Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Long Have You Owned Your Lexus?

kam05

I was talking to my mate the other night and he asked me how long I've owned my IS200 now (my mate changes his cars every couple of months- he the kind of guy that buys sub 1k cars). Told him I've owned my car for 6 years now. My mate turns around and says 'That's a long time to own a car, you should change it'. I asked him why? My car is running perfectly, there is no finance on it and I still love driving it. The only thing my car costs me is the usual stuff, fuel/tax/servicing/tyres/insurance etc. So far, I haven't had any unexpected failures/repairs on my car and I don't expect to have any despite my car now being almost 8 years old and with 110,000 miles on the clock.

So, how long have you owned your Lexus for?

EDIT: I've clocked up 70,000 miles in the last 6 years. Had 40,000 on the clock when I bought my IS200.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had my Is200 for over 4yrs and no problems at all, thats why I don't want to get rid, Still love it like the day I bought it.. Took it to Cyprus and back thats how much I love it.. only done 69k

Well impressed with the reliability and it still turns heads ..

Best colour to havew it in, Royal Saphire with cream interior, People comment on how clean the cream interior is ..

Will keep it another year as I was going to get a IS250 but not impressed with ias much as the 200

Had my Series 1 GS300 Sport for 6 years almost to the day..85k when I got it and 146k when sold and only routine service items needed. Got the GS430 just over 2 months ago. If it is as reliable as the old 300 I will probably have this for over 6 years as it's only done 46k.

I was talking to my mate the other night and he asked me how long I've owned my IS200 now (my mate changes his cars every couple of months- he the kind of guy that buys sub 1k cars). Told him I've owned my car for 6 years now. My mate turns around and says 'That's a long time to own a car, you should change it'. I asked him why? My car is running perfectly, there is no finance on it and I still love driving it. The only thing my car costs me is the usual stuff, fuel/tax/servicing/tyres/insurance etc. So far, I haven't had any unexpected failures/repairs on my car and I don't expect to have any despite my car now being almost 8 years old and with 110,000 miles on the clock.

So, how long have you owned your Lexus for?

EDIT: I've clocked up 70,000 miles in the last 6 years. Had 40,000 on the clock when I bought my IS200.

It will be 3years next month and 14000miles,not much but i still love it,It would be nice to change your car every year but what would u get after the LEXUS,Anything ,would be going backwards :lol:

4 faultless years in November. Still love driving it and so just can't warrant buying anything else at the minute, although I go through stages when I think I do!

Had my IS for 5 years in september and been a member of Loc almost as long.

I still love driving it, nearly chopped it in, a month or 2 ago, but for another IS a 300, but cant justify the Road tax hike. ! will see what happens.

14 months now just wish i could stop spending money on it but cant B)

6 faultless years now with the IS200 Sportnav, and 2 of the same with the IS250 SE-L. :) ...may be changing both fairly soon though :winky:

14 months now just wish i could stop spending money on it but cant B)

6 faultless years now with the IS200 Sportnav, and 2 of the same with the IS250 SE-L. :) ...may be changing both fairly soon though :winky:

9 month and going strong done 10,000 miles,changed front pads and discs back needing done soon need new tyres and a wee service,all because lexus aberdeen are *****,but love my is200

6 years myself, faultless too - and yeah I still love driving mine too, like other cars but don't want to get rid of this one :)

What are you planning to replace them both with? :whistling:

I had a 2001 GS300 for two years and 20,000 miles and now have a 2004 LS430 and have done 10,000 relaxed miles in it. Neither had a problem, only servicing, fuel etc. There is nothing like having a waft in an LS after spending all week in my Nissan Micra driving school car.

6 years myself, faultless too - and yeah I still love driving mine too, like other cars but don't want to get rid of this one :)

What are you planning to replace them both with? :whistling:

Now that both kids have their own cars I'd like to trade in the IS200 for a Honda S2000 for my better half...then depending totally on my powers of persuasion, replace the 250 for a GTR next year :lol: I have seriously considered the IS-F and have test driven it often, but 95% of the time it felt and sounded too much like my 250 to make me want to part with the vast difference in price.....

Didn't Bill Gates (then the richest in the world) keep his Lexus for 20 years (later auctioned on eBay)?

Isn't the whole idea of Lexus that they've taken the place of Mercedes to produce cars that last decades? I know some Mercs are still in use everyday which were built in the 1960s.

we have had our LS430 for 18odd months with no problems.dun over 62k on an 04.. but in about 5 hours we are leaving to pick up a mk1 gs300 sport, from my cousin in london. in 1997 he came here to liverpool to pick this car up. since then "11"years he has clocked up just 60k in town driving. from his home to the airport. in that 11 years of motoring all he has had to replace is the Battery in his key fob last year, and of course tires. cant wait till tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links