Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing Sound!

I have to say, although it is annoying, it can save your skin sometimes.. once or twice when i've been in a rush and/or frustrated i've accidently shoved it into reverse, and if it wasnt for the beep, i wouldnt of known..

Just play your music louder mate..

It has saved me too - but where is the actual speaker - is there anyway to tone the noise down a tad rather than simply silencing it ?

(ifraz @ Jan 9 2004, 11:40 AM)

The reversing sound has saved me a couple of times

Saved me and Ifraz :P !

Day I picked up the car I'm sitting at traffic lights with Zee in front and Ifraz behind me and I kept missing first and hitting reverse. I'm sure Ifraz who known me for all of 20 minutes must of been sitting there sweating :ohmy: when my reverse lights kept popping on :lol:

I felt such a :duh:

I thank Lexus for the beep everytime I use it!! :D

(ifraz @ Jan 9 2004, 11:40 AM)

The reversing sound has saved me a couple of times

Saved me and Ifraz :P !

Day I picked up the car I'm sitting at traffic lights with Zee in front and Ifraz behind me and I kept missing first and hitting reverse. I'm sure Ifraz who known me for all of 20 minutes must of been sitting there sweating :ohmy: when my reverse lights kept popping on :lol:

I felt such a :duh:

I thank Lexus for the beep everytime I use it!! :D

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. :lol:

The palms of my hands did start to sweat a little, especially as I knew you were an ex Saxo driver (boy racer type) :D

• 10 years later...

I have searched around the web for a solution to this "problem" and couldn't find any, just several unsolved forum threads.

So I thought I'd try myself. On the different forums people seem to agree sound came from the instrument cluster, so I took it apart, located the speaker inside, found the two pins on the printboard belonging to the speaker, heated up the soldering iron and got rid of it, worked out perfectly.

if you guys don't wanna get rid of it for good, you could just solder in some wires between them and connect a simple switch on one of the wires.

another idea is to solder on wire and connect them to a 12v LED or bulb and put in the spot for reverse bulb on automatic cars, then you light up a "R" in the instrument cluster every time you hit reverse!

know this is 10 years old but if anybody still wonders, this is the solution, hope it helps ;)

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

Here's the speaker:
DSC_0136.jpg

Here's the two points you wanna solider off:
DSC_0137.jpg

Here its gone :)
DSC_0139.jpg

The speaker:
DSC_0140.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links