I thought that this was really worth a mention.

I recently went up to Lincolnshire for a few days and i did just over 600 miles in total.  The journey up from Exmouth was 280 miles and the run back was more or less the same.  I drove at the speed limit where possible which obviously included A roads and motorways giving the whole range of speeds but mostly 50, 60 and 70mph, with the odd zip up to 75+ when necessary.  The figures on the dash display showed 47.5 on the trip up and 46.2 on the run back home.

I know that it's accepted that the figures shown in-car are a little optimistic but, even allowing for that, I am really pleased with the return.  That coupled with the lovely comfortable drive/ride gives me great pleasure.

If I win any money at any time, I will be going for  the RX next, tis a big IF though methinks.

• Like 3

Yes the in car figures tend to be optimistic. I have conducted brim to brim mpg calculations from the day I took delivery and the average to date is slightly over 41. This is from a broad mix of driving - City, Country and Motorway. Just returned today from a 400 mile journey through South West Scotland and the dash display is showing 46.8 but expect that in reality this will be c43 to the gallon. Very happy with this and in excess of the new standard WLTP figures for the NX. 

c.39 over 2k. miles in Sport+

Tel

On 9/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, bluenose1940 said:

I thought that this was really worth a mention.

I recently went up to Lincolnshire for a few days and i did just over 600 miles in total.  The journey up from Exmouth was 280 miles and the run back was more or less the same.  I drove at the speed limit where possible which obviously included A roads and motorways giving the whole range of speeds but mostly 50, 60 and 70mph, with the odd zip up to 75+ when necessary.  The figures on the dash display showed 47.5 on the trip up and 46.2 on the run back home.

I know that it's accepted that the figures shown in-car are a little optimistic but, even allowing for that, I am really pleased with the return.  That coupled with the lovely comfortable drive/ride gives me great pleasure.

If I win any money at any time, I will be going for  the RX next, tis a big IF though methinks.

OBC figures are generally in the range of 5-8% too optimistic.

Just driven 750 miles through France where National Speed Limit (on non Motorways) has been reduced to 50mph and it makes for a considerable reduction in fuel consumption.

Was parked behind a Black 19 Reg NX on the Shuttle to Calais.

Your figures are very good Geoff.

I have been keeping a check on both our LC500 and NX300h fuel consumption comparing on OBC and actual brim-to-brim usage.

As you say, the LC is about 6% more economical on the OBC than actual usage. The OBC indicated figure overall is about 26 MPG so if you knock 1.5 MPG off for the error, I reckon I am getting a real 24.5 MPG.

Interestingly, the NX is almost spot on OBC to real usage. The error is only 0.3% (this being better on the OBC). We are averaging 38.4 MPG at the moment on mixed driving. For us this is 3 to 8 miles locally with occasional longer A road runs.

I am new to Lexus cars and have only put up 1000 miles on our 300 h with 2 drivers,one trying to save and the other just driving .the car has only15,000 miles done and is a 2016 luxury model.

we have averaged 44.7 fill to fill.I am very happy with it

• Like 2

That is pretty good going and I am not surprised that you are happy with that. 

I know I am a bit late replying but after a month with my 2016 15,000 mile NX I decided to try the sport + and put it to 6 gear  and I am astonished at it, it is doing 42 + mpg and I have the Rev counter on all the time & it is going to ev more often .

Has Anyone tried this