Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Place To Visit....

MrADeveci

Are there any members here from Wales, or has anyone been to Wales for a short weekend break ?

It's to make a 76 year old granny happy ............... so not really for the young at hear like me :D

It will be for around March 2007 time ..................

Cheers.

Are there any members here from Wales, or has anyone been to Wales for a short weekend break ?

It's to make a 76 year old granny happy ............... so not really for the young at hear like me :D

It will be for around March 2007 time ..................

Cheers.

going for a more mature woman Ahmet :tomato::question:

as it's for your gran, i would recommend St Davids nr Haverfordwest, she would love st davids cathederal and abbey, some spectacular coastline and coastal walks around there too, there's a beach at 'Newport' nr Fishguard where you can take your car on to (it's no pendine though, just a 1/2mile beach). Theres lots of cottages for rent or chalets or caravans in all parts of pembrokeshire. To give you some idea of distance, Haverfordwest is approx 2hrs from severn bridge.

Thanks so far people, I don't know where to go ... so anywhere really.

It's for my gf's nan ... as she has wanted to take a weekend in Wales for a long time.

So anything with nice views .... or places to go ?

Cheers

Try Portmerion near Portmadog if she remembers the Prisoner. It's also close to Snowdonia, Cricieth, Pwllheli and even Anglesey.

i agree, just steer clear of prestatyn, rhyl

Edited by Monster-Mat

Try Portmerion near Portmadog if she remembers the Prisoner. It's also close to Snowdonia, Cricieth, Pwllheli and even Anglesey.

Its very nice around there indeed. I've spent quite a few long weekends around those places. We used to stay near Portmadog in a rented cottage and then go walking / mountaineering and rock / ice climbing all over Snowdonia. some very lovely views. Also some very high mountains too :duh:

• 4 weeks later...

and pembrokeshire (inc Tenby!)

We went there in the summer and it was awful....

We spent a weekend in Tenby a few weeks ago. Its was idyllic. Kids played on the beach, we walked round the harbour, took a horse drawn trap ride, stuff like that.

we went a month ago, its nice and there is pembertons chocolate factory, cheap, small but chocolate was very nice. we just traveled around the area and went to the verry tip at angle aswell (friends live there) it very nice scenery. we did a few things and I cant for the life of me remeber them now, we just went through the leaflets and picked what we fancied. pembertons was tasty though!

Craig

Living in North Wales, I am, of course biased :D

However I did have an office in Cardiff, and lived in Chepstow and worked all around South Wales for several years. North Wales is, in my opinion far nicer scenery wise.

We have REAL mountains here ( 20 mins drive from my house into Snowdonia range ) none of those grassed over coal slag heaps :o

If you come this way matey, wifey and I would be glad to meet up and show you the sites...we NEVER tire of driving the area :D

PS we also have the best ice cream factory /outlet in THE WORLD ( Cadwalladers of Criccieth )

LOL! Was in Towyn in September, Rhyl (3 miles away) can best be described as a $#!+hole, desperately in need of investment.

Living in North Wales, I am, of course biased :D

However I did have an office in Cardiff, and lived in Chepstow and worked all around South Wales for several years. North Wales is, in my opinion far nicer scenery wise.

We have REAL mountains here ( 20 mins drive from my house into Snowdonia range ) none of those grassed over coal slag heaps :o

If you come this way matey, wifey and I would be glad to meet up and show you the sites...we NEVER tire of driving the area :D

PS we also have the best ice cream factory /outlet in THE WORLD ( Cadwalladers of Criccieth )

great area.been up snowden and some great views from up there :D

LOL! Was in Towyn in September, Rhyl (3 miles away) can best be described as a $#!+hole, desperately in need of investment.

Yep...you're not wrong I am afraid - however pretty much everything west ( I am thank *** ) and south is Okeydokey bootiful :)

Oh and of course remember that the roads around here were just made for driving :)

Our other car positively gloats every time we take it up the llanberis pass etc :) :) - and Lexy gets a good workout on the flappy paddles too :) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links