Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Mods For 2008?

Anees

Hi guys,

I thought it would be interesting to see what plans people have for their cars in 2008!

I am planning on dramatically upgrading the ICE with a double din unit, amp, subwoofer and change speakers - the standard setup in truly PANTS in BMWs. Thats my main mod for 2008! :D

Anyone else? :question:

mate i have got loads to do to mine. trd front and side skirts needs spraying and fitting. i need to get me hands of a Trust Power Extreme II exhaust. Dark Chrome Rear lights, engine needs cleaning, black brake discs. Trust the list is endless. :crybaby:

Induction Kit & new engine cover being fitted at the moment, waiting on a apexi filter to arrive :D excited... then pending on insurance get my alloys refurbed an rubbered so they can go back on.. then the sky is the limit pending on funds ;)

I don't have many big plans for the ISupra other than to get it finally running right and mapped. couple of things I would like to get are new staggered wheels with as wide as I can get tires for the rear. It also needs some tidying like new headlight as the current ones are only fit for the bin, a custom made radiator expansion bottle, new steering wheel and if I'm lucky a nice set of bucket seats.

Getting that lot sorted in the next year would be a feat in itself as I also have to pay of the debts I have from doing the engine swap in the first place LOL. :whistling:

coil-overs and new disc's. More of a necessity though as i doubt the car will pass it's MOT with warppedrear disc's, and Lex Leeds said the front passenger side shock was leaking slightly.

Rik, if going for an engine upgrade...... get a steam engine, it'll probably outperform a diesel one on MPG. :lol:

a new headunit should be in next week, a new front bumper is already there I am just wondering if I remove the bodykit or not before getting it sprayed. Next mods will be a LSD I think and possibly a Stage 1 supercharger pulley when I sure my engine can handle it.

In order of likelihood:-

Paint Calipers

Eibach Springs

Front Tints to match rears

HKS Silent Hi-Power

K&N Typhoon Induction Kit

18" Advan model 5's in gunmetal

.. and numerous other small bits'n'bobs.

ive already brought my first mod of 2008, a set of 550cc power enterprise injectors.

Next:

uprated rods,crank and low comp pistons from the 1g-gte prolex is selling hopefully ;)

Lightweight flywheel

LSD

New HID's as mine have packed up

and some minor bodywork tidy up.

well, i tried to tell myself that i've gotta try to slow down the modding, but unfortunately its not that simple :lol: :lol:

i've got a TTE bumper awaiting prep and fitment and just had the geometry done.

as for further mods, well all i really want done for now is possibly a cat-back system and some uprated ARB's. as for anything else, well, time will tell. but that's what i've got planned for the year ahead. might, of course, see what i can get my hands on in the states later in January.....

But, realistically, all this might go out the window if things progress with future plans on another car......but i'm in 2 minds about that and SOOO happy with the lex at the minute i cant see myself letting it go anytime soon.

If I keep it,

A Sport Grill Sprayed Kodiak Sky -

Get the front bumper resprayed as well after the poor effort done when I first collected the car - aged very badly in the first 7 months of ownership.

New head-unit to talk to my growing collection of ipods (these things seem to be breeding! :unsure: )

Maybe a set of IS250 alloys on there :whistling:

Right where do i start :unsure:

Tein Coilovers with edfc unit hidden in centre consol.

LOTS more carbon including, custom carbon induction, carbon engine cover, carbon engine pieces, carbon braces, more carbon trim and carbon spoiler!

Finally finish the sound system and get a few screens in the car as well.

Get wheels refurbed and powder coated in black

Windows tinted darker

finish off my custom front bumper and spray and fit to the car.

Finish off molding my custom air intake piece.

Fit wiring looms for fog conversion, sport steering wheel, oil catch tank

Get car proffesionally cleaned and paint buffed up

and if there is any change left from that then maybe a Supercharger :whistling::devil::devil::devil::devil:

Jason :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links