Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Official New 2006 Is Topic

I wanted to like this car so much. All I can say is YUK YUK YUK YUK YUK. :crybaby:

Like has been said so many times before, it looks like a mix of loads of different cars - accord, bmw, GS, alfa, mazda, etc and has lost any identity the original IS had.

Still, all good things come to an end as they say.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well it doesnt matter if we like it of not, cars in production ........like a load of old laydees.

its called moving on, yes the "Classic" IS200 was great, this is the next thing along,

and i still think it looks great :D

Got to agree with mat.

I love it, looks stunning and i want one :driving:

The new IS 250 diesel is a beauty, the design is flawless and very sexy, I'll definitely upgrade my IS 300 to the new version in Jan 2006! After driving the IS300 it has been very hard to chose a car from the market as nothing really compares in style, performance & driver satisfaction as the IS300. I think the new model might just top that!!! I'm really excited and can't wait to test drive one.

Sonia :D

well it doesnt matter if we like it of not, cars in production ........like a load of old laydees.

its called moving on, yes the "Classic" IS200 was great, this is the next thing along,

and i still think it looks great

Of course it matters...peoples likes and dislikes control the sales of a car!! The fact that you like it is great....good for you....and for the people that don't like it, when they have had enough of their 'classic' IS200 they will 'move on'....probably to something different or even different brand altogether!

Remember everyone here can form their own opinions....for whats its worth it has grown on me a bit since yesterday and I do think that it looks smart....but when the day comes for selling up I don't like it enough to buy one!

P.S I have just noticed that they stuck an orange indicator lense in the rear light clusters :sick: .....thats not very cool!!

actually, taking a second look since my first look on the new IS since yesterday, the new car is starting to grow on me!

but i gotta admit this new IS still won't be able to look up to the current or 'classic' IS...

it will be interesting to see how the new IS can/will be modded...

Unsure looks like a Honda or Hyndai coupe. Need time to get used to it, does make the current IS look a bit angular and dated. Like the interier, similar to the RX, though I quite liked the "pop up" sat nav.

I agree it looks quite like the new Accord. Not too keen on the wood inside but black wood may be better. I like it though....but the rear lights look a bit tame.

maybe....... but your money isn't :D

Looks good  :D

And where is the diesel auto option - I hear that just like Jag and Honda the diesel engine will be manual only.

There won't be an auto because it won't help you :)

Diesel driving is like opening a bottel of soda....... pfffffffftttTT! .... and all power is gone

:tomato:

:D :D

maybe....... but your money isn't :D
Looks good  :D

And where is the diesel auto option - I hear that just like Jag and Honda the diesel engine will be manual only.

There won't be an auto because it won't help you :)

Diesel driving is like opening a bottel of soda....... pfffffffftttTT! .... and all power is gone

:tomato:

:D :D

maybeee....... but your money isn't :geek:

I appreciate everyone's entitled to their opinion, but must say I'm amazed at the general level of negativity towards the new design. I know there's a lot of love for the existing design, but come on guys it is looking really dated now. Try putting some shots of the existing IS next to the new one (exterior or interior) and surely you can see how dated the old one now looks. This new one is WAY better.

And for those who are unsure if it stacks up well next to the new BMW 3 or Audi, here's

another interesting exercise you might care to try.....

Go to the Autoweek Geneva page and then click through the whole series of photos for the new IS. Then do do the same for the 2006 BMW 3 Series, and then for the Audi RS4.

Do it in whichever order you like, but surely you have to admit it.... Which of these cars looks more classy, looks more expensive....... both outside and inside?? Sorry, but I reckon the new IS is head and shoulders above the competition!

I love it, but am just worried I won't be able to afford the new IS! Looking forward to confirmation of model variations and UK pricing.

Gareth

I appreciate everyone's entitled to their opinion, but must say I'm amazed at the general level of negativity towards the new design.  I know there's a lot of love for the existing design, but come on guys it is looking really dated now. Try putting some shots of the existing IS next to the new one (exterior or interior) and surely you can see how dated the old one now looks. This new one is WAY better.

And for those who are unsure if it stacks up well next to the new BMW 3 or Audi, here's

Go to the Autoweek Geneva page and then click through the whole series of photos for the new IS. Then do do the same for the 2006 BMW 3 Series,  and then for the Audi RS4.

Do it in whichever order you like, but  surely you have to admit it....  Which of these cars looks more classy, looks more expensive....... both outside and inside?? Sorry, but I reckon the new IS is head and shoulders above the competition!

I love it, but am just worried I won't be able to afford the new IS! Looking forward to confirmation of model variations and UK pricing.

Gareth

well said

I appreciate everyone's entitled to their opinion, but must say I'm amazed at the general level of negativity towards the new design.  I know there's a lot of love for the existing design, but come on guys it is looking really dated now. Try putting some shots of the existing IS next to the new one (exterior or interior) and surely you can see how dated the old one now looks. This new one is WAY better.

Go to the Autoweek Geneva page and then click through the whole series of photos for the new IS. Then do do the same for the 2006 BMW 3 Series,  and then for the Audi RS4.

Do it in whichever order you like, but  surely you have to admit it....  Which of these cars looks more classy, looks more expensive....... both outside and inside?? Sorry, but I reckon the new IS is head and shoulders above the competition!

Gareth

Thats a brilliant idea, after comparing all those cars, the IS looks even better than it did to start with! The 3 series really looks quite awful, I'd really like to hear reasons behind someone making that choice :blink:

I'm also totally amazed by the spec, with things like smart entry being standard (does any other car of this size have this even as an option?). And then there's the options list, ventilated seats, dvd changer, pre crash system, adaptive cruise and I'm sure there's way more - all things you normally see as 'options' on bigger cars!

Have any of the people in the know had a drive in one yet? Lets hope it wipes the floor with the 3 series cos so far its already done so in every other way :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links