Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dangers Of Public Car Parks !

My sympathies.......

Exactly the same thing happened to me in the car park at work.

Came out and some nice person had reversed into the rear quaterpanel just above the light and damaged the bumper.

All in all it came to just over £1100 of damage- not bad for a car I'd had 10 weeks!

It was nice to know that some nice git I work with did it and didnt bother to leave a note...........

Parked the car in my normal spot for work yesterday. Came out of work at lunchtime to find that some 'kind' person had redesigned my wing for me. They left without a trace of course. Personally - I would shot the B :tsktsk:

Life's not good today.......

Ouuuccchhhh!!!...That hurts man some peopls are just :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Sorry to hear that, and i know how you feel about it, because some time ago i left my car near the sport arena, where i go for swimming. Came back and some dodieman(woman) reversed to my left front wing. But mine was damaged much more. Some people just don't know what rear mirrors are for!!!!!

Unlucky mate! :o

What really anoyes me is the :tsktsk: idiots that hit a car that hard must know that they have done it and drive off!. Have a look round the car park and see if theres another car which a dent that matches up, and then hang them!! :angry:

Sorry to hear that. Same sort of thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Luckily i was sat in the car at the time so i got all his details. £500+ to repair the damage, good job i aint paying. I guess lexus has a target on it that only idiots can see and hit.

The keyscratching culture in society today makes me absolutely sick. People can't respect the fact that other people work hard to earn the money they spend, they simply think they have the right to damage what isn't theirs... It's absolutely disgusting and I bet the UK is much worse for it than other countries are. I've no evidence to back that up but I'd be interested to hear other people's opinions. I really do hate the absolute dregs of society that do this kind of stuff!

sorry neil,all that hard work youve put in aswell mate,rise above it pal theres scum everywhere.

Thanks for your support guys...I really appreciate it. Looks like I have got off lightly compared to some of your experiences though.

Mattj - If you're selling 'Chris's' OSF Wing - PM me with a price mate.

Done a bit of homework and Lexus will sell me a new wing for around £100 (Inc 15% Gold Discount) and I can go to the painters that do all the work for Lexus directly for I guess around £130.

This is much beter than the £450 I have been quoted for a body shop. (Not going to claim on my insurance as I am in my 11th month and renewal is end of October).

Only trouble is that I will have to fit the wing myself. I think I am capable as it is bolted on I believe, however, are there any points I should look out for?

Has anyone replaced a wing before? Is it easy (i.e. no welds to break first?).

Think I'll install a webcam outside our unit!!

Thanks again....

Neil

sorry neil,all that hard work youve put in aswell mate,rise above it pal theres scum everywhere.

Thanks for your support guys...I really appreciate it. Looks like I have got off lightly compared to some of your experiences though.

Mattj - If you're selling 'Chris's' OSF Wing - PM me with a price mate.

Done a bit of homework and Lexus will sell me a new wing for around £100 (Inc 15% Gold Discount) and I can go to the painters that do all the work for Lexus directly for I guess around £130.

This is much beter than the £450 I have been quoted for a body shop. (Not going to claim on my insurance as I am in my 11th month and renewal is end of October).

Only trouble is that I will have to fit the wing myself. I think I am capable as it is bolted on I believe, however, are there any points I should look out for?

Has anyone replaced a wing before? Is it easy (i.e. no welds to break first?).

Think I'll install a webcam outside our unit!!

Thanks again....

Neil

pretty sure yemgi did a workshop on how to remove the wing

just cant find it yet :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links