Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Dealer Par Excellance

Julncamp54

I have bought many new cars over the years from different manufactures and dealers but my latest purchase the new Lexus ES 300 Takumi from Lexus Preston put a car purchase and handover experience up,to another level completely for customer satisfaction . If I may indulge in my experience….. Since retiring last year I had the  2018 variant of the Lexus ES300 the Premium model  dark blue  and was  quite happy with the car, I learnt that in 2021 a new variant had been introduced with significant improvements so I thought Id just pop into my local Lexus dealer to have a look and see if they had one in the showroom. I was met and welcomed to the showroom by the senior sales executive James who went out of his way to show me the new model  features without any pressure of sale, it was a fact finding visit of 2 hours but I left impressed with the possibility that this might be a worth while purchase if the deal was right; and the approval of my dear lady wife. On my next visit along my wife and I were warmly welcomed and greeted by personal name offered refreshments  and allowed to take our time and closely inspect the new ES 300. As long I chose dark blue again I had my wife’s approval!  So off to the  big Display screens of model configuration to choose The Takumi version Color dark blue , cream upholstery grey interior with walnut inlays  drop dead gorgeous …….to cut a long story short I had such a significant amount of positive equity in my current car a deal was struck and the car was ordered in November 2021. Lexus link and the dealer kept me  fully informed from the ordering stage, to build, to transit, to dealer delivery and we finally collected  the car yesterday. ( 22/03/2022)

At handover we were welcomed by name by the centre reception  and waiting for us in the handover booth was James with all the final paper work ready to sign. After a personalised presentation of the car and it’s features and fuelled by several  cups of their superb coffee and biscuits the time had come for the big reveal in the handover bay, and  there bathed in soft white light in the middle of the, floor stood our brand new ES 300 car sparkling with its flawless deep blue paint., perfectly prepared waiting for us …….James went through the new features of the car, maps radio media , set up apple phone and Lexus link so they all talked to each other and we completed  a rather longer test of the superb Mark Levenson sound system.  I was introduced to all the team members at Preston and was treated  not just as customer  but as a new  family member at the centre. We were genuinely thanked for choosing them to purchase our Lexus.
I cannot praise the whole team at Preston high enough for their tireless dedication to a wonderful customer experience and to the personal and friendly welcomes  we were given at all our visits. 

From my experience if you you want a purchase experience par excellance  Preston Lexus is definitely the place to visit.

• Like 12

Congratulations on your new steed Julian, you'll have to get a couple of photos up here for us to see.

I was in Lexus Preston on Monday for service and MOT and I have to agree, the staff are excellent.

I have had my NX serviced twice now at Lexus Preston.

I have only dealt with reception and service staff and I agree that they offer a friendly, warm and very efficient service. I look forward to going there for my next car purchase.

oh but this wonderful experience could extend to other of life's experiences .......  and expectations

simply " old fashioned " customer caring attitudes that quite simply have evaporated over the years .........  putting it down to societal non-caring and maybe poor understanding of life's " mores " ............  

Well done to Lexus Preston .  wonder where they taught the staff those skills eh ! ......  maybe some special Lexus School of Understanding !   or more likely some " old boy ( or lady ) " with exceptional marketing skills methinks

Julian and lady, you will now be long time Ambassadors for the team at Lexus Preston  ..  may the coffee and bikkies flow well at every visit :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it may be Japanese culture where respect, courtesy, discipline and a willingness to please others still appear to be human traits which are then modelled into Toyota employees across the world.

Knowing many people who work at their factory in Derby the culture is certainly evident there. 

• Like 2

Reading this review can only help reinforce one's decision to buy Lexus. I do find that all too frequently the dozy individual you are obliged to deal with has zero customer skills and frankly doesn't deserve to win your business when they did precious little/nothing to earn it!

• Like 1

I have had similar experience with Lexus Edinburgh. It was way back in 2017 when I had the opportunity to have a 24 hour test drive of the NX which resulted in a purchase of the same model in 2018. Customer service and the car has been outstanding since then and meant that my recent upgrading to a NX 450h+ was an obvious decision. 

Handover of the car last week was  an event to be savoured!

• Like 3

I couldn't agree more; Lexus Preston are excellent.  An example of their fair play and superb service if you please:

IsF  2012 due for 60K service ( The expensive one ). The service manager checked the records and advised me that the spark plugs etc had already been changed at the 54K service, so no need for the expense.

Due to the full service record it was only due an interim service which saved me  many £s.

On the other hand, my son has a 2019 Volvo S60 T5 which I gave him, it had done only 3500 miles by me. He was informed that at the 2 yr service he must change the plugs. What ?§!* .  Despite arguments he was told that if he did not comply then the warranty on possible engine issues would be void.... Over £700 for that service.

Lexus recommend 60K between plug replacements. Volvo was told this and replied that their plugs are "special".

Just who is kidding whom? Or am I missing something here?

PS I still think the T5 is a lovely, capable car, but now I would think twice about ownership........

• Like 1

Consistent customer experience and reliability of the vehicles are the two main reasons why I keep buying Lexus cars. I did consider switching to others at time, but the (relatively) poor reliability of German competitors and the lack of interest of dealership staff mean that I will continue buying Lexus cars. 

My local dealer is Lexus Southampton (Hedge End) and the quality of service you receive there echoes what you have experienced in Preston.

• Like 3

I concur and that's why I'm on my 6th Lexus with the 7th on order...

I dabbled with another brand (BMW) once during that time and regretted it wholeheartedly, so never again!

• Like 1

Great customer service experience entirely Co systems with my own.

I have now owned 6 Lexus models, 9 across wider family and currently have 2.

Consistent care and attention really on a different level to others and you can be assured the dealers will be fair and try and be interested and helpful, rather than tick you off as another number visiting their shed that day.

I will post a recent outstanding experience I have had at Lexus Sidcup on the LS forum shortly but echoes everything above. 

• Like 2

A recent example of the great service I get from Lexus Woodford......

I ordered a cargo mat for my NX from them and received a call from Karolina in the service department to say that it had arrived. "When can I come and pick it up?" I asked. "No problem - you're fairly nearby, I'll get one of the drivers to drop off it to you" came the response. It was dropped off 30 minutes later.

• Like 5

Agreed all around , picked my new ES FSport up from Lexus Wolverhampton yesterday and can only sing there praises. Full tank of fuel , Flowers for the wife and a nice new Lexus Jacket for me. Big shout out to Nakeeb who keep me updated with timings etc and was great to deal with 👍

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Amyatt79 said:

Agreed all around , picked my new ES FSport up from Lexus Wolverhampton yesterday and can only sing there praises. Full tank of fuel , Flowers for the wife and a nice new Lexus Jacket for me. Big shout out to Nakeeb who keep me updated with timings etc and was great to deal with 👍

Was it an Alan Partridge Lexus jacket?

Alan-Partridge-DVD-TV-Castrol-Style-Bomber-Jacket.jpg

and I've not been there for many years .... possibly in my Mk1 Lexus or even prior, sometime in the last century maybe :wink3:

Am I thinking / remembering those blocks of flats each possibly being built on the site of a single glorious house too ?

a very wealthy area in its day methinks

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links