Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Boy Here!

VOZ

Hi folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a proud new owner of an IS200SE Auto with Sat Nav. Have only had it for a few hours but can't stop smiling still...

Just a few questions to you knowledgeable IS owners:

1. Noticed the Sat Nav CD is pre 2001 update - should I update to the new version and if so where should I go for this?

2. Noticed a slight rattle in the dashboard...is this usual or can I get this remedied?

3. The car is a european import, blue, sat nav and has 32500 on the clock - was £13500 an acceptable price? I did the research and just could not find a similar spec'd car for anything less

4. The rear windscreen seems to forever fill up with condensation...is this a know IS200 problem or do I need to get it seen to?

5. And finally, for the momemt(!), should I purchase a warranty from the local Lexus dealer as I can't claim the Lexus Used warranty as I bought from a local trader.

Thanks for you help

Welcome,

1 - What is the version of the CD? It should be written on it. A new disc from a dealer will cost around £150.

3 - You don't say what age your car is.

4 - Make sure you don't have the air on recirculate. Try cleaning the screen with a glass cleaner and see if that helps.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the reply...

The car is a 2001 X-plate and the CD is version 3.4 2000.

So what you reckon? Went for a spin this morning, the thing is an absolute dream!

Cheers!

Price seems good.

Version 3.4 works well. 3.7 is the latest but doesn't have any new features just an update on road data. I don't think it's worth spending £150. May be worth waiting until the next version comes out.

You can always borrow the latest one from Lexus to try out. Just give customer services a ring.

Welcome to the club VOZ.

Sorry I am not too Lexus technical on the questions you have asked... but I agree with Colin about the Nav CD ROM.

I have a V jan 2000 it came with a 1998 disc.. replaced it with the new 3.7 version released Jan 2003.. and it's brill, better female voice and much more roads on there..

I rang a few dealers and managed to squeeze a good discount.. I paid £135 from Jemca Lexus Edware road. Hope this helps..

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind welcomes - it feels good to be in knowledgeable company...

I'm in the Bristol area so if there are any local club activites you know of around here, please do let me know and I'll meet up...

Need some new mats, anyone know of an imminent group buy or shall i kisy head for the local dealer?

Cheers,

Welcome to the club VOZ :D , I to have a Blue X reg SE auto, had it a few months now and very pleased to.

In answer to one of your questions, the condensation is a common problem, my car lives outside, and in this colder weather the heat never get down between the rear screen and the speaker grills, only solution would be to leave the air/con on all the time ;) ,

Enjoy your new motor.

Wellcome to the Voz, nice to see someone else from the Bristol area.

Are you thinking of any mods yet?

No mods planned just yet...just enjoying it as it was intended! But no doubt there will be some custom fits in the near future...

You recommend anything?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links