Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone had back issues because of the seat back?

I've just watched a YouTube video of some bloke with a newish RX450H who complains his shoulder blades hurt because of the comfort pack in the driver seat. Has anyone here suffered the same?

I've had a RX450H f sport and not once did I have an ounce of discomfort when driving it and not even when I did a 3 hour drive.

Below is the video. I'll be Intrigued by your replies. 

• Like 1

I have an older 450h and have to say it's probably the most comfortable car I've driven.  I do 2-3 hour drives every couple of months, and have done a few 6 hour plus journeys in Europe and have had no discomfort at all.

Yes mine was a 62 plate. But I'm wondering because the car in the video is quite new hence I'm interested in what owners of the newer ones think. 

Did comfort take a dive from older series cars to newer ones!

I have had a 2011 RX then a 2017 RX now a 2022 RX Premium Sport ... all three have been the most comfortable cars I have ever owned... that includes a Range Rover.

• Like 2

In 5 years plus of owning my 3rd Gen RX450h no issues  back issues whatsoever ( Have had minor back problems in the past ) including twice a year 450 mile journeys, lots of short journeys,.

A completely different experience from previous brands access in / out is in my opinion unsurpassed,  only adds to the overall comfort.

My other half says  exactly that too-so whose to argue !!!,

Quite Simply the most comfortable car I have had the pleasure of owning & one of the reasons I intend keeping it.

• Like 2

I find the seat and general comfort excellent, the main reason why I bought it as I have a back problem.  If the mod shown works, that is great for the owner.

It's like getting comfortable shoes.  For most people a certain shoe might generally be found to be most satisfactory, but a certain individual might have a slightly unusual shaped foot or a problem such as Plantar fasciitis which requires orthotic  insoles to make it more comfortable.

• Like 1

The CT has probably not the most comfortable seats in world, but they are excellent.

Memory for 3, 1 for my wife, 2 for me, 3 to get out of the car easy for my wife.

Nissan 280 ZX and 300 as well were maybe better looking but was younger then and all was more comfortable.

Have now driven our 2014 RX450 for over three years.

Neither my wife or I have ever suffered a moment's discomfort - (and I'm a fussy b*gger when setting the driver's seat!)

18 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Nissan 280 ZX and 300 as well were maybe better looking but was younger then and all was more comfortable.

I briefly had a Nissan 300ZX turbo with a targa roof as a company car back in the late 1980's.It was very fast,in a straight line but was hopeless on corners and didn't feel at all rigid.I think the guy who had it before me crashed it or hit a kerb very hard.

I persuaded my boss to get rid of it and replaced it with a BMW 325.It again was rapid in a straight line but was (slightly) more controllable in corners.

Back to the point..my RC seats are very comfortable..the best I've had, just a slight bit better than my wife's old Mazda CX7.

9 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

I briefly had a Nissan 300ZX turbo with a targa roof as a company car back in the late 1980's.It was very fast,in a straight line but was hopeless on corners and didn't feel at all rigid.I think the guy who had it before me crashed it or hit a kerb very hard.

I persuaded my boss to get rid of it and replaced it with a BMW 325.It again was rapid in a straight line but was (slightly) more controllable in corners.

Back to the point..my RC seats are very comfortable..the best I've had, just a slight bit better than my wife's old Mazda CX7.

The one we had was steering in a perfect line, straight and in curves. Excellent. With glass roof on or off. Not like the 1984 Toyota Supra that was unable to be driven like a so called sports car should be able to. Shaking like a nervous wreck when targa top was off. When on, it was not really bad. Bought the car after having crashed the 300ZX but kept is only 3 to 4 months.

About the RC seats. I believe you. When the seats in the CT are great I am sure bigger models have excellents seats as well.

7 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

be able to. Shaking like a nervous wreck when targa top was off.

Who was shaking?..you/the car/or both?

I seem to remember mentioning  an MR2 roadster some time ago.We had one for a few years ,handled well but not particularly fast.It handled  better with the hardtop on in the winter.It had really poor alloy wheels....they kept corroding but Toyota replaced them under warranty, probably about 7 times 

7 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

Who was shaking?..you/the car/or both?

I seem to remember mentioning  an MR2 roadster some time ago.We had one for a few years ,handled well but not particularly fast.It handled  better with the hardtop on in the winter.It had really poor alloy wheels....they kept corroding but Toyota replaced them under warranty, probably about 7 times 

The Supra was useless as sports car without targa top installed.

MR2 Spyder handled very well, and no it was not a fast car, but fun to drive. Did not like the Toyota wheels on it so bought wheels from Braid. Lighter and kept dimension on front wheels, but rear wheels made wider, ½ or 1 " not really sure, long time ago. Fantastic car for the mountains here. Not really a place to drive fast.

13 hours ago, DavidCM said:

....my RC seats are very comfortable..the best I've had …

Exactly my own thought.  I sometimes still get a twinge in my lumbar region which I blame on an aesthetically pleasing but not overly comfortable desk chair I should have thrown out years earlier than I finally did.  The twinge immediately and thankfully goes away when I sit in my RC with the lumbar support function set to its maximum, which is where I permanently keep it.

• Like 1

Interesting ..... My RX400H seat produces a ripping pain across my shoulders on a long journey.  Unfortunately I don't think it's the same cause as shown in the video, because I get the same pain after a similar number of hours on my electric bike or my motorbike, and I have always thought it was LACK of support rather than something digging in (which it couldn't be on the bikes of course).  I think the top of the drivers seat on the Rx400 flares away from my back too quickly, so there is nothing pressing in the shoulder area where Mr Vlad is getting a problem ..... but I will have a fiddle around tomorrow and see if there's anything sharp in there.  Presumably the seat back will come off in a similar way.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links