncoming Toyota Avensis smashed my offside mirror and broke indicator lens! Does anyone know if it can be changed separately from the Mirror Assembly and what part number that would be?

Vlady, so sorry to read that.

Did the Avensis Driver stop and acknowledge the incident?

Did you get his number or can you recognise the vehicle?

Did you catch it on dashcam?

Whose fault was it ?

....or aren`t you bothered ?

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Vlady, so sorry to read that.

Did the Avensis Driver stop and acknowledge the incident?

Did you get his number or can you recognise the vehicle?

Did you catch it on Dashcam?

Whose fault was it ?

....or aren`t you bothered ?

John I know it was a black Avensis with 16 plates, dash cam do not show number plate clearly as it was raining and the windscreen was covered in water droplets, useless! 

No, I wouldn't call insurance, I don't want another claim and pay another £700! Other driver did not stop, neither did I, as I managed to pop the mirror body back in place, it worked so i was not worried much, only when I stopped at my destination and checked the damage I noticed that the indicator lens is broken.

I checked the camera and it looks like the other car was within its lane ( a bit close to a centre line) but because the road so narrow all it would take just 20-30cm to a centre and you would hit another car mirror which is what happened. I believe I was in my lane and had plenty space but it takes a moment of distraction on a road like that to be drawn too close to oncoming traffic.

Anyway, will call Lexus tomorrow to check the price and then will check with Breakers UK if they have it. Lexus Direct wants £85 for it.

Good thing I managed to remove it from the mirror so I know it can be changed separately from the mirror assembly no matter what Lexus dealer might be telling me, I assume they will be willing to sell to me a whole mirror assembly!

I guess I am still going through black line in my life! 😞

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links