Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cancer

AMH

Not been on LOC for a while - here's the story so far ...

Went to docs 3 weeks ago with slightly swollen neck glands - got given a blood test and course of penicillin - thought no more.

Got a call 2 days later to go for some urgent blood tests at hospital - raised lymphocyte count- then got a call to see Maxio-facial consultant and Haemotology consultant within days.

Seems I have a lymphoma (cancer of the blood) - most likely to be Mantle Cell or Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia.

Doing a load more tests this week (bone marrow / CT / colonscopy etc etc) to fully identify type and stage.

My Mum died 2 years ago of Mantle Cell - though it is not supposed to be hereditary ...

Now waiting to see the Haemotogist again on the 1 September to be told exactly what it is, how far developed and what treatment is possible ...

So far NHS system has been so fast it is scary - almost impossible to keep up with the calls and letters for appointments in the first 2 weeks.

Hoping it has been caught early and that treatment will give me a few years (have a 4 yr old I want to see through school at the very least).

Make the most of what life offers - you just never know what is round the corner.

Andy.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:crybaby::crybaby:

Really sorry to hear that. I wish you all the luck in the world to help you recover.

Cancer is not "THE END" as it was a few years back. I hope and pray you have many long years ahead with all these new treatments that are available.

I've recently had a few cancer scares in my own family too - its scary how common it seems. :huh::huh:

Take care and stay positive,

Anees

For what it's worth mate, my mother has the same. She was diagnosed in '92, and has fought it hard. Shows that it can be done. I have never seen anyone so brave in my life. She now has 6 monthly checkups, yeah the drugs are a drag and very strong. But fingeres crossed.... you will learn to beat it...

... afterall you have a child to inspire you. Good luck.

Not good news mate.

Like you say, all the tests are being done and hopefully they will have caught it at an early stage.

Can only wish you all the best and that treatment will be successful.

I hate this kind of subject as I really don't know what to say, apart from that I really hope all goes well for you.

Just remember to be strong, and on the days you don't feel strong you have plenty of friends on this site to talk to so KEEP MAILING US. :winky:

I'm right there with you. Feel for you mate.

Probably no help at this stage, but if it is of specific malignant neoplasm then the odds are very good. Even with very advanced disease, the survival is 75-90%. If caught earlier then the prognosis is very positive.

The battle goes on, but with lymphomas/lymphosarcomas the medical world is very advanced and seems to be always one step ahead. Massive amounts of money are poured into this field and as results have shown, is certainly paying off. As you have seen, this is an area of the NHS that really does surpass itself.

The treatment may get you down at first, but it becomes part of your life.

I'm not trying to minimalise your situation here - I hope I'm pointing out positives from my own personal experiences, although at this stage the pyscological effect is overwelming and no one can understand what you feel. Fear, sadness, anger - all of them - they are all there.

I really do wish you the best and please keep us informed.

Having had a scare myself last year (fortunately all clear) I can understand what you are going through. Keep thinking positively, it'll help.

Even though I have private medical insurance, the NHS were much more proactive and responsive than the private clinic, very impressive.

Really sorry to hear this mate, I really hope that the results come back with a good prognosis, like the guys say keep optimistic and if there's anything any of us can do you know we will.

Take care mate

again i echo what has already been said previously, i can also only offer my support and my ear.

I feel for you as i have witnessed many of my family and friends become afflicted with this, but as was said before - you have to fight and be prepared to fight for what is yours and for who you love.

We here will do all we can to back you up emotionaly and spiritualy.

Here is to a speedy recovery!

cant add anything to what has allready been said

our best thoughts are with you and your family

Can only agree with everyone on LOC on this mate

I think I speak on behalf of every LOC member when I say, get well soon mate, All our thoughts are with you and your family.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links