Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 years and bye

Lovely car. I did look at these along with M4's, C63's and then ended up with an ISF (wanted that Lexus reliability). I'm glad it's everything you wanted it to be. I've seen mixed reviews, but that's usually from the German biased crowd. Enjoy your new motor.

• Like 1

Crikey, seemed to have kicked off a diplomatic incident 😜

Usual German biased crowd don't interest me - which is why I used to drive a Lexus (and previously 3 Saabs) rather than a BMW or Audi, the only BMW I ever considered was a 5 series.

The German cars that the Stinger "competes with" are about £6-10k more expensive BEFORE speccing up, probably in the region of £25-30k more by the time you've added the same kit.

I only mentioned the toys as stepping out of the IS into this and it is quite striking, it did take me about a week to get to know how all the toys work there are that many.

And the quality feels good too, many of the German biased reviews talk about "better quality plastic" - but the plastics in here are a match for anything I've seen in a Lexus (I have driven IS, CT & NX and sat in a UX). But never mind plastic, the centre console here is clad in brushed aluminium - actual metal, it does feel a better cabin than the Lexus I've had and as good as any I've been in.

Never had so many people talk to me about my car before, and heads turning, even had a group of Mums walking their kids to school this morning craning round as they crossed over the zebra crossing 😁

Vince 

• Like 3

The stinger is a lovely car for the money easily the best mid range brand vehicle for the price. I was really tempted to get one but just found it to be a bit cheap on the inside during my test drive. 

Hope you really enjoy the new toy. Wouldn't bother comparing it to an IS though 😅

Remember if your not flooring it every chance, your driving it wrong. 

On 3/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Vince Donald said:

Well 4 years with my Mesa Red IS300h and I've now move on to this..

914684954_MyStingermodded.thumb.jpg.ce7cc35a0c15dca6243ffeccaed74ed4.jpg

Er, its a Kia.... Stinger 3.3 Twin turbo.

Must say that the amount of toys this thing has makes the Lexus look a little poor by comparison.

Quality wise. I'm impressed, and this thing is seriously fast.

Vince

Like a Lexus, something less ordinary. Enjoy!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Brechin Slate said:

Like a Lexus, something less ordinary. Enjoy!

Yes enjoy The KIa . THEY are a sound make . 

There is also a big  bonus to owning one ?/...........................................................Linas doesnt ................so hes unlikely to pop up there LOL

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Vince Donald said:

Well 4 years with my Mesa Red IS300h and I've now move on to this..

914684954_MyStingermodded.thumb.jpg.ce7cc35a0c15dca6243ffeccaed74ed4.jpg

Er, its a Kia.... Stinger 3.3 Twin turbo.

Must say that the amount of toys this thing has makes the Lexus look a little poor by comparison.

Quality wise. I'm impressed, and this thing is seriously fast.

Vince

Well done Vince - these are quite rare beasts and I like them.

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Do these things not need servicing every 6k miles and 6 months though?

Not really sure why either. Seems a bit arbitrary 

Yes that is correct. No idea why either. 

Very nice car.  I actually quite like the look of them.

I looked at this as a possible replacement for my GS, but I also noted the strangely short service intervals which, considering the mileage I was doing, meant between 3 and 4 services a year!

Also, what is the MPG like?

Thanks.

20 hours ago, rayaans said:

Do these things not need servicing every 6k miles and 6 months though?

Not really sure why either. Seems a bit arbitrary 

That’s not good then does that mean they have less faith in their high profomance engines as they don’t have many/one of these engines  🤔

4 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

That’s not good then does that mean they have less faith in their high profomance engines as they don’t have many/one of these engines  🤔

Not sure. They still give the same warranty on it. It's just a weird number to choose. I doubt the oil gets degraded that badly in 10k/12 months in comparison to 6k/6months

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Not sure. They still give the same warranty on it. It's just a weird number to choose. I doubt the oil gets degraded that badly in 10k/12 months in comparison to 6k/6months

Especially given the oil is probably fully synthetic. Agreed that 6 months / 6k miles servicing seems a bit extreme. Bad enough that Lexus have 10k / 12 months intervals. Still a lovely car the Stinger imo 

21 hours ago, rayaans said:

Must be a logical reason other then Kia feel like seeing owner twice a year for a chit chat 😅

• Haha 1

The six month thing may be to help KIA offer the seven year warranty on a powerful and heavy car. The price of an extra service per year is probably cheaper than extending the warranty on a Lexus!

By far the best-looking car in the improving KIA line-up, even more so in real life than in pictures, and with impressive performance figures.  Its long and slim version of the “Tiger Nose” grille looks particularly aggressive when the car comes up in your rear-view mirror.

14 hours ago, Riccccccardo said:

Must be a logical reason other then Kia feel like seeing owner twice a year for a chit chat 😅

Can't be that logical when the US is 6k miles or 1 year! 🤣 

Shortened to 6 months...... Due to living in the UK 

In the USA Hyundai and Kia  have been fined 210 Million for failing to recall alot of cars for engones fires and for deceptove practices in deayeing or deny problems.. As well as the fine itself, it;s gonna hurst thei r pockets too.

https://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2020/12/01/592190.htm

On 3/18/2021 at 11:21 AM, rayaans said:

Can't be that logical when the US is 6k miles or 1 year! 🤣 

Shortened to 6 months...... Due to living in the UK 

Our bad pot hole roads that the government does not use Our road tax Money to Fix the roads? #criminal

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A modern hybrid Lexus cannot be classed as a ‘reliable’ car in my experience.

I had an old IS200 (2000 vintage) that never missed a beat.

I traded it in for a 3+ year old hybrid IS and it is very poor for reliability. Over 14 days it let me down 5 times.

I would would have been lost without Lexus Assist.

My next car will also most likely be of Korean manufacture.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:23 PM, Vince Donald said:

I've seen criticism of the fake vents, mainly those on the bonnet, doesn't detract the looks IMHO if anything it breaks up the huge bonnet.  The other obvious vents around the front wheels are there to do some work.

Obviously the smoothness of the auto box can never match the Lexus due to how the Lexus works but it is a good 8 speed box.

0-60 is supposed to be 4.7s and the few times I've planted my foot, I can very well believe it, its quite staggering how fast it pulls.

365bhp & 376lb-ft (about 510Nm) so it pulls just the same to overtake something as well, really gonna have to take it steady to keep a points free license.

But it is set up as a Grand Tourer, only after lockdown end will I find out how good it is at munching the miles, something the Lexus was extremely good at.

Vince

Good luck keeping your driver's license. I had a couple of cars that almost got me in trouble, but luckily in a country where police is easily bribed.

Does not look bad, Linus think so, but I do not. A friend of mine who is a car salesman has a Kia and he was not selling these.

Should I ever win the largest lottery, I would buy an old Porsche 959 and modify the engine and tank so it could drive on hydrogen.

Do you like that Linus?

billede.thumb.png.6abe9cc44e26c56d0bca3da6579b865a.png

1 hour ago, David lings said:

A modern hybrid Lexus cannot be classed as a ‘reliable’ car in my experience.

I had an old IS200 (2000 vintage) that never missed a beat.

I traded it in for a 3+ year old hybrid IS and it is very poor for reliability. Over 14 days it let me down 5 times.

I would would have been lost without Lexus Assist.

My next car will also most likely be of Korean manufacture.

I mean,

The rest of the world and automotive industry disagree with you including myself.

They are extremely reliable. More so than Korean vehicles. Period.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links