Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Ls430 For Sale Than Ls400

hahahahahaha ......... just read somewhere that the Ls400 engine is FAA approved .............. you can send me into space with mine at the end for me.

( one of the very few Federal Aviation Approved lumps you can put straight into a plane )

Malc

ps, guess I'll be keeping mine to the bitter end regardless and without discrimination for old age ....... the car that is, not just me :innocent:

I've been saving up to replace my 12-year-old smart car with a newer one for commuting to work and running around town, but when its rubber band eventually goes twang I think I might replace it with another old banger and keep the money to spend on my Lexus instead - not that it needs much except for a cambelt change next year. It'll be 17 years old in a couple of weeks but is ageing very well and I doubt I'd ever find another one like it now.

Just seen an 333,000 miles on e bay for £2000. He is called Baz who I almost bought a car from him this time last year. He loves his Lexus and a very nice guy.

i am after a LS400 myself but afraid not at that mileage!!!!!

I just sold my LS400 last week and bought the 430. I miss it already. True japanese Luxury musclecar :phone:

Improved steering and suspension, endless list of extras and gadgets in 430 cannot outweight the looks, style and reliability of the well maintained 400 with black leather interior..

• Like 1

I know baz, he is a very nice guy but can't seem to make up his mind which lexus he likes, I remember he doesn't like the ls430 because it has so many issues and prefers the ls400, yet he bought 2 ls430's and is now looking for another one, but I think he's asking too much for the ls400 he's selling now, it might be mint etc but I remember buting my last ls400 which was an X reg with only 101000 miles for £1950

yeah I think he just sells and buys them for love of ls400 and ls430. he has had some really nice ones in past. I probably buy my next ls of him as i don't live to far from baz. good luck with his sale anyway

Maybe the LS400 getting scrapped or are we keeping them a lot longer?

There are still more 400s on the road than 430s, so there must be another reason, no idea what though.

How many left website says the following

LS400 - 2831 taxed and 674 SORNED, LS430 - 2153 taxed and 84 SORNED, so approximately 50% more 400s.

hahahahahaha ......... just read somewhere that the Ls400 engine is FAA approved .............. you can send me into space with mine at the end for me.

( one of the very few Federal Aviation Approved lumps you can put straight into a plane )

Malc

ps, guess I'll be keeping mine to the bitter end regardless and without discrimination for old age ....... the car that is, not just me :innocent:

I like the sound of that, so I'll be fitting wings and a rear stabiliser and changing the auto shift from PRND21 to Park,Taxi,Take off thrust,V1, Rotate. :)

Malc

I like the sound of that, so I'll be fitting wings and a rear stabiliser and changing the auto shift from PRND21 to Park,Taxi,Take off thrust,V1, Rotate. :)

and upgrading your licence!

There are still some really nice 400s out there but as someone as posted the chances of getting one are very slim as the population of earlier models diminishies the later ones are very much a premium car to own for the outlay , members who disposed of thiers regret it and the keepers learn from that.

Merry Xmas and a Happy new year to all members.

• Like 1

I have no plans to ever sell my mk4. I'm beginning to appreciate it more, the longer I own it . I know it's 'only a car', but owning it has proven to be the best driving experience I've ever had in over 40 years on the road. Been in Mercs, Beemers, Cadillacs etc, nothing compares, in my view.

• Like 3

I have no plans to ever sell my mk4. I'm beginning to appreciate it more, the longer I own it . I know it's 'only a car', but owning it has proven to be the best driving experience I've ever had in over 40 years on the road. Been in Mercs, Beemers, Cadillacs etc, nothing compares, in my view.

I sold my LS400 last year and whilst it was the right decision for me at the time, I really missed owning such a car and as superb as my Audi A8 was, as a total ownership and satisfaction proposition it just didn't compare to the Lexus

My recent LS430 purchase is filling the void very nicely now and although I did have some air suspension issues with this car, I am now really starting to enjoy the whole ownership experience again #satisfiedlsowner

I sold my LS400 last year and whilst it was the right decision for me at the time, I really missed owning such a car and as superb as my Audi A8 was, as a total ownership and satisfaction proposition it just didn't compare to the Lexus

My recent LS430 purchase is filling the void very nicely now and although I did have some air suspension issues with this car, I am now really starting to enjoy the whole ownership experience again #satisfiedlsowner

Me too. I think the LS430 is a fab car. I may consider a later GS at some time, but today we were out in the 430 and just enjoyed wafting along. I also found the rear blind was great when the low sun came through the rear window!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice LS400 on LPG.

On ebay asking £3495. Is this worth it guys

Saw this on eBay and thought it was a nice looking example. If everything is OK with the car and the LPG then you value £2k for the car and the best part of £1200 for the LPG to be installed if you were to go down the route of buying another LS and getting LPG installed.

Baring in mind what people are saying about these cars are just not around anymore then as fas as I can see the price is in the right ball park.

You will only know if you go and see the car. Ring the guy and see what inperession you get of him. Good luck Mike.

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-LEXUS-LS400-MK-IV-AUTO-LPG-98K-FULL-SPEC-17-ALLOYS-S-HIST-/151525709931?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2347a2d86b

Searching eBay to find this car was a surprise.

They really have dried up haven't they?

Only seven for sale, and two of those are silly priced imports at £7.500 and £12.500!!

I agree with Bluesmans post, although I would prefer to buy a good car and get the conversion done myself.

That might be easier said than done though, with nice ones getting very rare, it seems.

Glad it's your decision not mine, good luck.

At least one of those silly priced imports has cloth seats, which seem well out of place. I would have thought that these would depress the price

Well, the Japanese didn't use to like Leather seats in limos, I believe, so Velour WAS luxury to them.

Don't know if it's changing nowadays.

In summer, it can get sticky on leather! I use a wood-bobble seat cover-just like Taxis!

Except THEY nip your legs when you get in car wearing shorts/bathing costume!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links