Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommended Tyres For Is200 Se

I can recommend the Dunlop SP9000 Sports. Size for standard IS200 SE is 215 45ZR17.

They are a very nice tyre, giving good grip in wet and dry. And the tread pattern looks good!! B)

Also, the Bridgestone Potenza's same size. Have a search, there was a post not too long ago on this subject.

One thing though, there are 2 types of each of the above, the difference is in the tyre compound. Someone may be able to comment on the best ones, but I know one of the bridgestones are a bit rubbish (if you get the wrond ones!!).

The dunlops are Japan compound or EU. Micheldever tyres recommend the EU ones as its more designed for our climate etc.. Dunno what I have one the car?

Also make sure they have the tyre protector ridge on the rim.

SP9000's on mine and they're fantastic - I feel so in control with these babies.

Previously I had Bridgestone Potenza's and they only last 17k from new! So beware! I've read elsewhere that the SP9000's are harder wearing.

Also, don't pay £150 per corner as I was quoted from the high st, check out www.blackcircles.com - should be around £105 each.

You should also bear in mind what tyre is on your spare, if you have to use it - be careful of mixing brands.

Good luck!

I 've always used Bridgestones (RE040's) on mine. I find them very grippy, but as squarehead rightly says, they will only do about 18k miles.(depending how you drive!)

Also, whichever brand you buy, definately get one with the rim protector. It will save you scuffing your alloys.

One last thing. Be very careful if you are buying tyres yourself and having them fitted. Many local tyre fitters are very clumsy, and the rims are very easily damaged. It's because of the very hard, very narrow profile of the tyre.

Cheers

Lofty

Luckily I live half an hour from Micheldever and I too run Goodyear F1's. :P

I did have Michelins previously and they wore down really quickly. Something like 12K miles and I needed a new set. :crying: I seem to remember that there wasn't much difference in price between the two either! :blink:

The Goodyears have been on for nearly a year now (12K) and still look like new. I am a pretty hard driver as well (as in I drive hard not I suffer from road rage and go round clubbing people!) :whistling:

well i run michelin pilot sports and love them to bits, i have never had and aqual planing even when running into the seepest of puddles at speed, which is good.

in the dry they are amazing, but in the wet they are just as good, i have so much confidence in them, they are predictable and also very controlabel in a slide (which are frequent). and yes they are pretty soft, but i will always be buying them

• 1 month later...

Had my wheels aligned at the 80k service yesterday as the inside edge of both front Michelin Pilot Sports was worn down. Caused by wrong camber setting by the looks of the report. I've got Goodyear Eagle F1s on the back, but all 4 need replacing really. Does the new Eagle F1 GSD3 have a rim protector? As my wife drives the IS soetimes I think rim protectors are essential! Blackcircles.com has GSD3s for 106.33 fitted, what do you think? How long do they last with 'normal' driving?!

Many thanks

I have the dunlops also, a great 'dry' weather tyre, and lasts about 25/30K..

The only problem comes in heavy rain, or snow/icy conditions, you have to be careful as they can lose grip very quickly..

the "EU" compound as its called is prob a softer compound because when it gets to below 7C normal tyres start to lose grip quite rapidly with any decrease in temperature.

sp9000's are great but can be a little bit noisy( all depends on road surface though) and are very hard wearing. if you are worried about control in snow ice etc then look for a tyre that has a block style tread - this will help a little but not toooooo much.

I recently had Cooper's put on the rear. They're are from Cooper-Avon company. Yes they make Avon Tyres too: )

Giving them a try as they are cheaper than bigger names others have named above. They look good too! If anybody wants details I've got a small brochure from the company in the car and can post details.

size: 215 45 17

I'm with Mat on this one! Toyo Proxes T1-S

About a month ago I trawled through two years worth of posts in the Wheels and Tyres Forum trying to make an imformed decision. Plumped for the Toyo's as they had good reviews and reasonable prices. 1000 miles later and they are great! They did take about 500 miles to scrub in properly though!

I currently have the P-zero's on and have been impressed with them, In the past have had Michelin which I found excellent in the wet and seemed to last ages, Goodyear which were as good as the Michelin and Continental which for me the worst tyres I have had.

Avon are very good and are used by Rolls Royce and Bently so can not get much better recomendation!

I have just had P Zeros fitted as they were the original equipment on the my 18" rims. After having some high quotes from the usual Internet Dealers I eventually ended up at my local Kwikfit where I was charged £91 per corner inclusive of fitting , new valves, balance and vat. An absolute bargain but I did have to buy 4.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links