Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ditched The Lex Today

chrisis200

Well couldn't go out driving today so I made myself a little video check it out...

If it's not there check back in 5 mins youtube r uploading it ;)

They where 19" TSW Catallunya (not sure the spelling ;) ) ones, Gun Metal Grey... ^^look at the last pic on my video the alloys r totally missing on that 1 wheel :S

P.S. Went to get the other tyre today just incase the insurance guys think i drive on 3 wheels everyday :lol:

Sorry to see those pictures Chris, but that wheel is a bit worrying. I know the wheel isn't designed to take the sort of knock that you gave it (must have been the kerb) but they do take sidewise loads and those fractures don't look too good. They're obviously castings because they're brittle not ductile fractures. Don't like to worry anyone unduly but any small cracks from even a minor knock can propagate in material like that, and that wheel design doesn't have that much material in the spokes to start with.

When it comes down to it ,wheels and tyres are not items you want to economise on they the most important items on any car.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice vid . sorry to hear about the car . it dosnt look very bad . i know irish insurance companies would say ur grand about the exhaust but wouldnt give you the money to replace it as it " wasnt on the car "

if i was u id take that rim and hang it from somewhere keep it as a momento

where is the knight roundabout? I know notts quite well but im not sure witch one it is. my car is blue with cream leather like yours except the alloys so made me think about it. verry sorry for what's happened. Im sure it will be all good though. If they do right it off you can ask for the car back and sell some bits off it to make a bit extra cash. or use it as spares for your new one. I really hope all goes well.

Craig :crybaby:

Calling them tomorrow they only just botherd picking it up from the recovery place that was over a week ago I had the acciedent will update u guys...

Yes sorry TNM thats y couldn't make the meet, no car...

Hi mate, sorry to see this :crybaby:

But on a good note i think the ins will pay to get it fixed as it dont look to bad, they paid to have my Lex fixed last year when i went sideways of the A2 and that cost 7k........

So out the blue the garage have called me & told me the car will be back tomorrow & fixed.. They said I have to pay them the excess is this correct guys? or do I pay norwich union? I will prob give both a call tomorrow 2 make sure

So out the blue the garage have called me & told me the car will be back tomorrow & fixed.. They said I have to pay them the excess is this correct guys? or do I pay norwich union? I will prob give both a call tomorrow 2 make sure

Cracking news mate. You have to pay the garage, but don't pay until you are completely happy with everything. They even replaced the alloys with the same?

Yeah you'll pay the garage the excess, not your insurance company - just to explain, the way the excess works is that you pay the first £x of the claim. So they'll pay the garage the price of the repair minus your excess amount.......

Yeah you'll pay the garage the excess, not your insurance company - just to explain, the way the excess works is that you pay the first £x of the claim. So they'll pay the garage the price of the repair minus your excess amount.......

Nice one guys thanks... I'll update ya tomorrow lee, I think they changed the alloys like for like, I hope anyway..lol

Good news then.

Yes you have to pay the garage.

BUT before you part with your money or sign for the car, make sure you inspect if first.

If you are not happy with anything - tell them about it and see what they are prepared to do.

If you not happy with reponse then just ring your insurance up and request for an inspector to have a look.

I mention this a my mother had a right game getting her car reapaired, they done a crap job on repainting panels, they said it was acceptable!!! so we got the insurance inspector involved and it soon got sorted out.

All resprayed again.

All the best

Paul

Good news then.

Yes you have to pay the garage.

BUT before you part with your money or sign for the car, make sure you inspect if first.

If you are not happy with anything - tell them about it and see what they are prepared to do.

If you not happy with reponse then just ring your insurance up and request for an inspector to have a look.

I mention this a my mother had a right game getting her car reapaired, they done a crap job on repainting panels, they said it was acceptable!!! so we got the insurance inspector involved and it soon got sorted out.

All resprayed again.

All the best

Paul

Yeah good advice Paul thanks, but could I ask how I'd check the suspension etc? I'm not to mechanically minded to be fair :unsure: I can do the other things such as check paint, dints etc ;)

Yeah good advice Paul thanks, but could I ask how I'd check the suspension etc? I'm not to mechanically minded to be fair :unsure: I can do the other things such as check paint, dints etc ;)

Probably the best way would be to take it for a test drive, round a few roundabouts and the like

Is the car anywhere near Watford? If so ask the Dr to take a look during the test drive :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links