Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

License Plate Survey - Please give a one word answer

Boomer54

Do you know why your license plate is white on the front and yellow on the rear of your vehicle?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know why your license plate is white on the front and yellow on the rear of your vehicle?

• Yes
    • No

So, I am interested to know how many drivers, on what is afterall a motoring enthusiasts platform , know why your license plate is white on the front and yellow on the rear of your vehicle.

Please , just answer yes ,or no, you do not have to explain the reason why it is so. Indeed, for other voters I would rather you didn't !

I am just trying to take the 'temp' on knowledge of this law to see if it actually upholds the underlying rational for it's existence, or if it is just another one of those 'bright' ideas somebody had, because they are 'smart' (sic).

Sorry. But because I'm a bit thick lol I don't know what you're actually asking. How I see your 'question ' is more like a comment. Please be clear and not vague. Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Sorry. But because I'm a bit thick lol I don't know what you're actually asking. How I see your 'question ' is more like a comment. Please be clear and not vague. Thanks. 

Ok, sorry if I am not being clear. Your car has a yellow plate on it's rear and it has a white plate on it's front. That is by law. Do you know why the law thinks that is a good idea? It is obviously supposed to do something to help you as a driver. Do you think you know what that something is ? Just a simple yes or no.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Yes - and the reason for it is its supposed to allow the driver to understand whether a vehicle is moving towards them or away from them in an instant.

Well, fancy that!

lemon drizzle cake maybe  ..........  LOOK  EVERYONE  .  just behave please 🥶

is it too difficult for free thinking Lexus Forum Members to understand that all that's required, nay stipulated, is for a               ONE WORD ANSWER

YES or NO  ....... Yay or Nay will possibly suffice too ....  or even in a foreign language ...  what's the Russian for Y or N ?

Malc

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

OK , I am satisfied (especially as the answer is now out there).

We had 9 Ayes to 7 Nays Inc my Nay), and that is on a forum like this. I suspect the general public will be found to be far worse statistically than the result found here. Sort of begs the question do you think that if people are more typically unaware that the sight of a yellow plate heading towards them is trouble then the rule really is not satisfying it's existence.

The very question only occurred to me ,because I thought how irritating is it that I don't have plates that match in colour. Before I rip off that that offends me I will just look up the rules and voila I find out it is supposed to have meaning. Whereupon I thought perhaps I am just that visiting alien blissfully unaware of local custom. Apparently not, I have a lot of company.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links