Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sad News - Roy Of The Rovers

My sincere condolences to all the family, Sarah hoping you and your immediate family have the strength and fortitude to bear the loss in the knowledge that he was much loved and appreciated 👍

• Like 5

This is very sad news and sincere condolences to you Sarah and your family. I remember the kind and friendly messages that John sent after I'd joined the LOC. He gave helpful advice and guidance to so many and will be very much missed. RIP John.

• Like 3

Like many, I am very sad, to hear of John’s death, I feel a great loss and a sense of shock.

My heartfelt condolences to all John’s family.

I am sure that here, John will be remembered ( and indeed WILL always be remembered ) for his advice, guidance, interest, kindness and way with words.

There is a certainty, than when I’m faced with a car related question, John’s ‘voice’ will pop into my head, “Read the Owner Manual”.

And he’ll be right!

John, I salute you. Thank you for your help and support, by forum and personal message.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

0123-Roy-Of-The-Rovers-1979.jpeg

• Like 13

This is very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and friends. 

I'm sure that in real life, John was even more of a wonderful fellow than he was here in virtual form. His sage advice - "have you looked in the manual?" will remain with me forever. RIP John, you will be missed.

• Like 3

So sad to hear this about John's passing. I remember when I joined he was one of the first to welcome me and he Dm,d me informing how to use the forum. I hadn't clicked something and it wasn't posting. I rung him up to thank him most unusual for me to do this. A lady answered must have been Margaret, ill just get him for you. We had a chat a good chat put the world to right about cars dealers etc. We both had followed honest john over the years. Any how ill have to go now he said where did you get my number. From your DM i said ooh replied John. Massive contributor to this forum will be sadly missed thank you Sarah for posting. He will be reading the handbook now with a glass of Rioja to hand. Good to see forumites contributing well done all. RIP John. 

• Like 9

This is indeed very sad news. I shared John’s passion for rtfm. Will miss his love and passion for his car and his wisdom that he shared. Condolences to his family and friends. He obviously enjoyed life and hope he finds his dream car up north!

• Like 3

Oh what a very sad news!!! Apologies for not writing sooner but I was traveling back home to Sicily on Wednesday and didn't have a chance to look at the Loc. I joined the forum on January 21 and John was the first one to welcome me. He gave me some very precious advices when I was looking for a GS450H and I have always appreciated his active contributions to the forum. Following his most important advice to all members of the Loc, I have thoroughly read the owner's manual of the GS450H even before purchasing the car. I was very surprised that he had not replied to my last discussion about my car being serviced at Lexus Cork but I now understand why. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. You will be greatly missed John. RIP.

• Like 6

Sad news indeed. I've been away for a few days and only read this news this morning. I don't know where exactly he lived but I always regarded him as a local lad - us both living in Cheshire. He will be missed.

• Like 2

Just seen this which is very sad. It’s people like John who make it such a pleasure to be in a group with a common interest. Condolences to his family for his loss. The Lexus community does seem to be made up of a lot of people like myself who are in their Twilight years who are a really nice bunch.

• Like 11

OMG I can't believe I've just seen this. I'm in shock. John was a cracking bloke. He'll be missed by all of us. R.I.P my friend. It was a pleasure exchanging posts with you.

• Like 7

Absolutely shocked and saddened to hear passing of John, and my deep condolences to the whole family. I recently had the privilege of meeting with John and Margaret for the first time at their home who I greatly admired. You will be greatly missed John. RIP

• Like 3

Very sad news. I will miss the interactions we shared, the first welcome, the good advice, the subtle humour and even the bit of football banter, RIP John, Rory of the Rovers x

• Like 3

Very sad news indeed, took me a couple of days to process. Although I have never known John personally, it feels like the passing of a great friend just based on a few discussions we had on the forum, cannot even begin to imagine how sad it is for people who actually were close to him. John has always been the person who brought the sense of calmness and common sense into any discussion, was sincerely respected and will be greatly missed in the forum. 

First of all condolences to the family and strength in this difficult time and secondly I wish him to rest in peace.

• Like 12

I can only echo the comments of others. The number of messages left here show how much John was valued and appreciated on the forum, both for his wisdom and for his knowledge of Lexus. He was so often the voice of reason in a debate.

This is such sad news. I’m sending my thoughts, prayers and sincere condolences to everybody who loved you.

R.I.P. John. 

• Like 6

Very sad indeed to hear this news and extended prayers for Roy's family.  I have been a very longstanding Lexus owner and enthusiast but only joined the forum in the last few years.  He made me feel so welcome, was a prolific author and contributor who helped us all, I still see his nice photo on his profile.  I feel I have lost a friend I never met!  What a fine attribute to our colleague and friend.  

• Like 6

Such sad news. Condolences to all his family.

Although I never met John I feel he was a true friend. I will miss John's knowledge, patience and wit. Hope he has taken his handbook with him.

RIP John

JBP

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links