Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Ls400 26000 Miles

So is the seller a member on here, the advert would seem to suggest so, but you'd think we'd be familiar with the car if he/she is.

Opinions will vary on the price, but if it is as described, I doubt there's a better one for sale anywhere, and I'd certainly prefer a UK car, with exceptional and easily verifiable history, to those high priced imports on eBay.

Fine looking car BUT it's not really going to be useable is it ??? Unless you want to get a speck of dust over it and not get any pleasure from driving ........ just my simple view.

My 1995 car is in pretty good nick at 166k miles and mountains of Lexus history too ........ difference is I use my car ( lots ) and don't mind it being worth just about bugger all tbh

Malc

Fine looking car BUT it's not really going to be useable is it ??? Unless you want to get a speck of dust over it and not get any pleasure from driving ........ just my simple view.

My 1995 car is in pretty good nick at 166k miles and mountains of Lexus history too ........ difference is I use my car ( lots ) and don't mind it being worth just about bugger all tbh

Malc

Same here Malc, I've just said much the same to Mrs V.

10 out of 10 for someone that knows how to advertise a car with plenty of pics and info.

I hope they get as close to the asking price and before I am shot down in flames remember for every car that is sold for good money will have the affect of raising the value on your own beloved Lexus.

What a great looking car, showroom condition. Mike.

Yes, great looking car and a very good advert for it.

It is good to know that there are still cars like this around - looks from the photos to be in really exceptional condition.

I would have been interested to see a photo or two of what it looked like underneath.

Just had another look.

For anybody, like me, that looked earlier today, he has since added more photos, plus a twenty minute video of the car, and it really does look superb, and probably worth it's asking price to the right buyer.

As Malc said earlier though, it's too good for someone who parks in B&Q or Tesco to do their shopping, Imagine coming back to find a shopping trolley nestling against your freshly scratched door, makes me shudder at the thought.

• Like 1

Just looked to see if it had gone yet, and the pics have disapeared, to be replaced by photobucket symbols.

Clicking on a symbol took me to his photobucket account, where there are 207 photos of the LS if you're interested!!

A quick member search confirmed that the seller is a member, albeit a bit lapsed, not been logged in since 2012.

Just looked to see if it had gone yet, and the pics have disapeared, to be replaced by photobucket symbols.

Clicking on a symbol took me to his photobucket account, where there are 207 photos of the LS if you're interested!!

A quick member search confirmed that the seller is a member, albeit a bit lapsed, not been logged in since 2012.

Just cannot help thinking that this is not a private sale, although it might appear to be !!

A private sale will be without warranties/ guarantees, notwithstanding the high price.

Regards

John

• 1 month later...

I bought this car. I deliberated for a good while because I knew the price was high but finally decided to buy it as I figured it is older (20 years young) and yes I could get a high miler for sweet money but this car had full Lexus history and I mean full documented history. It has been over serviced considering the mileage it has done. A high miler is more likely to come with hidden surprises and after a bad experience with a BMW 740 and a Jeep my wife would go nuts if I bought a shed (yes I still might have bought a shed but I doubt it).

My good lady wanted me to get a boring nearly new car and I even went and looked at a few car yards but I didn't want to spend £20 grand on something that would be worth £15k next week and less again the week after. Plus whatever I bought wouldn't be as refined (or have a lovely V8 - I do love a V8). So the high price was justifiable in my mind. Isn't exactly a glut of low mileage LS400s out there in near perfect nick so you have to dig deep when one becomes available.

I took it for a short drive over very bumpy Edinburgh cobbled streets and their wasn't a rattle or bump to be had. Nothing to indicate abuse or hiding anything. It isn't without its faults however. The stereo has the dodgy pixels and the plastic cap on the fuel filler release has snapped off(anyone got one laying about pm me please?). Not so concerned about the radio as I will replace it with a modern double DIN.

On the radio front can anyone tell me where a adapter cable can be had which will allow the use of the factory amp?

Oh the other thing that helped was that I have history with the seller. I bought a VW Bora from him a few years ago and that motor was a cracker. The chap is a gentleman and seems pretty straight down the line. Apparently Edinburgh Lexus offered him strong money for it. More than my original offer and he had another buyer from down south who apparently missed out on it when it was for sale last year. He's going to be gutted he missed it again. Oh and the chap I bought it from asked me to let him know when I was selling it on again because if its still in excellent shape he'll have it back (but not for about a year).

welcome to the club

only one thing when i read about putting a double din i thought Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

the ls400 has a perfect stereo and yours is a very rare car - keep it original - the fix is very simple and costs peanuts!

all the best

You are right and if I can get the pixels fixed then I will keep the factory and get a Parrot or something similar to allow a plug and play Bluetooth A2DP fit. Will look on the Autoleads site to see if they have a harness.

Anywhere in the UK that I can get the Pixels repaired or the parts so I can do it myself? Been looking but it is hard to find the wood through the trees sometimes.

.. excellent, well done ........ . I lost track of the price tbh ........... how much did you pay in the end.?

The Mk3 is a tad better than the Mk1 and Mk2 ( as one might expect ) and could last you for ever if you wanted. ..... I think mine will for me

Yesterday I was parked alongside a very fine looking 89,000 miler J reg ( 1971 ) Rover P5, wow, what a beauty. ( personal experience, not so great to drive etc, maybe it's the elderly technology .......... or lack of any )

Hope my Ls400 is still going strong at 45 yrs old ( the car that is, well me too, I'll be 90 then ............. aghhhhhhhhhh !!! )

Malc

You are right and if I can get the pixels fixed then I will keep the factory and get a Parrot or something similar to allow a plug and play Bluetooth A2DP fit. Will look on the Autoleads site to see if they have a harness.

Anywhere in the UK that I can get the Pixels repaired or the parts so I can do it myself? Been looking but it is hard to find the wood through the trees sometimes.

Cartronics,co.uk

Clusterrepairs.co.uk

Youtube

Regards

John

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links