Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

15 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Which Major Service P ?

They did a 60k service Roy which inc replace fluids for front/rear boxes and spark plugs & Hybrid check. Must admit I like the reassurance that this has been done. Clean bill of health according to service manager after he test drove it      

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Passed a Hybrid Health Check on Friday (from 2nd attempt) and also did a wheel alignment, Lexus said the wheels needed to be adjusted but I don't feel the differences before and after.

While in a Lexus garage I sat in ES, damn, from outside it is the most beautiful saloon on the market! I was nicely surprised with the boot size.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vlady said:

Passed a Hybrid Health Check on Friday (from 2nd attempt) and also did a wheel alignment, Lexus said the wheels needed to be adjusted but I don't feel the differences before and after.

While in a Lexus garage I sat in ES, damn, from outside it is the most beautiful saloon on the market! I was nicely surprised with the boot size.

I dare you Vlady (oops almost spilt my breakfast Rioja! )

I think it is gorgeous too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After a lot of thinking and considerations what to do with my Oil Service which is almost due I decided to go with Lexus Garage (Glasgow). I contacted local garage and the price would be £140 cheaper compared to Lexus, it was not enough to swing me towards private garage as obviously they do not provide a 1 year warranty, so yesterday phoned Lexus and booked an appointment which will include an MOT too.

I also will get a courtesy car and they promised it will be free of charge. Lexus Glasgow has an RX450h and a few UX as a courtesy car, I hope to get an RX though! 🙂

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Submitted my car for an MOT and a service to Lexus Glasgow, I have been given an UX300h as a lease/courtesy car. 

My 1st properly driven fully electric car (I had a quick shot in Tesla 3 a few months ago) and I like it, a lot! It is quite, instant acceleration and it goes pretty well too, I tried to accelerate from 50 to 70 and it was probably quicker than my GS! The car is also very well specced!

Only if it was bigger, for my needs is tiny! KIA Niro may be? 🙂

I also hope my GS will get through MOT check painlessly! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Submitted my car for an MOT and a service to Lexus Glasgow, I have been given an UX300h as a lease/courtesy car. 

My 1st properly driven fully electric car

Guessing that should be UX300e ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vlady said:

My 1st properly driven fully electric car (I had a quick shot in Tesla 3 a few months ago) and I like it, a lot! It is quite, instant acceleration and it goes pretty well too, I tried to accelerate from 50 to 70 and it was probably quicker than my GS! The car is also very well specced!

Only if it was bigger, for my needs is tiny! KIA Niro may be? 🙂

I also hope my GS will get through MOT check painlessly! 

I did also like the 300e when I had one on loan.  It is just a shame that the top spec is so expensive!

I'm sure the GS will be fine, but do let us know how it goes.

2 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I did also like the 300e when I had one on loan.  It is just a shame that the top spec is so expensive!

I'm sure the GS will be fine, but do let us know how it goes.

Thanks @Shahpor, just had a phone call from Lexus, all is good, passed MOT with no issues at all!

Also oil service (minor) is done so technically I have a 1year Lexus warranty! Happy!

• Like 2

Fitted a Wireless (with night vision) reversing Camera to the GS. Fortunate there had already been a Taurus at some time in its past and so a hot lead was found in the boot side well. Saved a bit of fiddling with the reversing Light.   Not a thing of beauty when there is a triple cable with plugs dangling from the non integral Screen affixed to the Dash,  but hey ho does the job.   

• Like 3

Another routine front brake maintenance, I usually do it twice a year, before and after the winter. Callipers were removed, all pads and pins were cleaned, re-lubricated and put back together! 👍

• Like 3

got back home yesterday after a 672 mile, 5 day round trip visiting relatives in the West Country ...  no E5 petrol refuelling problem nor driving challenges apart from seeing all those poor souls driving to the West Country in Qs and Qs and Qs for their half term holidays  ................. big Qs on the M3 jct joining the M25 that added at least 30 mins to our journey home last night but maybe that's a normal sort of congestion problem ..... so rarely go that way these days

and boy does she move. the V8 4 ltr of my now 26 years young car, birthday 26th October ........  must have quite shocked some of those comparative dawdlers in their super doopa BMWs, Mercs and Audis, who, flashing me to " push me outta the way " couldn't believe the sharpness of response and speed my dear old lady could show them, a clean pair of heels syndrome :yahoo:

Malc

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Malc said:

got back home yesterday after a 672 mile, 5 day round trip visiting relatives in the West Country ...  no E5 petrol refuelling problem nor driving challenges apart from seeing all those poor souls driving to the West Country in Qs and Qs and Qs for their half term holidays  ................. big Qs on the M3 jct joining the M25 that added at least 30 mins to our journey home last night but maybe that's a normal sort of congestion problem ..... so rarely go that way these days

and boy does she move. the V8 4 ltr of my now 26 years young car, birthday 26th October ........  must have quite shocked some of those comparative dawdlers in their super doopa BMWs, Mercs and Audis, who, flashing me to " push me outta the way " couldn't believe the sharpness of response and speed my dear old lady could show them, a clean pair of heels syndrome :yahoo:

Malc

Just be careful with those BMWs especially dark grey ones they are the favourite tool of the plain cop cars.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ambermarine said:

Just be careful with those BMWs especially dark grey ones they are the favourite tool of the plain cop cars.

That’s exactly right.  Also in Switzerland, possibly Germany itself, and Denmark, the latter in my own direct experience.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links